Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Results-based evidence points towards second Super Rugby cull

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    In the same vein. It would be better to only have the one team in Super Rugby. It would save a lot of money...
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    But then that team would be the Waratahs and they would be the sole supplier of talent for the wallabies Actually, that's no change from the current situation so it'd probably work.
    Yeah, it's worked well for the Argies; Super Rugby finalists and winners of the Rugby Championship.

Oh, wait ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    What a fool.
    In the beginning of the article he is whinging about the player drain to Europe, which was caused by cutting a Super Rugby team.
    Then later in the article he suggests dropping another super team, which will cause another wave of players to go off-shore.
    TBH, unlike Jules, I thought the whole article was a satire, so wasn't looking for internal consistency. Are people taking this idea seriously?

vCash
    I say they should do it. Hopefully it accelerates the nuclear option.

I still wonder how bad things need to get before Clynes head rolls?

vCash
    The amount of teams don't matter if the game is shrinking in its heartlands and deliberately being cut in its peripheral expansion areas.

Last edited by chibi; 25-04-18 at 12:16.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The more RA screws the last remaining fan base (e.g. cutting more teams, being bone-headed, etc), the more support WSR will get (and by extension the Western Force). This will do a fantastic job of removing RA from the powerbase that is NSW and QLD and giving everyone a fair go. I reckon it'll be a tough couple of years for Wallabies fans following the next World Cup but I think this will be the recession we have to have for meaningful change.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I thought the 6 million savings was to help grassroots rugby now they want it to keep players in SR? I freaking give up with the whole bloody lot of them!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I thought the 6 million savings was to help grassroots rugby now they want it to keep players in SR? I freaking give up with the whole bloody lot of them!
    It was originally $6 mill for grass roots but they have stopped using that line once they realised their was no money left over to spend on grass roots after another wasteful year propping up Andrew Cox and the Rebels!

vCash
    Just stinks how the ARU omitted that in the 2017 annual financial report. How can you hid $500k from the KPMG auditors? I really hope hope ASIC recommends a wide spread ATO investigation in the MRRU and all of the affiliates on the lamb. It’s audacious that they think that they will get away with it.

Player
    vCash
    It's freaky, the lengths they went to keep the Rebels, now they're looking to cut the team by half. I can't see anyone in Melbourne supporting them if they only play 4 games a year there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Just stinks how the ARU omitted that in the 2017 annual financial report. How can you hid $500k from the KPMG auditors? I really hope hope ASIC recommends a wide spread ATO investigation in the MRRU and all of the affiliates on the lamb. It’s audacious that they think that they will get away with it.
    When were the payments made? If the 2017 annual financial report runs July 1 2016 to June 30 2017, and the payments were made in late July-August 2017 (Cox seems to have sold the Rebels ~4-5 August), then there's no reason the ARU had to report the $500k. It would appear in next year's financial report (when everyone's forgotten about it and/or Super Rugby and RA have all but disappeared!)

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Bret Harris does not address the real problem that Sanzaar and Super Rugby are now dead dogs, ever since the introduction of Argentina, Japan and the conference system. Sanzaar have lost their audience in Aus, NZ and RSA. People don't watch even their own teams , when they play at funny hours of the night or morning.
    Twiggy is right. The future of rugby, depends on moving to time-zone based competitions.

RA needs to pull all the teams out of Sanzaar and join Twiggy's IPRC/World Series, even if NZ dont want to initially. And let Twiggy's team of professional sports administrators/promoters run the competition for heavens sake. RA can run the Wallabies.
    RA cannot run anything properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    When were the payments made? If the 2017 annual financial report runs July 1 2016 to June 30 2017, and the payments were made in late July-August 2017 (Cox seems to have sold the Rebels ~4-5 August), then there's no reason the ARU had to report the $500k. It would appear in next year's financial report (when everyone's forgotten about it and/or Super Rugby and RA have all but disappeared!)
    RA annual report runs on the calendar year

truth triumphs

vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2