Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waratahs.

Apprentice
    vCash

Waratahs.

Anybody know the crowd numbers at Allianz? I know the camera angle can be deceptive because fans obviously don’t want to sit sun facing. But it looked a bit light in numbers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Attendance figures for Australian games are getting harder and harder to find; and when you do get them, you can't help thinking that there's a bit of Alternative Facts regarding the numbers posted!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    For what its worth.

The weather in Sydney yesterday was awful - was 40 Degrees along with 60km/h winds out in the West where I live.

The Football Stadium on a Sunday afternoon - with that direct sun beating down on half the stadium would have been awful.

At one stage there was a group of about 20 plus from the Rugby Club I am a part of that were planning on going to this game, final figure because of the weather was less than 10.

Sydney Rugby fans are a fair weathered bunch at the best of times.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    Anybody know the crowd numbers at Allianz? I know the camera angle can be deceptive because fans obviously don’t want to sit sun facing. But it looked a bit light in numbers.
    Numbers have been dwindling for a few years, not just for the Tahs, but super rugby in general. The number of people attending super rugby games in 2015 was over 700'000, last year it was around 380'000. Some of the Tahs games they had as few as 10'000. The format needs an overhaul. Too many teams, quality thinly spread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Attendance figures for Australian games are getting harder and harder to find; and when you do get them, you can't help thinking that there's a bit of Alternative Facts regarding the numbers posted!
    Brumbies and Raiders publish their crowds. Canberra Stadium looks shocking and it was only renovated 22 years ago. The main scoreboard is covered and not used.

As for the SFS poorly designed. One half of the stadium is in the glare and enough has been said about the poor facilities for female and disability access. Brisbane nailed it. Suncorp was renovated at the same time as Canberra Stadium.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Numbers have been dwindling for a few years, not just for the Tahs, but super rugby in general. The number of people attending super rugby games in 2015 was over 700'000, last year it was around 380'000. Some of the Tahs games they had as few as 10'000. The format needs an overhaul. Too many teams, quality thinly spread.
    The scheduling and press coverage is appalling. