Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Waratahs v Sunwolves 2018 Attendance 18,059 (Tahs 77-25 Sunwolves)

Did somebody put a "1" in the wrong place or was there a direct flight from Narabeen to Allianz??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

Did somebody put a "1" in the wrong place or was there a direct flight from Narabeen to Allianz??
    Has anybody seen the game? the Reds match looked like about 2,000 until I noticed that the crowd appeared to be mainly behind the cameras.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Has anybody seen the game? the Reds match looked like about 2,000 until I noticed that the crowd appeared to be mainly behind the cameras.
    Suncorp, like most grounds round the world, as the main stand on the west side. This prevents the spectators and cameras from getting glare from the sun during evening matches. So most grounds look more empty than they are. NIB is rare in that the west stand is small, crap, but heritage listed, so the 'main' stand, from a spectator's point of view is the east stand. The cameras are still in the west stand, though and this makes us look fuller than other grounds for a similar %-capacity attendance.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

Was pretty good game - until the Red Card.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Was pretty good game - until the Red Card.
    So are they saying it was the biggest super rugby crowd in Australia this year?
    Naaa that crowd was tiny.it was Lucky to have topped 10k. Looks like the ARU marketing campaign is at it again.

Just to put it in perspective 18k is almost half of Allianz and it looked about 1/5th full. Noone in any top stand.

Prospect
    vCash
    Has anyone got any more recent (i.e. updated) attendance figures for the Super Rugby games in Australia? I'm sure the Rebels and Brumbies attendances are all way below 10,000 for the June-July period.... Pathetic!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahL View Post
    Has anyone got any more recent (i.e. updated) attendance figures for the Super Rugby games in Australia? I'm sure the Rebels and Brumbies attendances are all way below 10,000 for the June-July period.... Pathetic!
    Front page all that is available

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Here are some shots of the Waratah crowd against the sunwolves that the RA claim surpassed 16,000 people in attendance.

There were media reports most tickets were given away free but looking at the images it is doubtful that the crowd was anywhere near what they reported. There would be lucky to be 10k there best case.

vCash
    According to this link
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...161489880a1174

11,057 spectators turned up to watch the ref ruin the game between the Reds and Sunwolves. Another shithouse attendance for the susposedly rugby heartland. Lol!

vCash
    Nah, that actually looks like a pretty good crowd in NSW. Not good enough for the premier region in Australia but still ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Nah, that actually looks like a pretty good crowd in NSW. Not good enough for the premier region in Australia but still ok.
    Yeah like 3 people turned up for every 100,000 people living there. Top effort from the New South Welshmen.

vCash
    Crowd reported as 11,678 here:
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88896807z

Not bad given it was probably the worst conditions I have ever been in for a rugby match ever. That includes both playing in and watching in. Considering it was basically impossible to see anything if you were trapped out in the rain and not privvy to a nice spot under shelter beneath a roof or stand.

Not bad Sea of Blue, in even the worst conditions imaginable you still turned out in numbers eclipsing the Queensland red crowd attendance in Brisbane. Queensland being a so called "Rugby heartland"

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

Not bad given it was probably the worst conditions I have ever been in for a rugby match ever. That includes both playing in and watching in. Considering it was basically impossible to see anything if you were trapped out in the rain and not privvy to a nice spot under shelter beneath a roof or stand.

Not bad Sea of Blue, in even the worst conditions imaginable you still turned out in numbers eclipsing the Queensland red crowd attendance in Brisbane. Queensland being a so called "Rugby heartland"
    Yep it was worse than the time we were at "the House of Pain" in NZ and the wind knocked down one of the goal posts! At least that day it wasn't raining. Last night we were under the stand but the rain kept swirling in and then the rain dripped on us from the stand roof! Anyway well done to those who turned up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

...Considering it was basically impossible to see anything if you were trapped out in the rain and not privvy to a nice spot under shelter beneath a roof or stand.
    Those in the rain were largely there through choice. There were dozens or maybe hundreds of empty seats in the dry areas of the grandstand, the MC kept advising people that they could move seats if they wanted to, very few did. Mind you, even row HH at the very back got a few drops when the big gusts blew. At least the forecast hail didn't appear.

The view from HH was surprisingly good, you could really see the angles the players were running.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydemon View Post
    Those in the rain were largely there through choice. There were dozens or maybe hundreds of empty seats in the dry areas of the grandstand, the MC kept advising people that they could move seats if they wanted to, very few did. Mind you, even row HH at the very back got a few drops when the big gusts blew. At least the forecast hail didn't appear.

The view from HH was surprisingly good, you could really see the angles the players were running.
    Yeah we were sitting in GG and there were a few seats beh8nd us in HH that didnt get taken up the whole game. A guy next to next to us turned up by himself despite having a family pass, his family didnt want to come because of the weather. He lasted till half time and left due to the cold, not particularly the rain, I think alot of people underestimated the wind chill when it came through .. quite a few couldnt take it. Our kids were pretty much stripped down to Tshirts jumping up and down screaming etc which was hillarious given the conditions.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast