Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Brumbies warned members the Super Rugby club could fold if crowds continue to fall

Apprentice
    vCash
    Between the lines I read: "You Brumbies fellas aren't going to make the finals and you Tahs fellas will make the finals, so we need to rest you Brumbies guys for the Test match and stuff youse Brumbies if your club folds, but the magnificent Tahs will have all players available to defeat the Reds because we need the points to keep those snotty nosed Rebels out of the Finals lists"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Far too many syllables joey

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Looks like the Brumbies are the next targets in the firing line for cutting a team down to 3 seeing as the RA have run out of money again & scraping to get enough money for the Board members bonuses. The writing’s on the wall Brumbies- Clyne’s zooming in on you lot now, good luck with that but no sympathy I’m afraid!

vCash
    Its absolutely tragic to see and its obvious the RA have the brumbies in their line of sight. Seriously though Pocock has barely played a game all year(or even in the last few years ) so he should easily cope with a game against one of the least physical sides, the Sunwolves from Japan ffs.

It would be a tragedy to see them get eaten alive by their own governing body but it appears to be happening. The Brumbies are already in crisis, their fans have abondoned them and Super Rugby, and the only thing the RA cares about is keeping from the fans the only players they turn out to see. They can always join WSR, I am sure Andrew Forrest would be accomodating given how significant the Brumbies brand is to Australian Rugby, too bad the RA just dont see this.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    They can always join WSR, I am sure Andrew Forrest would be accomodating given how significant the Brumbies brand is to Australian Rugby
    Wouldn't it be funny if there was only one team left in Australian rugby? That is unless the Brumbies would like to join WSR as well. In which case there would only be two teams left in Australian rugby.

vCash
    Don't worry the Sydney mob have been gunning for the Brumbies since 1996. With ASIC, the Federal Government and the ASC involved we won't see any more teams cut.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if there was only one team left in Australian rugby? That is unless the Brumbies would like to join WSR as well. In which case there would only be two teams left in Australian rugby.
    What really surprises me is despite the systematic destructuon of Australian Rugby the former players and current administrators and stakeholders sit idly by and literally do nothing about it. They are just letting Clyne and his cronies get away with everything. No one is prepared to stand up and yet all the fans are screaming for someone to step up and just end this miserable state of affairs by sacking Clyne and the Board, tearing the house down. The EGM meetings are a joke. The whole governing body is an embarassment. I really cannot believe how gutless all these people are by letting the game destroy itself. Can't someone stop the rot. Everyone associated with the top tier of the game needs to be flushed out, there needs to be a reset.

But I doubt anything will happen, The RA/ARU have a habit of killing themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Don't worry the Sydney mob have been gunning for the Brumbies since 1996. With ASIC, the Federal Government and the ASC involved we won't see any more teams cut.
    I know you're a Brumbies man but you're naive to think anyone in power will stick their neck out for the Brumbies, they still haven't been cleared by the Federal Police have they?

vCash
    Spartan, if somebody could get onto the board it might help.

The AGM has a voting structure which gives 3 votes to Sydney (who are we kidding, it's not NSW) two votes to qld and one vote to everyone else. Lus one vote for each Sr team and one for rupa. The more Sr teams they can kill Outside Sydney, the more powerful thy become with 4 votes in Sydney.

If they can get the act registered player numbers low enough they could steal another vote, by throwing them in with tassie and nt.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    On the bright side, if pocock signs with the tahs, we might see the back of the overpaid ballerina who currently plays 7 for the wallabies.

That in itself would be enough to convince me to watch a match.

On tv

Free to air

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I know you're a Brumbies man but you're naive to think anyone in power will stick their neck out for the Brumbies, they still haven't been cleared by the Federal Police have they?
    The Brumbies as it is pay stadium rent to the ASC who own Bruce Stadium. They will lose money if the Brumbies move out. The Senate Inquiry included a recommendation that focused on governance and national footprint. Like the Force the Brumbies go so will the state union. There are more politicians than you think that are tied to the Brumbies.

The Feds have passed the land deal investigation on to ASIC which has more to do with the ACT Town Council as they have made their living out of dodgy land deals. All land in the ACT that isn't owned by the Feds is leasehold so it was useless to the Brumbies (couldn't build out or up as the property was too small) so the town council benefits more from the deal. They have already got their developer mates to put up million dollar apartments on the land.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Between the lines I read: "You Brumbies fellas aren't going to make the finals and you Tahs fellas will make the finals, so we need to rest you Brumbies guys for the Test match and stuff youse Brumbies if your club folds, but the magnificent Tahs will have all players available to defeat the Reds because we need the points to keep those snotty nosed Rebels out of the Finals lists"
    There's no need to read between the lines... Cheika just came out and said it!
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-3...?section=sport

vCash
    This is gonna get interesting. Brumbies don't want to be pushed around (understandable) and we'll see what happens since Clown Cheika always gets whatever he demands from RA. "You're not in finals contention anyway".... is a pretty inflammatory statement-that should get plenty of backs up. Popcorn time. Ah RA - another week, another train wreck.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    This is gonna get interesting. Brumbies don't want to be pushed around (understandable) and we'll see what happens since Clown Cheika always gets whatever he demands from RA. "You're not in finals contention anyway".... is a pretty inflammatory statement-that should get plenty of backs up. Popcorn time. Ah RA - another week, another train wreck.
    Damn farking straight. About time someone outside of WA had the balls to stand up to the RA. Well done Dan McKellar and Michael Thomson. The latest news is that all three players will be selected for the Sunwolves match.

Val don't forget this is the same clown College that scheduled a Super Rugby match for the Force three days prior to their match against the Lions. Another Aussie side had a bye I think it was the Reds. They knew 12 months prior to the release of the Super Rugby draw the Lions fixtures. Foley picked a weak side against the Lions and conceded 60 points. Felt sorry for Foley and the players this one is for you.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Genia is being rested by Rebels.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast