Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    If I generously allocate 9,000 to each of the 5 games which the Waratahs have failed to announce attendance then the average attendances to games so far in 2018 as follows:

Western Force: 15,900 (Perth Population - 2 Million.)
    QLD Reds: 12,600 (Brisbane Pop - 2 Million)
    NSW Waratahs: 10,000 (Sydney Pop: 5 Million)
    Melb Rebels: 9,900 (Melb Pop: 4.8 Million
    ACT Brumbies: 8,500 (ACT Pop: 0.4 Million)

Hope we continue to get good turn-outs for the last 3 games.
    Also remember the Force games were shown live in Perth on Channel 7 and on Fox. So anybody who was scared of getting a bit wet, could watch it for free.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hi Chibi,

No, nothing yet on the NRC. Will let you know as soon as details are released.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Alison, any news on the Western Force's NRC fixtures and how they'll be handled? Same sort of promotion and a price on the tickets instead of free entry? Or just like last year?
    TBH, I'd pay for entry to the NRC matches, as long as the money goes to RugbyWA or the clubs.

I think ~$5-10 is fair for MacGillivray or a similar ground. If they decide to hold matches at a proper stadium (eg, if Andrew Forrest buys NIB!) then $10 for GA or $20 for a seat would be OK.
    Last year's food trucks were OK, but I'd invite the various clubs to have food stalls. Then you'd have competition between the clubs to see who does the best sausage sizzle, or they should diversify, so eg, Joondalup does boerewors, or someone does a couple of soups, or one club decides to just do ice cream.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    TBH, I'd pay for entry to the NRC matches, as long as the money goes to RugbyWA or the clubs.

I think ~$5-10 is fair for MacGillivray or a similar ground. If they decide to hold matches at a proper stadium (eg, if Andrew Forrest buys NIB!) then $10 for GA or $20 for a seat would be OK.
    Last year's food trucks were OK, but I'd invite the various clubs to have food stalls. Then you'd have competition between the clubs to see who does the best sausage sizzle, or they should diversify, so eg, Joondalup does boerewors, or someone does a couple of soups, or one club decides to just do ice cream.
    I seem to remember Wanneroo did a great cake stall for the WF ladies game!

vCash
    The WA problem with charging for the NRC is the cost of creating a secure ground and the hire of the ground.
    NIB is just too expensive.

The fence around MacGillivray worked while Pindan provided it as sponsorship - but it's expensive to maintain over the entire NRC season.
    Plus the cost of using McGillivray (which I understand has gone up {???})

I think McGillivray is the right venue as it has a great feeling when we can "fill the hill"

I'd rather have free admission - to encourage people to attend - and take up the option of clubs running the food outlets and and/or getting a cut of the bar takings.

At this stage it would appear that the NRC hasn't even got a sponsor.

The NRC just needs some level of organisation from Rugby Australia - initially to even confirm that it's on and get out a fixture - and then RugbyWA to arrange the local logistics.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    The WA problem with charging for the NRC is the cost of creating a secure ground and the hire of the ground.NIB is just too expensive.The fence around MacGillivray worked while Pindan provided it as sponsorship - but it's expensive to maintain over the entire NRC season.Plus the cost of using McGillivray (which I understand has gone up {???})I think McGillivray is the right venue as it has a great feeling when we can "fill the hill"I'd rather have free admission - to encourage people to attend - and take up the option of clubs running the food outlets and and/or getting a cut of the bar takings.At this stage it would appear that the NRC hasn't even got a sponsor.The NRC just needs some level of organisation from Rugby Australia - initially to even confirm that it's on and get out a fixture - and then RugbyWA to arrange the local logistics.
    Can’t believe this shit is still not sorted by now by RA. Absolutely fekkin useless. Maybe it’s time for us Sea of Blue to start a new social media blitz to apply pressure.

Player
    vCash
    If anyone is interested in going along to the Warratahs vs Sunwolves the tickets are now free to all Vodafone customers by typing in VODAFONE as the discount code on the Ticketek website.

"FREE RUGBY TICKETS. To say thanks for being with Vodafone, we've teamed up with the mighty NSW Waratahs to give you Super Rugby tickets to their game in Sydney on 7 July! Head to ticketek.com.au/waratahs and use the password 'VODAFONE' to grab up to 4 tickets. Be quick - available until tickets run out."

"NSW Waratahs v Sunwolves
    Sat 7 July
    Kick Off 7.40pm
    Allianz Stadium"

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...spx?sh=WARAG18

Prospect
    vCash
    Long time lurker. Huge WF fan based over east. Thanks to all on the site for updates. I’ve just signed up for four free tickets. Have no intention of going. Will be interesting to see if I’m included in the crowd numbers. Will also let Vodafone know why I took their tickets but why I’m not going (anti RA etc). There is only a limited release of tickets from Vodafone. Get in quick to get free tickets before they sell out 😂😂😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiRA View Post
    Long time lurker. Huge WF fan based over east. Thanks to all on the site for updates. I’ve just signed up for four free tickets. Have no intention of going. Will be interesting to see if I’m included in the crowd numbers. Will also let Vodafone know why I took their tickets but why I’m not going (anti RA etc). There is only a limited release of tickets from Vodafone. Get in quick to get free tickets before they sell out 😂😂😂
    Crowd figures won't be published unless they're over 10,000 so I think you're safe. Remember no Folau and no Hooper means they are a good chance of losing this game, Tahs fans like to watch a loss less than they like to drive to Western Sydney.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    If anyone is interested in going along to the Warratahs vs Sunwolves the tickets are now free to all Vodafone customers by typing in VODAFONE as the discount code on the Ticketek website.

"FREE RUGBY TICKETS. To say thanks for being with Vodafone, we've teamed up with the mighty NSW Waratahs to give you Super Rugby tickets to their game in Sydney on 7 July! Head to ticketek.com.au/waratahs and use the password 'VODAFONE' to grab up to 4 tickets. Be quick - available until tickets run out."

"NSW Waratahs v Sunwolves
    Sat 7 July
    Kick Off 7.40pm
    Allianz Stadium"

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...spx?sh=WARAG18
    I reckon they are predicting another crowd similar to the Waratahs vs Highlanders/Lions games.. what were they, like 5-6k attendance max?

I reckon they are staring down the barrel of another 4-6k crowd in the rugby heartland.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    'Tahs fans like to watch a loss less than they like to drive to Western Sydney.
    You may be a tad optimistic in assuming that the average Tahs supporter from the Lower North Shore, the Eastern Suburbs or the Inner West knows that there is any place west of Strathfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake News
    ...FREE RUGBY TICKETS. To say thanks for being with Vodafone, we've teamed up with the mighty NSW Waratahs to give you Super Rugby tickets to their game in Sydney on 7 July...
    obviously fake news haha

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If it wasn't 3 degrees at night at moment. I would go. Love Rugby, especially when its free.

Here is a crazy idea.

We get everyone we know to order 4 free tickets.

All of a sudden - Waratahs freak out - 1000+ extra people are coming. And no one shows up.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If it wasn't 3 degrees at night at moment. I would go. Love Rugby, especially when its free.

Here is a crazy idea.

We get everyone we know to order 4 free tickets.

All of a sudden - Waratahs freak out - 1000+ extra people are coming. And no one shows up.
    Exile, a few days you were having a go at some of us for not moving on and seeking conspiracies in everything etc.?

Dont worry, I loved your letters last years, pleading for survival of your beloved Force. Those coldhearted bastards ignored your letters and hundreds of others. So your ticket plan could be a cheeky little payback.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Exile, a few days you were having a go at some of us for not moving on and seeking conspiracies in everything etc.?
    And I have said repeatedly. I still dont like what has happened.

If the opportunity comes up - I will punch Cameron Clyne in the mouth.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast