Thread: New Force, same old crap

Rookie
    vCash

New Force, same old crap

After returning home from watching a round 1 premier game I was delighted to see on instgram that the Force players had spend the day fooling around in front of a camera having pictures taken and video clips made, way more important than playing rugby and actually making the public aware of who plays for the Forces these days.

Basically all the crap we heard about the Force being part oft he community was hot air and nothing has changed apart from the fact we have a professional team made up of rugby players who don't play rugby. With lots of sides struggling for numbers, 2/3 extra players per club would have had a profound impact on the rugby in Round 1.

If this is the way it is going to continue and the Force don't learn from their mistakes in the past I can't see this team being a success and to be honest I'm not sure if I care.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yes disappointing that they couldn't play,maybe this week?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I think you might find that all that stuff was done earlier in the week and not Saturday. That "fooling around in front of a camera having pictures taken and video clips" is all part of promoting the club for promos.
    I'm not sure which game you were at but I was watching Wanneroo and players were at Kingsway. I'm told that all players will be available next week.

Rookie
    vCash
    I had heard no Force players for first 2 rounds. Where those players at Kingsway playing or just watching?

Maybe it was done during the week but instagram sure made it look like it was being done on Saturday. If the players could be at the venues why were they not allowed play?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    I had heard no Force players for first 2 rounds. Where those players at Kingsway playing or just watching?

Maybe it was done during the week but instagram sure made it look like it was being done on Saturday. If the players could be at the venues why were they not allowed play?
    Finally someones talking some sense on here.New force same shit,you wont see me supporting them till they support community rugby.Get your heads out of the sand you have a responsibility not to just rebuild professional rugby here but help club footy rebuild as its looking glim.

Champion
    vCash

They were watching. As they might have been at other clubs if anyone who was at other games might have seen. I suggest you look at next week's teamsheets

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I probably dont know much - because I live in Sydney

But how many of you fine upstanding members of the Local Rugby Community have gone to say hello to these new members of your Club.

How many of your members have mentioned that Training is on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Offered to pick them up for training if they required it.

How many of the Clubs have put on a BBQ to welcome the new players to your Club.

OR

Have you seen them around the club - whispered behind their backs about them being superstars?

How many of you just expect these players to turn up be ready to play every single game. Make all of the tackles, score all the points. Then Clean the sheds and put away the goal post pads after the game?

This year each and every player has been named to be affiliated with a Club. I am sure I am wrong, but isnt that the first time that has happened in a number of years?

A lot of them have only just arrived in Perth. They have got a thousand things to do. Find a place to live. Find the best place to get a half decent decaffeinated half cafe with a splash of lime. Transport, school for the kids, plus Force promotional work. Force Training. Oh, but heaven forbid they get their faces on Instagram promoting our city and our new and improved team.

WHY not get off your high horses and cut them some slack.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Veteran
    vCash
    This thread should be called

New Force, same old whinge

pull your heads out of your asses, aren't you adults? They will get there, the whole team has only been around for a few months. just chill, they will get there!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Good rant Exile but when was this about the players? This is about management decisions. From what I've heard the players wanted to play.

Yep your right Palitu, there will be the exact same whinging if nothing changes

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Come on, we all know that if and when they do play for their respective clubs, there will still be whinging from club land that some clubs are more advantaged than others because of the plyers that have been allocated. The theme in every Metro Rugby thread is the same, slam each other or slam RugbyWA, they are just fortunate that TWF have provided a forum for them to air their grievances, so either title works.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Good rant Exile but when was this about the players? This is about management decisions. From what I've heard the players wanted to play.

Yep your right Palitu, there will be the exact same whinging if nothing changes
    And your rant is the same old crap. Expecting something for nothing.

You heard the players wanted to play?? Wow - who was brave enough to go and talk to them?

I am going to do you a favor. You wont take notice of it. But I am a sucker for punishment.

There is this group of fanatical Rugby Supporters - you may have heard of them - everyone calls them the Sea of Blue.

I reckon all up - there are about 6-7000 of them

About 25 percent of them have an affiliation to Club Rugby. Why that small of an amount, well glad you asked.

The Sea of Blue LOVE the Western Force. They would Bleed Blue if they could. And all Club Rugby people do is Bitch and whine about the people this group love.

Now I bet - if Just one Club in Perth figured it out. Figured that by reaching out to the Sea of Blue. Said that they loved and supported the Force, RugbyWA and Western Australian Rugby - their support and membership would double or even triple overnight.

But - why would you want that?

Much more fun to whinge and bitch about how they are acting the fool on Instagram while you were cutting up the Oranges.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Rookie
    vCash
    Thank you Exile.

I have been part of the Sea of Blue since the Force began.
    I have no connection with grass roots rugby because I grew up playing AFL and my daughters played basketball.

My only connection with local rugby has been through this forum.
    I have from time to time thought it would be good to support a local team....no idea where to start looking.

But I have been turned off in a big way by the whinging and politics espoused on this site.
    Why would I want to be a part of that? I just want to watch good rugby and share the joy with fellow supporters.

Looking forward to watching another Force game and getting to know the new players.

Player
    vCash
    PJ43 - you could join the Sea of Blue folk who are visiting the clubs, an initiative organised by Alison and Karen. It started with a "Trickle of Blue" last Saturday at Wanneroo, who were wonderful hosts. In particular Frank and Francis, but everyone from the food servers to the people behind the bar.

One of Wanneroo Force assignments Andrew Deegan was there, but Rod Davies is apparently still in Japan. The Wanneroo folk I talked with would have loved to have their Force guys playing but understood that (at this stage of the pre-season, without a full squad yet, and in the relatively short run-up to their first match) this was never going to happen.

Why not join us this Saturday at Joondalup? Look for the Force tent.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!