Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So have you thought about where your allegiances lie?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    ... One thing that I did get out of the game is that I no longer consider those guys as "our" players. Seeing them in Rebels gear and the way some of them acted has made me realise they are players in a different team.If they want to come back at some stage all well and good but I'm not missing them now
    Ditto.

I like the player code from English football (soccer) where you show respect to your previous team/fans eg, when you score against them you don't celebrate. Dickie and Billy should take a leaf from that book.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just thinking about Matt Hodgson heading off to be the main team official and coach for the Mauritius World 10s next weekend.
    The Western Force won this competition in 2016.

The Perth Spirit were the NRC Champions in 2016.

The Western Force were the No 2 Aussie franchise in Super Rugby in 2017.

The Western Force were axed from Super Rugby in August 2017.

It should be no surprise to anybody that my allegiances are firmly with the Western Force and World Series Rugby.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I was born in Perth. Western Australia March 1970.

In May 1990 I joined the Royal Australian Air Force. For the next 10 weeks I lived in South Australia.

after recruits training - Wagga Wagga.

16 October 1990 I moved to Katherine in the Northern Territory.

Where I discovered a love for Rugby

in December 1995 I transferred to Glenbrook NSW and in June 1997 I transferred back to Katherine NT.

November 1999 I transferred to Richmond NSW.

December 2001 my daughter was born.

In June 2002 I left the Air Force.

I still live in Richmond NSW. I think I now have lived in NSW longer than I have in WA.

BUT - I am still West Australian. Birth Certificate available upon request.

I am still a Rugby fan.

I will continue to support the Wallabies - I will not let the actions of a small group of individuals change that.

I will continue to support the Western Force.

and I am not sorry to say this, but I will continue to question the actions of Rugby fans when the action makes no sense.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I was born in Perth. Western Australia March 1970.

In May 1990 I joined the Royal Australian Air Force. For the next 10 weeks I lived in South Australia.

after recruits training - Wagga Wagga.

16 October 1990 I moved to Katherine in the Northern Territory.

Where I discovered a love for Rugby

in December 1995 I transferred to Glenbrook NSW and in June 1997 I transferred back to Katherine NT.

November 1999 I transferred to Richmond NSW.

December 2001 my daughter was born.

In June 2002 I left the Air Force.

I still live in Richmond NSW. I think I now have lived in NSW longer than I have in WA.

BUT - I am still West Australian. Birth Certificate available upon request.

I am still a Rugby fan.

I will continue to support the Wallabies - I will not let the actions of a small group of individuals change that.

I will continue to support the Western Force.

and I am not sorry to say this, but I will continue to question the actions of Rugby fans when the action makes no sense.

Ex. Serious question....

Do you think you would feel differenly about it all if you still lived over here?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Ex. Serious question....

Do you think you would feel differenly about it all if you still lived over here?
    I ask myself the same question. Often

I dont know the answer.

Its possible that if I never left WA wouldnt know anything about Rugby.

For what its worth I have never stopped fighting for the Western Force.

I did - I think - the first and possibly the most successful online petition demanding the survival of the Western Force.

I wrote 3 articles on Green and Gold Rugby about the Western Force. One was "reprinted" in the West Australian.

I stopped hating a while ago because I had to. I have in the past suffered from Depression. If I let myself continue to hate I would go back down my own private hell hole. I cant do that.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I ask myself the same question. Often

I dont know the answer.

Its possible that if I never left WA wouldnt know anything about Rugby.

For what its worth I have never stopped fighting for the Western Force.

I did - I think - the first and possibly the most successful online petition demanding the survival of the Western Force.

I wrote 3 articles on Green and Gold Rugby about the Western Force. One was "reprinted" in the West Australian.

I stopped hating a while ago because I had to. I have in the past suffered from Depression. If I let myself continue to hate I would go back down my own private hell hole. I cant do that.

Yeah I'm well aware of your input Ex. I've never doubted your loyalty. Keep fighting your fight mate.

Personally. This was the first time I'd ever been involved in such an unjust a morally indefensible fight on such a scale in my life.

Admittedly, I've really struggled with it. I just can't get past those lying fuckers doing what they did.

I've always loved my rugby over other codes for its core values, the mutual respect for fellow supporters, opposition, officials etc. I never thought I would voluntarily turn the TV over when there was a game on... no matter who was playing.

They've made me question my alleigance & love for this great sport through their actions. I honesly never felt anything could or would do that.

That's the part that hurt me the most

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Clyne and his band of merry morons are on my permanent shit list and if I ever spot one of them on the street I will punch them in the mouth.

John Eales deserves a special place in hell. He was, along with Peter Brock, my Sporting hero, what he did gutted me.

The Melbourne Rebels board - I dont hold them responsible. They were doing what they had to do to survive. Sure they lied to the Senate Committee. Thats up to the Senate to hold them accountable.

I cant see any relationship between the actions of 8-10 people is enough for me to stop watching the Wallabies. I will if the opportunity arises go and watch them, including the Bledisloe. Live.

This years first Test match against Ireland is Brisbane was a cracker - and if you didnt watch it, you should. Its the best match the Wallabies have had since that World Cup match against Wales when they had 2 men in the sinbin.

I love the Western Force and I love TWF. TWF has been my online home for almost 13 years. You all are my friends some of you are like family. Some of you drive me crazy.

I will be in Perth next year for the first home game of the Force. Thats a promise.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Ditto.

I like the player code from English football (soccer) where you show respect to your previous team/fans eg, when you score against them you don't celebrate. Dickie and Billy should take a leaf from that book.
    Don't call him Dickie, his new nickname is Dick until he proves himself not to be

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I was in Sydney last week for a wee bit of R and R. Caught up with an ex Wallaby captain, played golf with some tragics from the 70's.

The one aspect we all agreed upon is how the Rugby Administrators have trashed the reputation and history of the Wallabies. How John Eales is and was called "jellybean" and has crossed to the "dark side". The underlying thing is that Wallabies of the past are absolutely livid that the culture, brand and history of the team is now dirt. They too now boycott Wallaby matches in protest against the RA, but to support an opposing team - they can't bring themselves to do that just yet.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I always ask myself 'What would Earl do?'

vCash
    Earl wouldn't care much, unless he's got no money left. This Earl, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Earl wouldn't care much, unless he's got no money left. This Earl, right?
    As in 'My name is Earl'. I'm talking about his post Karma days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3