Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Australia, Super Rugby not doing game any favours, axed sevens coach Andy Frien

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Looks like someone ideal for the IPRC
    Never read/heard/seen anything where he ever questioned the system whilst he was an ARU man. Let's not fill up with every dissolute spare/discard around, or else we're back at square one. A bit of long term planning with less "blow-in" this time round.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    There's a head coaching role going at Connacht. Get out of Australian Rugby.

It is more 2. How many tickets have been sold for Tonga.
    Just looking at Ticketmaster and there are about 100 or so in the Western Stand (old stand), not many at ground level on East (under new stand) and a fair few in the upper reaches of the East. Shed in North and the South don't show actual seats as they must be "unallocated" but tickets are available there.

Just don't delay and get them today

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tuakana View Post
    Never read/heard/seen anything where he ever questioned the system whilst he was an ARU man. Let's not fill up with every dissolute spare/discard around, or else we're back at square one. A bit of long term planning with less "blow-in" this time round.
    Fair enough

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Fair enough
    To be fair he got shafted which left the ladies without a head coach due to Tim Walsh moving to the men's side earlier than expected and they have a chance of winning the women's 7s series.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Western Force return sparkles on many fronts
    Western Force’s Brynard Stander barges his way past a pair of Fiji Warrioes defenders to score at NIB Stadium on Friday night. Picture: AAP
    Western Force’s Brynard Stander barges his way past a pair of Fiji Warrioes defenders to score at NIB Stadium on Friday night. Picture: AAP
    The Australian12:00AM May 7, 2018
    Save
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on email
    Share more...
    WAYNE SMITH
    Senior Sport WriterBrisbane
    @WayneKeithSmith

Among the 19,466 spectators at Perth’s NIB Stadium on Friday night was one who was delighted at how well the Western Force performed in their resurrection match — Rugby Australia’s deputy chairman Brett Robinson.

The match sparkled on so many fronts. Not only did the Force beat the Fiji Warriors 24-14 in game one of a seven-match World Series Rugby schedule, but the biggest crowd to attend a rugby match in Australia this year was royally entertained, both on and off the field.

And although he went to Perth as the ambassador of the organisation responsible for culling the Force from Super Rugby, Robinson was impressed with how well West Australians had reconnected with the Force.

“People came along and were really pleased to see their team playing again and could connect with that,” Robinson said. “It was great to be there for that.”

Robinson acknowledged that some of the more conservative Super Rugby franchises could take their lead from some of WSR’s on and off-field innovations.

“I think there is a lot to learn,” he said. “There were some fresh ideas around the edges, which were great.”

Robinson was particularly taken by WSR’s attempts to speed up the scrum. He has been agitating for change at international level and will address World Rugby’s referees camp in Sydney on Wednesday and Thursday about how scrums have become a chance for players to take a breather and are used as a time-wasting tool, particularly when one side has a player in the sin bin.

“I’ll take the opportunity to raise the issue of match-day management and the responsibility they have to push sides to get themselves organised. But at the moment they don’t have any way of legislating against inaction.”

The new rules, in use for the first time, worked reasonably well in Perth, although Force coach Tim Sampson admitted that old habits die hard and both sides failed to fully capitalise on the innovation which allowed the side feeding the lineout to take the throw as soon as they were ready.

“Players still tended to walk up to the lineout so we’ll discuss how we can do that better before our next game (against Tonga on Sunday afternoon),” Sampson said.

“But certainly the scrums seemed a lot cleaner. I thought the referee (Queenslander) Jordan Way handled them very well.”

Sampson admitted that even he was taken by surprise by the fact that the Force gelled right from the start and certainly for the first half-hour. Before fullback Peter Grant was taken off with concussion — he was taken to hospital but later released — there was all the speed and intensity of a Super Rugby match about the occasion.

“It’s a credit to the guys how well they played and I told them that in the dressing rooms afterwards,” he said.

“They did play good footy — beyond expectations, I would have to say. The errors were kept low, our continuity in attack was good and our defensive line was outstanding. Even the Fijians found it pretty hard to break.”

It’s the nature of Fijian rugby to treat defensive lines with disdain but certainly for 70 minutes of the match, the low-tackling focus of the Force held them at bay. It was only in the 10 minutes after halftime that the Perth team forgot their game plan and began to tackle the Fijians — ineffectually — around the midriff, but captain Ian Prior soon managed to get his players’ minds back on the job.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    ^^^^
    Is Payto & Panda off the RA/ARU payroll so they are using Wayne Smith as their propoganda artist now?

Pushing the agenda 'oh yeah, how good is this WA stuff, we fully support it'. Yeah sorry buddy, the West Remembers. You can't try to use this as evidence of how great your administration is.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maharajah came to Perth, looking on with amusement, "How quaint! I approve of this. Look here, servant boy, tell the masses I approve of this. These peasants will be so honoured I have given them my approval"

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Lol fresh ideas around the edges, some of the more conservative SR teams could learn from

Mate, the fresh idea was telling RA to get stuffed we'll do it ourselves. Yup, the SR teams could learn a lot from that

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    He must ‘ve missed seeing the screw you ARU jumper. Should post him a copy? Cos WA don’t give a toss what RA think.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Brett Robinson's comments........why does the word duplicitous come so readily to mind?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    He must ‘ve missed seeing the screw you ARU jumper. Should post him a copy? Cos WA don’t give a toss what RA think.
    I noticed that was cut out of TV coverage!

Player
    vCash
    Brett Robinson can F**K OFF! he is a two faced bastard. I tried to send him an email yesterday but he has changed his email address. Hopefully the news about the SA Super teams going to the Pro 14 is true and Super Rugby falls in a big heap!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    It was clearly on the big screen it was just filtered out by his "don't see anything I don't want to no matter how obvious" glasses.

Robinson is a delusional wanker who probably still thinks RugbyWA want to get back into Super Rugby

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    That's what I thought, too; that WSR was the name for this year's set of exhibition matches. But I've heard interviews when they mentioned WSR as the comp for next year. If WSR gets traction in the public's minds, it'd probably be better to keep that name, even if IPRC is more descriptive.
    Nope I heard the IPRC name has been dropped for the new WSR branding moving forward which includes next years tournament. The IPRC was just a working title which the concept has now evolved into "World Series Rugby" WSR.

I may be wrong but there were a number of articles that mentioned the rebranding some time ago.

But its confusing because some media seem to use the IPRC tag like it is going to be reintroduced so who really knows?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Brett Robinson's comments........why does the word duplicitous come so readily to mind?
    "Damned with faint praise" is what came to my mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast