Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Alan and yourself failed to mention that Rorke is the son of former Gordon President and ARU board member Hayden Rorke. He specifically named Rorke and Frost as they are sons of high up ARU officials.
    Actually he's his nephew. But that's not the point - it's that this is and has been a common pathway; kids playing Rugby on Saturday and League on Sunday has been happening forever. But you and Jones are on the mark as to why the retention rate worse than ever. You don't even have to look East to see it......Curtis Rona, Waqa Blake, Chance Peni. Had the Future Force been around the Perth Reds might never have gotten their signatures in the first place.

This is Fox's take on why Sticky was able to get Rorke's signature.........

foxsports.com.au understands Rorke has decided to join Ricky Stuart — himself a former Australia Schoolboys rugby player — at the Raiders and is being viewed as a backrower with strong ballcarrying and offloading ability.

Rorke met with both Brumbies and Raiders officials, but ultimately settled on the NRL club, believing it would better set up his chance of a professional career.

Australia’s miserable Super Rugby season in 2017 — in which no club beat a New Zealand team and the Force were messily culled — is believed to have contributed to Rorke’s departure.

As long as that mob of gravy train bludgers are in charge at Moore Park, the volunteers in clubland are fighting a losing battle and I'm more than a little worried that the point of no return is pretty close at hand.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peter rabbit View Post
    Michael Who?

Oh the guy who created the divide between WF and community rugby? That guy?
    I suggest that there's 2 sides to that story.
    What seems to be forgotten is that:
    +Michael Foley was the coach of the professional team.
    +Mark Sinderberry as CEO was responsible for the interface with Club Rugby.

Michael Foley is still involved with Club Rugby in Perth.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Im afraid that point of no return is closer than at hand...it's already been passed.

Unless the board goes, and the NATIONAL organisation regovernanced with equal representation from all unions rather than dominated by two, the professional game will fold and take the amateur game with it as rugby schools realign to soccer and footy. And that's never going to happen, so voila! the point of no return is already here.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Which begs the question, why didn't the board of Rugby Australia headhunt a CEO from the AFL instead of recruiting a former failed rugby league CEO who knows nothing about the game?

If our game is to survive, we don’t have to look very far to learn how to grow the game. Have a look at what the AFL is doing.
    Exactly the problem soccer used to have; 'til they realised that some of the best sports admins in the world were not in soccer in Australia, nor soccer abroad, nor businessman with an interest in soccer; they were right here under their noses- heading up the other, more successful Aussie sports.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I suggest that there's 2 sides to that story.
    What seems to be forgotten is that:
    +Michael Foley was the coach of the professional team.
    +Mark Sinderberry as CEO was responsible for the interface with Club Rugby.

Michael Foley is still involved with Club Rugby in Perth.
    Aahh got it! And having Foley back in to WA rugby is the best news yet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Aahh got it! And having Foley back in to WA rugby is the best news yet!
    OK, just sayin' we need a not sarcastic emoji so I can figure out whether this post is serious or you just forgot to indicate sarcasm

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK, just sayin' we need a not sarcastic emoji so I can figure out whether this post is serious or you just forgot to indicate sarcasm
    No, not being sarcastic, it’s pretty bad to lose someone like Michael Foley fromWA rugby. Foley copped a lot of flack over his tenure, and from what I’ve heard, was largely unwarranted. He was invited to Wanneroo rugby with Sea of Blue a few weeks ago, & happily presented jerseys to the players. He was actually surprised that people there were happy to see him, and a true gent he his, so the more he’s involved back in our rugby the better!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The guy was not hired as coach, but director of rugby or somesuch, with a remit to rebuild structures after the implosion of Mitchell and debacle of brain-dead dick. Lowest ebb, Force unable to get coach, he stepped up. Also bought in good assistants. Sure he reverted to type with kicking it away, but we also got the most successful season. And NRC title. So a real conundrum. As to relations with clubs, I have no idea what transpired.

He got shafted by Tahrds and ARU, so he can't be all bad. Whenever I heard him I thought he was erudite, and sounded like a good bloke, someone I'd want to have a coffee and chat

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    The guy was not hired as coach, but director of rugby or somesuch, with a remit to rebuild structures after the implosion of Mitchell and debacle of brain-dead dick. Lowest ebb, Force unable to get coach, he stepped up. Also bought in good assistants. Sure he reverted to type with kicking it away, but we also got the most successful season. And NRC title. So a real conundrum. As to relations with clubs, I have no idea what transpired.

He got shafted by Tahrds and ARU, so he can't be all bad. Whenever I heard him I thought he was erudite, and sounded like a good bloke, someone I'd want to have a coffee and chat
    We got to meet Foley in a hotel bar in Bloemfontein during the SA tour in 2014. He was indeed erudite, and polite enough to listen to the opinions of a dozen or so travelling fans who'd had a drink or three. IIRC, he spent a lot of time with the young son of some of the fans on his lap, as the kid was fascinated by his beard!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

Spot on. Director of Rugby was his original role and I still think he did wonders for the club culture and bringing in and up local players, as well as personally engaging fans. Yes there was some not great moments as a coach but I don’t think that was his strength, managing a team and development plan I.e management , was.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I liked Foley. He loved Wa enough to stay.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Foley has been the only Force Coach to directly request to attend out TWF Player of the Year Awards at so that he can mix it with the fans and say a few words

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Something useful from AJ

Megan Elliott is an inspirational woman making a huge difference in the lives of disabled children.

In 2014, she developed the Modified Rugby Program (MRP) with her husband Anthony and their foundation, the GingerCloud Foundation

https://www.2gb.com/inspirational-ru...bled-children/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    I liked Foley. He loved Wa enough to stay.
    What's he doing for a crust these days?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I see the RA has found more 'money' for a six figure salary. They have just announced a Chief Commercial Officer.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast