Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Crusaders 22 June 2018

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Western Force v Crusaders 22 June 2018

Just has a look on Ticketmaster http://www1.ticketmaster.com.au/even..._ticket_brand= and there seem to be plenty of seats still available all over the ground. There are no other sporting conflicts that I can see as the budgies play at the cray pot on Thursday and you anchors have a bye. They might be playing soccer in Russia but the bookies already know the results of those fixtures.

Spread the word folks, this should be a sell out

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Got a ticket up the back of the stand (makes a change from Southern Stand) for $54. I notice the 3 final games are in a 3 game pack, so I picked up one of those for $50 (same block but only halfway up).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Spread the word, get more FORCE fans into the ground on matchday

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Looks like a new rule has been approved
    Fresh-faced Crusaders prepare for taste of World Rugby Series in Perth

RICHARD KNOWLER

Last updated 14:20, June 17 2018

There shouldn't be too many mad surprises in store for the Crusaders when they play in Perth.

That's what they hope, anyway. On Tuesday a Crusaders squad, minus those eliminated from consideration because of All Blacks' duty and injuries, fly to Western Australia's capital city to prepare to play the Western Force on Saturday night.

This is a fixture in the World Rugby Series, the bold venture started by billionaire Andrew Forrest after the Force got kicked out of Super Rugby last year.

The Crusaders, no strangers to Perth, have played in the city enough to accept not everything runs to the blueprint in the city on the fringe of the vast continent.

In addition to experiencing the odd scrape on the scoreboard, there have also been other moments of insanity: the odd sight of a pitch invader dressed as a banana in 2013 will certainly take some beating.

Crusaders coach Scott Robertson must also inspect a revamped rule book to ensure the Super Rugby champions are not caught unawares by a Force team used to operating under the tweaked regulations.

One of the most interesting law variations to be sanctioned by World Rugby for the WRS is the seven-point power try, which allows the team that scores off a movement launched inside its own 22 to earn maximum points - with the conversion to come. The attacking team are aware they could be in the money because a green light flashes at the top of the goal posts.

The Crusaders will also be able to name 10 reserves, although Robertson said there would be no rolling subs.

"No, not for this game. It hasn't been sanctioned," he said. "It's changing by the day at the moment and they need clearance from World Rugby to be able play them, and they keep trying different laws and rules.

Ad Feedback

"We will see what happens when we turn up. The majority of it is the same.

"It's still a game of rugby for us. It's a good competition over there and a good opportunity for a bunch of boys to play and those new rules seem quite exciting. We will just adapt to them."

As the Super Rugby champions, the Crusaders know the Force will be desperate to knock them over.

Even though Robertson will field a second-string side, a necessity given he has got so many men on national duty or in the injury ward, he accepts the Force won't care about the names on the team sheet. They just want to bowl over the kings of the competition that rejected them late last year.

Knee injuries suffered by flanker Billy Harmon and wing Jone Macilai during the 42-26 win over the French Barbarians in Christchurch last Friday night will result in Robertson digging deeper into his roster.

The young Crusaders side performed very well against the French, providing the tourists will lessons on how to counter-attack from the deep.

The tourists, meanwhile, were extremely impressive with their lineout drives which resulted in three tries. Robertson said the Crusaders expected the rolling mauls. Talking about how to counter them was one thing. Doing it successfully was another.

"You have got to give it to them; that is northern hemisphere, French footy, at its best. It was a great experience for our young guys."
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...eries-in-perth

vCash
    There's a little bit of whine in that article

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Just having a look at getting my usual GA tickets for the shed and ticketmaster is showing they're $40.70 each! Surely that can't be right, or must that area be almost sold out?

vCash
    Based on the remaining blue dots on the Ticketmaster map, I reckon about 4000 allocated seats left, about 1,000 in the East Stand and 3,000 in the West Stand. That amounts to a 10,000 - 15,000 crowd so far

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How's the promotion going in Perth?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    So - not much discussion here on the game, is no one interested? Looks like there’ll be another great crowd, wonder what entertainment will be. The Crusaders team looks pretty scary, so hoping we’re not going to get a lathering but pretty sure the boys are up to a great fight! Should be a really good game. Anyone know who the ref is, & don’t say its gonna be one of the RA muppets from Super rugby like Houston from the last game. And Bakkies, the answer is marketing seems to be going pretty well, good coverage on radio & meant to be something on news tonight but missed it. I know I’ve got friends completely ignorant of rugby (AFL-ites) who are coming along!

Champion
    vCash
    Was nervous when I saw the crusaders team named! Big ask for our boys but have no doubt they will give it all. Just can't wait to be there on Friday!

vCash
    BNZ Crusaders team named to play the Western Force
    Published: 20 June 2018

The BNZ Crusaders have arrived in Perth, where they are preparing for their match against the Western Force on Friday night.
    Head Coach Scott Robertson has named his match day team for the clash at NIB Stadium, which includes two players who could be set to make their BNZ Crusaders debut, and a number of returning Crusaders squad members.

