Thread: Are You A Wallabies Supporter Living Overseas?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Are You A Wallabies Supporter Living Overseas?

ARU launches Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club
    August 08, 2006 - 6:00pm
    Story by: ARU

Qantas Wallabies fans living outside Australia are being given a unique opportunity to support their national Rugby team from abroad, with the Australian Rugby Union today launching the official Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club.
    Launched a little more than a year out from Rugby World Cup 2007, the Supporters Club has been established to enable expatriate fans to support the Wallabies on their road to France for the Rugby World Cup, as well as on this year's tour of the northern hemisphere in November.
    For an annual membership fee of £35 (including VAT), Wallaby supporters around the world can join the Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club and access a range of benefits including discounts on Wallaby merchandise, invitations to exclusive member events, a Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club pack and an exclusive, members-only e-newsletter.
    Club members will also have the inside running on tickets to Wallaby matches in the northern hemisphere that are part of the annual Wallaby Spring Tour.
    Qantas Wallabies Head Coach John Connolly says the Supporters Club is a fantastic initiative for fans abroad and the team in the lead up to Rugby World Cup 2007.
    ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT"We're always meeting or hearing from Wallaby fans living outside Australia and the Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club is a great way to make them feel part of the team, no matter where they're living," Connolly said.
    "The Wallaby team's always grateful for the backing of our overseas supporters and when you're playing on someone else's home turf, it makes a huge difference having your own fans there, cheering you on."
    Classic Wallaby Michael Lynagh, who these days bases himself in the UK, says he is looking forward to being among the first to join the Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club.
    "The Supporters Club is a great initiative by Australian Rugby because there are a lot of Aussies living over here and we're all still very passionate about Australian sport," Lynagh said.
    "Obviously the Wallabies are dear to my heart and being able to support them from the UK is a fantastic opportunity."
    Membership to the Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club can be taken up online, at www.rugby.com.au/wosc, or by calling + 44 (0)870 850 7548 from 9.00am to 5.00pm UK time, Monday to Friday.
    View the Wallabies Overseas Supporters Club - Membership Benefits

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    this makes me angry... bloody greedy ARU. It should be free to join their precious club and then pay per event.

When I was in London the ARU graciously organised tickets to a Twickenham game, and only marked them up by A$50 ! I could have bought cheaper tickets outside the ground from a scalper.

Player
    vCash
    do you think living in tassie qualifies me as an overseas supporter?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I could suggest a couple of things it might qualify you for, but I wont go there!!

Player
    vCash
    are you getting funny fulvio?

Player
    vCash
    haha im actually from melbourne, so if i wanted i could have a go at you blokes.....but some things are better left unsaid

Player
    vCash
    nah just jokes boys i love WA although i have never been there, it something i would like to do, travel to Perth but its so far away, really Tassie and Perth are just as isolated

vCash
    worlds apart