Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Andrew Forrest's World Series Rugby dream starts Friday, but can it work?

vCash
    8 teams. 56 games $1m to the winning team. Teams from NZ (Nth Hbr), team from Western Sydney. Up to 12 marque players signed and they will select the team they play for.

Western Force to be run by Rugby WA. Twiggy and a team of really influential high flyers in international rugby to run the whole competition.

Good rumour. Suck shit and die RA.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    None at all, they'll just rummage through their wardrobe for anything the right colour. If they don't find anything they'll wear black
    Yeah, still think it's a mistake in the long term including them in the comp. Hopefully it's not true.

I'm going on like a broken record over this

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Yeah, still think it's a mistake in the long term including them in the comp. Hopefully it's not true.

I'm going on like a broken record over this

I think its inevitable that NZ teams and East Coast Australia teams will be apart of WSR.

Super Rugby is dying. At the end of this Broadcast deal, South Africa will jump ship and send all their teams to Europe.

Fox and Sky will not pay hundreds of Millions of Dollars to Rugby Australia and New Zealand Rugby for a Series that no one watches.

Therefore they will either try and invent their own series - or come cap in hand to Mr Forrest and beg to be a part of World Series Rugby.

And

As much as we hate the idea. From a business point of view - Twiggy won't say no to RA or NZR.

The TV Rights would be worth more with Tahs, Reds, Crusaders, Hurricanes et al involved.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

vCash
    Twiggy is on record in saying that he is happy to work with the RA sans the Chairman. The boneheads have done nothing to get rid of de Clyne and the morons who appointed him. All we are getting from the RA is stalling tactics, deliberately playing dumb stating that they have heard nothing from Twiggy and we are looking maintaining the status quo.

In any case these teams can't participate in a replacement comp until 2021 at the earliest.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6