Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Western Force v Crusaders 22 June 2018

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I don't know why I even bother clicking onto RA crap. I did it again and realised once again what a one-eyed bunch of twats they are.
    And while I'm on that topic, I saw on FB that another RA mouthpiece Ian Payten has left the Daily Telegraph to...join Rats Arse.
    Why am I not surprised.
    It is not a state secret that the ARU/RA is taking any and every opportunity to denigrate World Series Rugby, the [new] Western Force and the WA Rugby Community.
    This is consistent with their policy regarding rugby union in WA, namely that it should go away and quietly die in some dark corner west of longitude 141E.

Therefore, it is no surprise that the salaried media folk of the ARU/RA, who among other things produce the rugby.com.au site, put the boot into WA rugby at every opportunity. To do otherwise would risk their bonuses and their continuing employment by the ARU/RA.
    Similarly, the sporting journalists in Fairfax and News will toe the ARU/RA line, so that they can be kept in the ARU/RA information loop, get their complimentary tickets to the hospitality suites at Wallabies tests and establish their credentials in case there is a future opening as a salaried media employee of the ARU/RA.

Our response is simple. Just as there is no value to be had in reading the postings of the many trolls on The Roar and GAGR, there is no value to be gained in reading newspaper articles written by the ARU/RA sycophants of the Sydney and Melbourne press.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 25-06-18 at 10:37.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    weren't the AB's accused of that a few years ago and the refs started pinging them.
    the AB's
    Can't say I recall that and I only really noticed the tactic last season. I have not watched Super Rugby all season so Friday brought it back to mind. A genuine decoy runner obviously needs to run from behind the ball - and probably be running into space rather than a defender. . Players in an off side position a supposedly out of the game right? So running flat chat at the A and B defenders (to use a Mungoism) just looks like "shepherding" if not actually obstruction.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's funny actually, I remember that "run-through" tactic was a trademark of the Robbie Deans days

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Iain Payton has joined RA? As what? Fully paid shill as opposed to sycophant shill? No wonder the organisation has no money to spend on keeping the actual game alive in Australia.
    There you go.
    Brown-nosing does work!

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/06...-payten-editor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    There you go.
    Brown-nosing does work!

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/06...-payten-editor
    “Respected” sports writer? Not much respect for him over here. Even less now.

And does the ARU really need 5 in-house journalists on its payroll? No wonder it’s broke. Oh wait, didn’t the NSW government just tip $60million into its coffers??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Is the Samoa match still on? They're supposed to be playing the 2nd leg of a RWC qualification play-off in Germany on the 14th July. Are we getting Samoa A, instead?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Is the Samoa match still on? They're supposed to be playing the 2nd leg of a RWC qualification play-off in Germany on the 14th July. Are we getting Samoa A, instead?
    Ive been wondering the same thing, then was thinking, would the Samoa playing Germany get their players from other comps released where as the Samoa playing he Force would not of, so they might have 2 teams. And who is Iona gonna play for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    “Respected” sports writer? Not much respect for him over here. Even less now.

And does the ARU really need 5 in-house journalists on its payroll? No wonder it’s broke. Oh wait, didn’t the NSW government just tip $60million into its coffers??
    Don't forget the RA's lies in confidence deal with the Vic Government

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Ive been wondering the same thing, then was thinking, would the Samoa playing Germany get their players from other comps released where as the Samoa playing he Force would not of, so they might have 2 teams. And who is Iona gonna play for?
    It might depend upon how they went in the first leg. If they smashed Germany in Leg 1, then they may consider blooding some new players. Either way, I'd want to ensure qualification for RWC, so my best players would be playing Germany.
    We might get a "possibles" squad so Samoa has a really big pool of players they can choose from.

vCash
    Unfortunate that we're not going to have the full Test squad as Samoa would have wanted to impress for WSR.
    Would think that the Samoa squad will have a similar make-up to what we saw from Fiji in Game 1.

vCash
    Fantastic having HD replays available on YouTube:

Found it again :-)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 02-07-18 at 07:37.

Champion
    vCash
    Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked many times but what is the code to buy discounted tickets for matches when you are a member?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked many times but what is the code to buy discounted tickets for matches when you are a member?
    It's your member number. But check ticket prices without it first. It was cheaper to buy without the code when I bought them!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6