Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "It's Over ...'

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If the tahs manage another win before the end of the season, they'll be talking up a world cup win!
    It's happening already, they're title contenders for sure...
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/super-ru...rown-wide-open

Speaking of money it looks like the NRL are bringing up the salary caps at the Bulldogs again. I had hope that Raelene Castle would be a breath of fresh air, but after reading this again I began to wonder whether I'm still that sure. Actions like this ultimately take the focus away from what you should be doing (being the best at your sport), the only thing it really ends up achieving is damage on a wider scale. It's the same sort of commercial trickery the ARU have put so much effort into, and it's having the same result.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl...21-p4zgm3.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fffft....2018 is the new 2014

Tahs for the flag, and Wallies will bring back Bill

I'm on the bandwagon, the curse is lifted. Sacrificial goat did the trick. Kiwis are now on the slippery slope of mediocrity, Poms imploding under Eddie as predicted, Boks rife with political and social turmoil, Wales our bunnies, Ireland will pop the bubble in June. The only threat is Scotland.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    The only threat is Scotland.
    Good one.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Fffft....2018 is the new 2014

Tahs for the flag, and Wallies will bring back Bill

I'm on the bandwagon, the curse is lifted. Sacrificial goat did the trick. Kiwis are now on the slippery slope of mediocrity, Poms imploding under Eddie as predicted, Boks rife with political and social turmoil, Wales our bunnies, Ireland will pop the bubble in June. The only threat is Scotland.
    Ah yes, 2014. Where after the Waratahs carried all before them in Super Rugby, the Wallabies won the Bledisloe and Rugby Championship with a squad which included 15 Waratahs. Only we lost the Bledisloe 0-1-2 (a draw in Sydney) and gave the Argies their first ever RC match win.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Here you go, band wagon train is on motion.....all aboard toot toot
    Bernard Foley sets target for Waratahs’ Super Rugby title win

http://flip.it/24cpTF

Player
    vCash
    Here you go, band wagon train is on motion.....all aboard toot toot
    ... if only all the New Zealand teams played with 14 players....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    ... if only all the New Zealand teams played with 14 players....
    Or all refs were as one-armed as Pickerill! Calling back the Highlander's first try for a forward pass was borderline in the extreme; I didn't see a TV angle which showed a definitive forward movement, so the on-field decision of try should have stood.

What Nabura did was a red card, because he connected with Clark's face. But when you watch the replay, Nabura's leg was all but completely extended before it connected with Clark, so there wasn't much force left in the kick at all. Unless it was a mis-timed karate kick, I think Nabura intended fend off an approaching player with the only means he had available. Clark was actually approaching Nabura, not slowing down, and going to contact Nabura whilst Nabura was in the air. Tackling a player whilst they are in the air is dangerous play and can be a yellow card itself.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Not sure I agree with you Sheikh. Clark had slowed down to almost stopping, hence Nabura's kick was light on. Both Clark's feet almost aligned and he was ready to nail Nabura as soon as he landed. Had Clark been at full pelt or close to it, Nabura's kick would have broken skin on Clark's face.

Nabura's leg was aimed at Clark's face, in fact if you slow down replay frame by frame, Nabura actually lifts his leg towards Clark's face, from a position where it was initially coming down.

vCash
    And players have been coached for years to get a leg or knee forward when jumping for the high ball to fend off the tackler.

I haven't seen the incident, only a still from the SMH (more than likely deliberately chosen to make the incident look as bad as it possibly can) therefore won't comment on whether it was valid to issue a red card, I will, however comment on how the Sydney media are getting as bad as the Kiwis for covering up the offences of Aussie players while making the absolute most of anything from the opposition.

We used to be a nation that played the game clean and accepted when our players crossed the line, yet another tradition that has made its way into the toilet under the current administration.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I watched the game and it was bad....definitely a red card.

vCash
    Yup, you could see how he looked up mid leap after catching the ball, saw Clarke, and deliberately changed his leg movement to deliver a boot to the chops

vCash
    Yup, you could see how he looked up mid leap after catching the ball, saw Clarke, and deliberately changed his leg movement to deliver a boot to the chops
    I wouldnt say a boot to the chops. It was more like an extended leg which the player walked into.. the whole incident was very tame and looked alot worse than it was. Still red card material. Would assume a week or maybe two on the sidelines if he is unlucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I wouldnt say a boot to the chops. It was more like an extended leg which the player walked into.. the whole incident was very tame and looked alot worse than it was. Still red card material. Would assume a week or maybe two on the sidelines if he is unlucky.
    You're going too far here, that's like someone saying 'honest I didn't stab him, he walked into my knife!'

The fella looked at him, then kicked him. It's pretty clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    You're going too far here, that's like someone saying 'honest I didn't stab him, he walked into my knife!'

The fella looked at him, then kicked him. It's pretty clear.
    You make it sound barbaric. The guy put his foot out studs facing the man, held his foot their a split second and the guy walked into them, litterally. The offending player was trying to make a statement to the other player not to play him in the air and had a brain meltdown, it happens, but he certainly didn't kick him in the chops to that extent..

I like uour knife analogy because it literally was that, he basically walked into the boot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    You make it sound barbaric. The guy put his foot out studs facing the man, held his foot their a split second and the guy walked into them, litterally. The offending player was trying to make a statement to the other player not to play him in the air and had a brain meltdown, it happens, but he certainly didn't kick him in the chops to that extent..

I like uour knife analogy because it literally was that, he basically walked into the boot.
    He had his eyes facing Clark than stuck his boot out when he was within reach. Should get six weeks plus.

Spartan I just put this up on the Roar.

'Settlement my hole Cameron. They weren't going to cut the Rabble it was already decided that a board meeting in October 2016 that was the case. Collosal waste of time and money.

As I said as you knew that you weren't going to cut the bottom feeding Rebels so why did you pay off Rebels directors that were then reapponted to the VRU/MRRU board?

The grassroots are waiting for their money back and an explanation so next time you see your mates in Melbourne there is a bill waiting to be paid asap.'

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/05/22/streamlining-key-australian-rugbys-salvation

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast