Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Well respectfully, we can..............

Anyway, sorry for the rant, Ex.
    Thanks for the explanation. No need for the apology, here is my rant in return. Please Chibi don't think that this is aimed at you.

The main reason for my question is that You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans (please select and or deselect) which ever applies we need to stop hating everyone.

Just to make sure I have got this right and please correct me where I am wrong.

You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the ARU/RA
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Wallabies
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Waratahs
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Reds
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Brumbies
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Rebels
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the contributors to Green and Gold Rugby
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the contributors to The Roar
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Shute Shield
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the SANZAAR Board
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the South African Super Rugby Teams
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the New Zealand Super Rugby Teams
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Argentinian Super Rugby Team
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Japanese Super Rugby Team
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the East Coast Rugby fans

I am sure I have missed some. I apologise.

The point I am trying to make is this. When do we stop the hate?

You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate Exile when he speaks out on this stuff.

Yes the dismissal of the Western Force from Super Rugby was bad and upsetting. The way it happened was disgusting. And the people involved should have to answer for their crimes.

BUT - Did they do us a favor? Super Rugby is crap and what Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson are developing for us will quickly become the envy of the Rugby Playing world.

I want to let everyone in on some pretty obvious home truths that no one seems to have noticed.

Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson don't Hate ARU/RA - they are working with them......
    Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson don't Hate the Melbourne Rebels. They would have paid them to come here for last weekends match
    Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson don't Hate the Wallabies. They are creating World Series Rugby so that WA Rugby Juniors still have a pathway to the Wallabies

Very soon Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson will have conversations with ARU/RA and the Reds/Tahs/Brumbies/Rebels because they are going to want to be a part of World Series Rugby.

Very soon Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson will have conversations with NZRU and the Crusaders and the Highlanders and the Blues and the Hurricanes etc etc because they will want to be apart of World Series Rugby when Super Rugby Dies its natural death.

They wont say no - because they didn't try and support the Western Force in 2017. They will try and say yes because its a good Rugby decision and a good business decision.

Some one said to me in reply that they would not ever support the Wallabies again until the Western Force was back in Super Rugby.

WHY WOULD WE WANT TO GO BACK TO SUPER RUGBY?

For those of you who haven't watched Super Rugby this year - (Damn another one)

You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate FOXSPORTS

Super Rugby this year is crap. There is a really good reason why no one is attending Super Rugby this year - its shit.

Anyway - You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans need to stop hating everyone. Sooner rather than later. This angry chip on the shoulder is not attractive.

I love you all................let the hate begin...........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh, come on, Exile, give us a hug ...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    But Fulvio I love you most of all

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. No need for the apology, here is my rant in return. Please Chibi don't think that this is aimed at you.
    Nah no worries mate; my concerns, as pointed out, are to do with the development of the Force and the competition in the future.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    ...Just to make sure I have got this right and please correct me where I am wrong.....
    ok, you asked for it Ex

You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans loath the ARU/RA
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the Wallabies
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans contempt for the entitled Waratahs
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the Reds
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the Brumbies
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the Rebels board and bagmen
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans ignore the contributors to Green and Gold Rugby
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans laugh at the contributors to The Roar
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans ignore the Shute Shield
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans hate the SANZAAR Board
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the South African Super Rugby Teams
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the New Zealand Super Rugby Teams
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the Argentinian Super Rugby Team
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the Japanese Super Rugby Team
    You, We, the Sea of Blue, Perth Rugby Fans love the East Coast Rugby fans....

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I don't hate the Argentinian or Japanese Super Rugby Team or their fans. If they had been culled instead of us, they'd have had every right to feel as betrayed as we did. SANZAAR created a team for them to support and they got behind them; then SANZAAR, for various reasons, decided that a team there wasn't beneficial but rather than try and make a case for why a) there should be a cull, and b) their team was one of the ones which should be culled, they (well, the ARU) just culled us and then lied about it and acted with complete contempt to the affected players and their families.

I'm more in line with Sittingbison, although I don't love the Reds and Brumbies; I don't hate them, either, I feel about them pretty much the same way I feel about the Stormers, the Jaguares or the Cheetahs. When we played them I'd like to beat them, but if they are the better team on the day then good on them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    The mail I have from the Brumbies is that they aren't happy with Super Rugby and are looking for other options.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hate? No. Distrust? Yes.

You say "This angry chip on the shoulder is not attractive." - nor is the suggestion that we should just forgive and forget when there is clear evidence the animosity towards rugby in the west continues.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The mail I have from the Brumbies is that they aren't happy with Super Rugby and are looking for other options.
    My personal feeling is that we should have nothing to do with the other Australian teams. Regardless of their motivations, it is just a way for RA to get inside the gates.

I wouldn't object so much to a NZ team or two in time, but Chibi does make some good points about objectives. They would need to have a hard think about what the competition is about, and how they would manage the various aspects of developing teams in Asia, ensuring all the teams are genuinely competitive, how the player pool is managed, etc. Hard to say with zero indication of what it all looks like from next year on, so might need to wait until then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    My personal feeling is that we should have nothing to do with the other Australian teams. Regardless of their motivations, it is just a way for RA to get inside the gates.

I wouldn't object so much to a NZ team or two in time, but Chibi does make some good points about objectives. They would need to have a hard think about what the competition is about, and how they would manage the various aspects of developing teams in Asia, ensuring all the teams are genuinely competitive, how the player pool is managed, etc. Hard to say with zero indication of what it all looks like from next year on, so might need to wait until then.
    The Brumbies are a different case to the rest. They want further independence from the RA and the Cheika request pissed them off further.

The Rebels without the dodgy deals and additional non budgeted funding from the RA will be out of business by now. To me Twiggy made a mistake in asking the Rebels over this year. Twiggy should have made it clear I am not paying you to come to Perth until you can show that you are capable of running a sustainable business, get rid of detestable people like Gray & North off the board, be more transparent with your financial dealings and stop draining the governing body to the detriment of the rest of Australian Rugby. Otherwise it is more sucking of the teet and no give.

There should be hate for the Rebels as they have caused more damage to Aus Rugby and there appears to be a lot more that we don't know about. The RA signed up last year to three more seasons of Super Rugby that includes the Rebels which will cause more financial pain.

The only exceptions there are the genuine supporters not fuckwíts like Kate Webb, Tyler and Josephine Barker. The coaches and players are good people. They didn't have to sign with the Rebels.

As for the Tahs and Reds their clubs and insiders don't have the guts to turf out the self interest tools. Nothing is going to change while they are in situ.

vCash
    Hate is way to strong a word.
    I prefer ambivalence -particularly towards Rugby Australia while it continues along the East Coast-centric (and particularly Waratahs-centric) attitude and focus.

Even when the Western Force was owned by RA (formerly the ARU) they showed little interest in the Alliance arrangements.
    Where was the support with additional coaching etc? (Surely it was meant to be more than 5 days of Mick Byrne in the pre-season.
    The National Coach made ZERO visits to Perth bewteen the Argentina Test in 2016 and the Sth African Test in 2017.

When Rugby Australia represents ALL of Australia it will get my support.
    Until then, I'm more than happy to get my Rugby Union fix from Perth Club Rugby, World Series Rugby/Western Force and wherever else rugby is played in the spirit of the game. Currently that isn't with the Wallabies other than to see how ex-WF players are going.

I see that an Australian-wide focus is more likely to flow from the success of WSR rather than any of the current endeavours/initiatives (?) of RA. Financially this will certainly be the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Could you post their response?

vCash
    In terms of hate and resentment I am still about as bitter as they come.

I hate the RA with a passion and want to see them fold.

I dislike the Rebels, but that dislike has escalated after Saturday to even more dislike after their disgusting behavior and attitude. I definitely do not hate the Rebel team, if qnything I am jealous of their special treatment and wished we got the same when we were introduced and envy the fact the governing body does all it can to support them when they pretty much ignored us. In saying that I hate the Rebel administrators.

As for the remaining super rugby teams im a bit meh regarding them. Basically I think they can do what they like and I just dont care for them ot any of their results anymore..

And the Wallabies... well due to their eastern centric flavour and clown coach I hate them and their crappy brand. Its not truely representative of the entire country and I wish we could secede and move on from this trainwreck and attempt to qualify as the Western Force or Western Australia for the Rugby world cup!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I love you all................let the hate begin...........
    Not hate on my part but rather a correction.

I don't hate the NZ or Argentinian SR teams, contributors to GAGR, East Coast rugby fans (such as yourself, lou or Alan Jones).

I absolutely will never support any Australian rugby team not from WA, no matter what. I went for Crusaders against their SR final against Waratahs in 2014.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Hate is way to strong a word.
    I prefer ambivalence -particularly towards Rugby Australia while it continues along the East Coast-centric (and particularly Waratahs-centric) attitude and focus.

Even when the Western Force was owned by RA (formerly the ARU) they showed little interest in the Alliance arrangements.
    Where was the support with additional coaching etc? (Surely it was meant to be more than 5 days of Mick Byrne in the pre-season.
    The National Coach made ZERO visits to Perth bewteen the Argentina Test in 2016 and the Sth African Test in 2017.

When Rugby Australia represents ALL of Australia it will get my support.
    Until then, I'm more than happy to get my Rugby Union fix from Perth Club Rugby, World Series Rugby/Western Force and wherever else rugby is played in the spirit of the game. Currently that isn't with the Wallabies other than to see how ex-WF players are going.

I see that an Australian-wide focus is more likely to flow from the success of WSR rather than any of the current endeavours/initiatives (?) of RA. Financially this will certainly be the case.
    That about sums up my feelings to Andrew although I have to confess I do hate Pulver, Clyne, North and the rest of the RA, VRU/MRRU boards as being Liars! Sorry Ex I'll never feel the same way about the Wallabies until those guys get their comeuppance and yes I know its not the players fault but they represent the "brand"

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast