Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

vCash
    Still can't find any information on attendances outside Australia?

And the way the Jags are playing, it's a shame they don't play games out in the provinces. A Tucuman game would be awesome.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 23-05-18 at 17:49.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    The feel good factor is back after a colossal effort by our beloved heartland state side Just loved Canno's sideline interview of Hooper afterwards - gold!
    Anyone got a link to it? I heard about it but missed it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Anyone got a link to it? I heard about it but missed it
    What was said?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    What was said?
    Cannon said something along the lines of the Waratahs inability to score when the Highlanders were down to 13 men. Hooper apparently got stuck into the guy about his negative attitude..

Sounds like Cannon was being a realist and not praising their 13/14 man win over the Highlanders

vCash
    Can you believe this.... how desperate can you get?. The comments talk about how they just should have merged the rebels and the Brumbies.. and someone mentioned its one step towards basically paying people to attend matches... it seems the RA have dropped the bar even lower!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Some figures updated on front page from https://www.shrugbyblog.com/2018/03/...rence-sr-2018/

Total Attendances & Average Crowds for 2018

Total Melbourne Rebels Attendance 2018: 69,358
    Average Rebels Super Rugby Crowd 2018: 9,908 (69358/7)

Total Queensland Attendance 2018: 75,413
    Average Reds Super Rugby Crowd 2018: 12,569 (75,413/6)

Total ACT Super Rugby attendance 2018: 60,307
    Average Brumbies SR 2018 Attendance: 8,615 (60307/7)

Total NSW Super Rugby attendance 2018: 41,735
    Average NSW SR 2018 Attendance: 13,912 (41735/3)

Note that the Tahs only have two "official" attendance figures and even you give them 10,000 (which I doubt they got) for those not reported, they are more like 71,735 Total with an Average of 11,955. Very strange that they are the only team not releasing official attendance figures.

Sunwolves average attendance for 2018 as on 19 May is 10,821.
    Average attendance for Western Force in World Series Rugby as on 13 May is 17,895

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Front page updated with Force crowd attendances after Rebels match.

Beth Newman from www.rugby.com.au has disputed the reported figures for Force, yet neglects to note that the Tahs have not even recorded figures for four matches. Claims that our $10 tickets distort figures yet forgets to mention that Rebels have a $50 season membership for all games making it well under $10 a game. My cousin has a $50 Rebels membership and has been able to sit the best seats in the house for most matches because there is nobody else there. She claims our crowds will continue to dwindle as season goes on, so looking forward to another sell out and 20,000+ for the Crusaders match, the Kiwi's wont let us down.

Speaking of Kiwi's, I heard a story last night about the Hurricanes and Crusaders having approached Twiggy about potential inclusion in WSR. They are a pretty astute bunch across the ditch when it comes to rugby, no doubt they can see the lack of light at the end of the Super Rugby tunnel and are getting on the front foot early

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Speaking of Kiwi's, I heard a story last night about the Hurricanes and Crusaders having approached Twiggy about potential inclusion in WSR. They are a pretty astute bunch across the ditch when it comes to rugby, no doubt they can see the lack of light at the end of the Super Rugby tunnel and are getting on the front foot early
    Interesting... possible reason why the crusaders agreed to play a friendly against us this year....

Senior Player
    vCash
    Beth Newman from www.rugby.com.au has disputed the reported figures for Force, yet neglects to note that the Tahs have not even recorded figures for four matches. Claims that our $10 tickets distort figures yet forgets to mention that Rebels have a $50 season membership for all games making it well under $10 a game. My cousin has a $50 Rebels membership and has been able to sit the best seats in the house for most matches because there is nobody else there. She claims our crowds will continue to dwindle as season goes on, so looking forward to another sell out and 20,000+ for the Crusaders match, the Kiwi's wont let us down.
    Just shows that the social media people in the ARU/RA have completed their Troll 101 courses successfully.

vCash
    Speaking of Kiwi's, I heard a story last night about the Hurricanes and Crusaders having approached Twiggy about potential inclusion in WSR.
    Ha! Bugger them!

Last edited by chibi; 10-06-18 at 17:02.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Front page updated with Force crowd attendances after Rebels match.

I am sure Beth is a lovely girl you would like to say hello too and take home to your mother but that is the biggest reach I have seen from the RA since de Clyne called for a Senate Inquiry in to why the infamous August 2016 meeting minutes were sent in as a submission to the commission.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Just shows that the social media people in the ARU/RA have completed their Troll 101 courses successfully.
    No wonder they pulled the comments section.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Ha! Bugger them!
    Why?

What have they done that is so wrong??

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Why? What have they done that is so wrong??
    Been so much better than every Australian team for so long? But seriously. I'm still not keen on fighting the issues that super rugby are currently fighting, so I'd need to be convinced that any kiwi team can enhance the value of the competition. So taking steps to moderate talent in order to maintain competitiveness, doing something about the incredibly broad broadcast schedule, I don't think that the bells and whistles that have been added are enough to overcome the challenges

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Why?

What have they done that is so wrong??
    Well respectfully, we can't afford to split the fan-base for a start; we need the whole of the WA rugby community behind it, not just 60% with the other 40% turning up once or twice a year to boo the home side. Long term, it's the next generation who need to be there behind this team, rather than having a reason to still keep supporting somebody else 10 or 13 years into the future. One of the key reasons given by the last board for why Perth Kiwis still barracked for the visiting New Zealand teams after more than a decade, even if they weren't from the same province, was that the Force kept losing to them in Perth. "If only we started beating them regularly" they said, "then we'd see the crowds change." I disagreed- what actually happened, I said, was that if the visiting Kiwi team had a losing record against us, the Kiwis just stayed away, as evidenced by the smaller crowds for the Highlanders; and in the early days, the Chiefs, who only came good in 2013. Keeping them out of the competition, eliminates the "if only we were winning" scenario completely; it gives the large WA Kiwi contingent no choice but to get behind their local professional team. It also allows the competition to stand on it's own merit, without direct comparison to SANZAAR or NZ Rugby.

There's other reasons too, like the fact that we have to get away from SANZAAR's way of doing things. Having the Kiwis involved would mean the same problems as before. They don't really bring anything to the table financially, but they'll over-stuff their teams with talent with the intent of dominating, rather than winning the competition, in order to reinforce a faux-position of strength in order to make demands of the competition to suit them. And they can do it under the guise of "we have the best players, we have the best teams, therefore we are the ones people want to watch, etc..." And we'll end up with the StuporRugby shitshow once again.

Without them, Perth stays united, and the competition's teams can pay players within it's means and still compete; if it needs to improve play and make it more open and exciting for TV, then the laws are there to be tinkered with and there are coaching and refereeing directives that can be issued.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, Ex.

Last edited by chibi; 15-06-18 at 15:41.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast