Thread: Humble Henjack

vCash

Thumbs up Humble Henjack

Did anyone catch last nights abc news... They had an interview on with Matt regarding him playing for Cottesloe, and his thoughts on making the Wallabies under Connelly...It was a very good interview, and showed Matt as a maturing individual, who is still aspiring for the big league, while paying his dues in the local competition....
    His commitment to the Force was also apparent....With his good mate Gitts, i reckon we are looking good for next year

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, I did - agree with you !

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ditto, I was impressed.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    anyone capture it - wasnt shown in Sydney - dont understand why

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    "Humble" Henjack be buggered. No one on the sidelines during last week's Palmyra v Cottesloe game would have called him humble. His incessant whining and complaining to the referee was embarassing to both Pally and Cott supporters. At one stage there was a chorus of shouts from the sideline for him to shut up and get on with the game.
    He appeared to be more of a spoiled over opinionated brat than anything approaching the standards of a Force, let alone Wallaby, halfback.

vCash
    Opinion duly noted fulvio, but i based this thread on last nights news report, not on first hand experience. I may well be way off the mark in fact, but i can`t get to games to make that call.That said, i believe your assessment of his incessant whinging, but then, have you seen george gregan(his role model) doing the same thing....It`s almost like anyone playing half needs to be able to annoy the ref...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    When you put it that way...
    Up to the other day I rated the man highly too. I didn't see the interview. I suppose it was just the arrogance of the player I saw and heard and then the apparent hippocracy of his demeanour as described in your and other posts.
    He didn't play badly, but his attitude certainly detracted from his performance .
    I suppose if I were in a major arena looking at the spectacle I would come to a different conclusion.
    Cheers

Apprentice
    vCash
    and given the standard of refereeing in WA and the massive inconcsistency that is displayed..... who can blame him.

This may seem overly harsh as there are some good refs here but over policing of almost evey facet of the game by some refs has destroyed many a good game in Perth.

I know you can look at the levels of the players and take all things into account blah blah blah, but I believe some of the refereeing here is a real issue. Not only should we be developing elite players but this also needs to apply to the whistleblowers.....

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warney
    and given the standard of refereeing in WA and the massive inconcsistency that is displayed..... who can blame him.

This may seem overly harsh as there are some good refs here but over policing of almost evey facet of the game by some refs has destroyed many a good game in Perth.

I know you can look at the levels of the players and take all things into account blah blah blah, but I believe some of the refereeing here is a real issue. Not only should we be developing elite players but this also needs to apply to the whistleblowers.....
    having never had the oppertunity to attend a local game in WA I will stay right out of refereeing debate. But if I may beg your indulgence let me tell you a story of a local comptetition whos only referee was a registered Rugby League referee who would stop the game to get advice from our teams captain who was a registered Rugby Union Referee to get a ruling on what happened. Sure it was a 4 team competition in a town of 11000, sometimes you need to be thankful for what you have.

Warney, a very well written and insightful post. Nice Work

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Not only should we be developing elite players but this also needs to apply to the whistleblowers.....
    Totally agree with that warney, regardless of the current standard.
    We cannot expect to be taken seriously in the Rugby world if our players aren't being officiated at a high standard.
    Certainly not bagging those who are generously having a go however we are apparently short on depth and experience in WA.
    Be interested to hear from our resident Refs of initiatives being taken or plans being developed to enhance this vital aspect of our State game?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Humble.. The only time I've seen him humbled is when Gareth Hardy kept beating him to the breakdown to recycle the ball...

vCash
    Arrogant, mouthy, gobby, whining? That's because he's scrum-half & why us back-rowers loved to belt them into the ground (ah, the good old days!!!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Humble.. The only time I've seen him humbled is when Gareth Hardy kept beating him to the breakdown to recycle the ball...
    At least Gareth Hardy provides good service and doesnt cram crossfield...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

Talking

In the words of meatloaf"you took the words right out of my mouth"