Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 244

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

  1. #31
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,723
    vCash
    5442950
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    And were they all sitting behind the cameraman?
    dunnies, bar, food places, outside having a smoke.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  2. #32
    Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wattle Grove
    Posts
    1,887
    vCash
    5344000
    TWF Contributor!
    Corporate boxes.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you arenít learning much if your lips are moving!!!

  3. #33
    Champion sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,405
    vCash
    6026000
    I'm surprised they didn't report 19,967

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  4. #34
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,282
    vCash
    3180000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    And were they all sitting behind the cameraman?
    We do have a fairly unique stadium set up here in Perth with the "new" or "main" stand being opposite the camera's. I believe in Canberra that the "Members Area" is also opposite the camera's in the Larkham/Gregan Stand.

    In most other stadia the Main Stand is where the cameras are and thus you do get it looking like not many are there as the majority of the crowd is actually behind the cameras.

    I am certainly not defending their reporting of crowd numbers (or lack of), just providing some perspective.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  5. #35
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,997
    vCash
    19538000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    We do have a fairly unique stadium set up here in Perth with the "new" or "main" stand being opposite the camera's. I believe in Canberra that the "Members Area" is also opposite the camera's in the Larkham/Gregan Stand.

    In most other stadia the Main Stand is where the cameras are and thus you do get it looking like not many are there as the majority of the crowd is actually behind the cameras.

    I am certainly not defending their reporting of crowd numbers (or lack of), just providing some perspective.
    This is correct. Most stadia are aligned with pitches north-south, and so the main stands are east and west. Most matches take place in the afternoon or evening, so cameras are generally placed in the west stand to avoid glare. Most of the crowd would rather sit in the west stand, too, as this also avoids glare and direct sunlight. (Watching the 1st half against Tonga was, at times, very difficult if the action was at the Shed End.) Therefore, most of the crowd are in the same stand as the cameras, and the opposite stand which the cameras look at can appear sparsely populated.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  6. #36
    Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    5342000
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Corporate boxes.
    Labeled as the the Grassroots box, Fosteting the game box, Promoting the game box and Growing the game box. All courtesy of RA make the Waratahs great again initiative

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #37
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,707
    vCash
    5200000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    This is correct. Most stadia are aligned with pitches north-south, and so the main stands are east and west. Most matches take place in the afternoon or evening, so cameras are generally placed in the west stand to avoid glare. Most of the crowd would rather sit in the west stand, too, as this also avoids glare and direct sunlight. (Watching the 1st half against Tonga was, at times, very difficult if the action was at the Shed End.) Therefore, most of the crowd are in the same stand as the cameras, and the opposite stand which the cameras look at can appear sparsely populated.
    In Canberra the cameras are based on the touch line of the Meninga stand which is the old stand. The Gregan/Larkham stand was built when the stadium was refurbished. Previously that part of the ground was an uncovered stand with no corporate seats. To the left and right of it were grass mound hills.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  8. #38
    Senior Player SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    35434000
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    From the SMH:

    "NSW Rugby said 12,308 turned up to watch the Waratahs 41-12 bonus point victory"
    Well that is a complete lie. It hardly looks close to 12k. But anyway its the RA, they cannot be trusted, least of all with crowd numbers after the shenanigans in non reporting and blatantly lying(rebels) about attendances all year..

    These photos show the stands directly under the camera and they are basically empty. Is the RA honestly trying to tell us they packed 8000 people in the top tier conveniently behind the camera... hmmm yeah nah not buying it ...




    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #39
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,327
    vCash
    5212000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Labeled as the the Grassroots box, Fosteting the game box, Promoting the game box and Growing the game box. All courtesy of RA make the Waratahs great again initiative
    I thought the Waratahs were great again after that sensational drought-busting game last weekend, no?!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  10. #40
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    198
    vCash
    5042000
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Well that is a complete lie. It hardly looks close to 12k. But anyway its the RA, they cannot be trusted, least of all with crowd numbers after the shenanigans in non reporting and blatantly lying(rebels) about attendances all year..

    These photos show the stands directly under the camera and they are basically empty. Is the RA honestly trying to tell us they packed 8000 people in the top tier conveniently behind the camera... hmmm yeah nah not buying it ...



    Spartan,

    Absolutely don't believe the figure the SMH quoted! Was just advising the group what had been reported. Strongly suggest those with the very revealing pics post them on The ROAR to highlight the reality.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #41
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    5122000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    This is correct. Most stadia are aligned with pitches north-south, and so the main stands are east and west. Most matches take place in the afternoon or evening, so cameras are generally placed in the west stand to avoid glare. Most of the crowd would rather sit in the west stand, too, as this also avoids glare and direct sunlight. (Watching the 1st half against Tonga was, at times, very difficult if the action was at the Shed End.) Therefore, most of the crowd are in the same stand as the cameras, and the opposite stand which the cameras look at can appear sparsely populated.
    AAMI Park in Melbourne has the cameras on the city side (west side) and that side of the stadium is usually closed off except on the lower levels - the umh crowd sit on the other side, which is the east side, so in the afternoon, you are looking into the sun.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #42
    Senior Player SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    35434000
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Spartan,

    Absolutely don't believe the figure the SMH quoted! Was just advising the group what had been reported. Strongly suggest those with the very revealing pics post them on The ROAR to highlight the reality.
    Yeah I am astounded that the RA would be so brazen and blatently lie in their reporting of the crowd attendance. You know a sport has hit rock bottom when they start fabricating their attendance and do it when its this obvious.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #43
    Senior Player SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    35434000
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    AAMI Park in Melbourne has the cameras on the city side (west side) and that side of the stadium is usually closed off except on the lower levels - the umh crowd sit on the other side, which is the east side, so in the afternoon, you are looking into the sun.
    Same as NIB then with the afternoon sun. Except we dont have to close an entire stand because we actually get people turning up to our games...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #44
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,034
    vCash
    16298000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah I am astounded that the RA would be so brazen and blatently lie in their reporting of the crowd attendance. You know a sport has hit rock bottom when they start fabricating their attendance and do it when its this obvious.
    I wouldn't be rushing with the rock bottom quote if I were you. I think this mob are capable of finding new depths, previously thought impossible

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #45
    Champion SinBin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,425
    vCash
    5194000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I thought the Waratahs were great again after that sensational drought-busting game last weekend, no?!
    The feel good factor is back after a colossal effort by our beloved heartland state side Just loved Canno's sideline interview of Hooper afterwards - gold!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-03-18, 16:56
  2. Super Rugby ratings for 2018!
    By SPaRTAN in forum Rugby
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-01-18, 07:19
  3. Super rugby draw 2018
    By The Man in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 28-09-17, 10:28
  4. Western Force Crowd Figures 2006-08
    By Burgs in forum Western Force
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-10-08, 16:02
  5. Crowd figures
    By Lock in forum Western Force
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-02-07, 01:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •