Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Rugby Crowd Figures

vCash
    Those of us who grew up watching rugby in the UK or Ireland would have been well acquainted with conditions like last night’s! Mind you, many of us will have forgotten quite how unpleasant an experience it can be!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Crowd reported as 11,678 here:
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88896807z

Not bad given it was probably the worst conditions I have ever been in for a rugby match ever. That includes both playing in and watching in. Considering it was basically impossible to see anything if you were trapped out in the rain and not privvy to a nice spot under shelter beneath a roof or stand.

Not bad Sea of Blue, in even the worst conditions imaginable you still turned out in numbers eclipsing the Queensland red crowd attendance in Brisbane. Queensland being a so called "Rugby heartland"
    For me the Stormers game at NIB was still the worst I have been to.

Great to see the rugby heartland continue to be challenged

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    So there season is now over and with four Tahs games having no official attendance, this is what it looks like.

Force (15,126)
    NSW Waratahs (14,949)
    Queensland Reds (12,101)
    Rebels (9,821)
    Brumbies (8,391)

Even if I be extra generous and give those four non released games at 10,000, which clearly they were not, their average for the eight home games this year was 12,474 (110,881/8) at least 2,500 below our average so far.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Those of us who grew up watching rugby in the UK or Ireland would have been well acquainted with conditions like last night’s! Mind you, many of us will have forgotten quite how unpleasant an experience it can be!
    early memories of rugby league..........
    played in small northern england cities on mudbath pitches, without the 6-tackle rule.
    so long as the forwards held the ball, one team could have possession for half an hour.
    a mate went to an away game and he reckoned his team only touched the ball when kicking off after conceding a try.

you forgot the most unpleasant aspect....................commentator eddie waring

cider my arse

vCash
    Endless recycling of the ball with one team retaining possession for ages? Sounds familiar

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    early memories of rugby league..........:
    I'd wager a (very) large wad of cash that Alison was not alluding a childhood watching Mungo mud wrestling in a Yorkshire winter.

A fair bit better now it's a summer game. As I've said before, I'm taking an interest in the progress of the Toronto Wolfpack (who should really be called a Dingo Pack) as we'll be in Yorkshire around finals time. After going undefeated and earning promotion last year they have only lost one match this year and are long odds-on to earn promotion to Superleague. They play a game that nobody has heard of in Toronto but have managed home crowds averaging about 7000 this year - playing 2nd Division. Kind of puts into perspective what a shambles Super Rugby has become. And their promotion/relegation/finals system is a fantastic innovation too - just about every team is active until Grand Final week. Super Rugby finals? - least said the better.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    They play a game that nobody has heard of in Toronto but have managed home crowds averaging about 7000 this year - playing 2nd Division. Kind of puts into perspective what a shambles Super Rugby has become
    But Canadia has a much larger population than Australia right? That would mean that the Toronto Wolfpack are actually doind worse than the Waratahs on a per-capita basis.

Here's a little table to help you out.

Toronto Wolfpack
    Population (Canada, because they're the only team in Canada) : 36 odd million - Average crowd 7000 Per-capita = 0.000194

Waratahs
    Population (Sydney) : 4 and a bit million - Average Crowd 12000 (ish) - Per-capita = 0.0027

or about 14 times the draw

It's simple maths really

If you want the actual maths, PM me

C'mon the

vCash
    And their promotion/relegation/finals system is a fantastic innovation too - just about every team is active until Grand Final week.
    That's one of the great innovations in sport, more sports and countries should have a look at that system.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    But Canadia has a much larger population than Australia right? That would mean that the Toronto Wolfpack are actually doind worse than the Waratahs on a per-capita basis.

Toronto Wolfpack
    Population (Canada, because they're the only team in Canada) : 36 odd million - Average crowd 7000 Per-capita = 0.000194

Waratahs
    Population (Sydney) : 4 and a bit million - Average Crowd 12000 (ish) - Per-capita = 0.0027

It's simple maths really

Coach; Somebody has to be answerable for this! There has to be an investigation! Rob Clunk has hacked GIGS' account and stolen his spreadsheet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Doesn't clunk work for the rebels now?

Ohhhh, I see what you did!

C'mon the

vCash
    I'd wager a (very) large wad of cash that Alison was not alluding a childhood watching Mungo mud wrestling in a Yorkshire winter.

A fair bit better now it's a summer game. As I've said before, I'm taking an interest in the progress of the Toronto Wolfpack (who should really be called a Dingo Pack) as we'll be in Yorkshire around finals time. After going undefeated and earning promotion last year they have only lost one match this year and are long odds-on to earn promotion to Superleague. They play a game that nobody has heard of in Toronto but have managed home crowds averaging about 7000 this year - playing 2nd Division. Kind of puts into perspective what a shambles Super Rugby has become. And their promotion/relegation/finals system is a fantastic innovation too - just about every team is active until Grand Final week. Super Rugby finals? - least said the better.
    they had a 'magic weekend' at St James Park (newcastle) not long ago, where they played 3 games on the trot.
    1st game was championship game, toronto v toulouse(?), which was fantastic entertainment, and a full house 52,000.
    next 2 games were super league games.
    toronto are based in manchester and they pay all the expenses of the teams that play away in canada.

had to laugh at one point. because the championship does not allow TMOs, toronto(?) missed a shot at goal by a couple of feet but both linos behind the goal raised their flags.
    the points were awarded, even though all the cameras were there, ready for the next 2 super league matches and replays clearly showed the shot missed.

cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So there season is now over and with four Tahs games having no official attendance, this is what it looks like.

Force (15,126)
    NSW Waratahs (14,949)
    Queensland Reds (12,101)
    Rebels (9,821)
    Brumbies (8,391)

Even if I be extra generous and give those four non released games at 10,000, which clearly they were not, their average for the eight home games this year was 12,474 (110,881/8) at least 2,500 below our average so far.
    I think it would be incredibly generous to estimate 10k for the unannounced Waratah games. The Highlander and Lions games were probably closer to 4-5k than 10k. But saying that the Force have given a big FU to the RA by showing even with a much smaller population in Perth we still have managed to get not only the most people for a game this year but the highest average attendance by a long shot. A few thousand more to be truthful.

Its been a great comeback year for the Force, for their fans, and for the brand. We are punching well above our weight and are the diamond in a very rough pile shit (The EARU)

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Im thinking that these numbers might be worth giving to Nick Taylor - there is a story in this.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Toronto Wolfpack

Waratahs

It's simple maths really

Saw this today in the UK and immediately thought of you!😂😂😂

Its been previously suggested that conspiracy theories may only exist to help tin-foil manufacturers sell more tin-foil - but I think I was wrong - it's not the foil manufacturers - it's the governments!

Consider this - if you buy a protective workmans helmet/hard-hat in the UK (and in many countries) it is VAT/sales tax free.

HOWEVER - if you buy tin foil to make a tin-foil protective hat - then the Government earns 20% in VAT.

So it actually pays the Government to encourage conspiracy theories.

Now there's a conspiracy theory for you!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Did you watch the waratahs win.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast