Thread: Player club allocation

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Player club allocation

FORCE PLAYERS ALIGNED WITH LOCAL CLUBS

Western Force players will reinforce their ties with the state’s strong rugby community and help to grow the game at a grassroots level through a club allocation program unveiled today.
    The players in the 2018 Western Force squad have been evenly distributed across the 13 premiership clubs in WA with a host of players maintaining long-standing links to clubs they have been a part of for years.
    RugbyWA CEO Bob Hunter said the player allocation would foster junior rugby, support club teams at all levels and ensure the Western Force players maintained strong connections with the community.
    “We are confident this linkage will add to the culture of the clubs and have a valuable, positive impact,” Hunter said.
    “Whether it is through coaching, playing or mentoring others, the time the Force players will spend within these clubs will help to underpin and grow the game of rugby in Western Australia.”
    The Force players will act primarily as rugby ambassadors but will also assist in specific coaching, mentoring or skills development sessions with senior grades, junior teams and individual players, and occasionally play with the clubs.
    The club engagement will contribute to the 350 hours of community engagement per year that all Western Force players have committed to.
    Western Force Head of Elite Performance Matt Hodgson said the linkage would have a positive impact on the players and the clubs.
    “During my time as captain of the Western Force, I developed a real appreciation for the importance of club rugby in Western Australia,” Hodgson said.
    “It’s here that young talent develops and the passion for the game is at its strongest. Making sure the Force players stay close to that passion, and give something back, is crucial to the ultimate success of rugby in WA.”
    While the players have been directly aligned to Premier Grade clubs, any junior and Community Grade club can access the players through RugbyWA and make requests to seek support and engagement from the Force stars.
    Some of the exciting new player-club matches include the Orr brothers, Harrison and Cameron, who will join ARKs, former Wallaby Rod Davies will head to Wanneroo, Springboks Veteran Jacque Fourie will link up with Southern Lions in a coaching and ambassador capacity while Fijian gold medallist Masivesi Dakuwaqa joins Kalamunda.
    Maintaining old ties, Brad Lacey and Aj Alatimu will continue to run out for Wests Scarborough, 2017 Nedlands captain Tevin Ferris remains at the Foreshore, UWA 2014 premiership winning forwards Harry Scoble and Chris Alcock are back for the Students while Rockingham product Kieran Longbottom returns home to join the newly amalgamated Coastal Cavaliers.
    See the full list of Western Force player club allocations below.
    Cam Orr ARKS
    Harrison Orr ARKS
    Elliot Turner ARKS
    Rod Davies Wanneroo
    Andrew Deegan Wanneroo
    Leon Power Wanneroo
    Fergus Lee Warner Southern Lions
    George Pisi Southern Lions
    Jaque Fourie Southern Lions
    TBA Perth Bayswater
    Harry Lloyd Perth Bayswater
    Johan Bardoul Perth Bayswater
    Kieran Longbottom Coastal Cavaliers
    TBA Coastal Cavaliers
    TBA Coastal Cavaliers
    Chris Alcock UWA
    Harry Scoble UWA
    Brynard Stander Joondalup Brothers
    Clay Uyen Joondalup Brothers
    Masivesi Dakuwaqa Kalamunda
    TBA Kalamunda
    Tevin Ferris Nedlands
    Tom Sheminant Nedlands
    Heath Tessmann Nedlands
    Chris Heiberg Palmyra
    Josh Furno Palmyra
    Ian Prior Associates
    Rodney Iona Associates
    Marcel Brache Cottesloe
    Peter Grant Cottesloe
    Ryan Louwrens Cottesloe
    Feleti Kaitu’u Wests Scarborough
    Aj Alatimu Wests Scarborough
    Brad Lacey Wests Scarborough

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Force players will act primarily as rugby ambassadors but will also assist in specific coaching, mentoring or skills development sessions with senior grades, junior teams and individual players, and occasionally play with the clubs.

The club engagement will contribute to the 350 hours of community engagement per year that all Western Force players have committed
    to.

Was this level of commitment/allocation ever there previously?

Champion
    vCash
    And que the Fulvio led RugbyWA bashing that will achieve nothing .....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Enjoy your two, Kalahard.

Champion
    vCash
    Now that this list is out, may I say that all of the contracted players ( who are here) have been involved in this process and all of them are very keen to become part of their allocated club.

May I please ask Community to help us integrate these guys into your club. Many years ago, there was a bit of confusion and some feedback from players and clubs ( albeit unsubstantiated in many cases) created some hiccups.

Please welcome these guys into your club and please find activities where they can contribute and help grow your club. They are very keen to build on the relationship between Club and Force. If they can please the club, then clubbies will buy tickets to watch the Force and they keep their jobs. On the flipside, if clubs welcome the guys and their families, they can become ambassadors for your club.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Enjoy your two, Kalahard.
    Yeah Kala, Cavaliers has three! Suck it!

I assume the TBA brothers will both be going to Mandurah, you don't want to split up a family like that and Kieran is logical to spend most of his time at Rocky.

C'mon the

vCash
    TBA brothers? If it isn't the Haylett Pettys and Arnolds the only other brothers I can think of are the Faingaa twins.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    TBA brothers? If it isn't the Haylett Pettys and Arnolds the only other brothers I can think of are the Faingaa twins.
    Has to be Faingaa, because there's one going to Kalamunda as well.

I guess Barrett isn't out of the question!

C'mon the

vCash
    Makes sense as the Not Nots (London Irish) are heading back towards the Championship and Anthony is in Japan where the season will be structured differently due to the RWC. I am not sure if he is at a club that released a load of players due to relegation.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Some people analyse things too bigly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Some people analyse things too bigly.
    I'm surprised not to see more "Big Analysis" done by your good self.

C'mon the