Wyatt Crockett will start at loosehead prop, and Donald Brighouse moves to the bench. Mitchell Dunshea shifts from loose forward to lock for this game, and Hamish Dalzell, having made his BNZ Crusaders debut last week, takes a spot in the reserves. Further changes in the loose forwards will see Whetu Douglas start at No. 8, with Ethan Blackadder moving to the blindside, and Heiden Bedwell-Curtis will wear the No. 7 jersey in place of the injured Billy Harmon.

Fresh from his 22-point haul against the French Barbarians last week, Mitchell Hunt moves from fullback to first five-eighth for this game, while George Bridge, Seta Tamanivalu and Manasa Mataele all return to the starting side this week, on the left wing, at centre and right wing respectively. Israel Dagg will play at fullback this week, shifting from the right wing.

Mitchell Drummond will once again lead the team on Friday night alongside vice-captains Michael Alaalatoa and Israel Dagg. Hooker Brodie McAlister and loose forward Hugh Renton have both been named in the reserves, and will represent the Crusaders for the first time if called upon on Friday night.

Kick off is 6:30pm AWST (10:30pm in NZ), Friday 22 June, at NIB Stadium in Perth. The match will be televised on Sky Sport 1.

BNZ Crusaders team to play the Western Force:

1. Wyatt Crockett

2. Andrew Makalio

3. Michael Alaalatoa (VC)

4. Quinten Strange

5. Mitchell Dunshea

6. Ethan Blackadder

7. Heiden Bedwell-Curtis

8. Whetu Douglas

9. Mitchell Drummond (C)

10. Mitchell Hunt

11. George Bridge

12. Rameka Poihipi

13. Seta Tamanivalu

14. Manasa Mataele

15. Israel Dagg (VC)

16. Brodie McAlister*

17. Donald Brighouse

18. Chris King

19. Hamish Dalzell

20. Hugh Renton*

21. Bryn Hall

22. Mike Delany

23. Sam Beard

24. Tima Faingaanuku

25. Caleb Makene

* denotes BNZ Crusaders debut

The BNZ Crusaders have a bye next week, and will resume their Investec Super Rugby campaign against the Highlanders on Friday 6 July. To purchase tickets, click here.

Tickets for all of the BNZ Crusaders 2018 Investec Super Rugby games are available via www.ticketdirect.co.nz, or at one of Ticket Direct's official outlets. Please avoid purchasing tickets through resale sites such as Viagogo, as these tickets won't be accepted at AMI Stadium.

https://crusaders.co.nz/news/1243-bn...-western-force

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    . I know I’ve got friends completely ignorant of rugby (AFL-ites) who are coming along!

You have friends who are referees?

vCash
    Happy solstice, one and all

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Western Force to blood four debutants against Crusaders

Nick TaylorThe West Australian
    Wednesday, 20 June 2018 4:03PM

Four players debut for the Western Force in tomorrow night’s tough World Series Rugby clash against reigning Super Rugby champions Crusaders at nib Stadium.

The match will be the fledgling Force’s toughest test of the series against the eight times premiers who have brought a squad with almost 700 Super appearances and four All Blacks.

Former All Blacks second rower Jeremy Thrush, Fijian Olympic 7s gold medal winner Masivesi Dakuwaqa, former All Blacks under-20 flanker Henry Stowers and prop Cameron Orr will all debut.

Orr will play in the same side as brother Harrison for the first time since high school in Sydney.

Brad Lacey, cleared after suffering a head knock in the loss to the Melbourne Rebels, moves from the wing to outside centre and winger Rod Davies switches to the left flank.

Defence coach Jaque Fourie said Thrush’s experience would be invaluable and Lacey and Dakuwaqa will face big challenges..

“Jeremy will make a very big difference. He’s played the Crusaders quite a few times and guys around him will draw from his experience and energy,” Fourie said.

“The Crusaders test you a lot at outside centre and they kick a lot.

“When they kick they put sides under pressure, they kick with a cause, but Masi (Dakuwaqa) is dominant in the air.

“He’s a really big man and will want to get the ball in his hands early in the game.

“It’s not a fluke that the Crusaders have been the most successful Super Rugby side.

“They are very patient on attack and will keep the ball for a lot of phases. Our defence needs to be spot on. You need to be physical with them in the first 20-30 minutes, be in their faces, shut down their space.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88872774z

vCash
    WSR WF team against Crusaders ex West Australian:

1. Harrison Lloyd
    2. Heath Tessmann
    3. Chris Heiberg
    4. Fergus Lee-Warner
    5. Jeremy Thrush *
    6. Henry Stowers *
    7. Chris Alcock
    8. Brynard Stander
    9. Ian Prior (c)
    10. Andrew Deegan
    11. Rod Davies
    12. AJ Alatimu
    13. Brad Lacey
    14. Masivesi Dakuwaga *
    15. Peter Grant
    RESERVES
    16. Feleti Kaitu’u
    17. Cameron Orr *
    18. Tom Sheminant
    19. Leon Power
    20. Johan Bardoul
    21. Tevin Ferris
    22. Harrison Orr
    23. Isaak Fines-Leieiwasa
    24. Henry Taefu
    25. Clay Uyen

* First game with WF.

Some new faces plus good strength off the bench.
    Should be a top game of rugby.

Last edited by andrewg; 21-06-18 at 10:48.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast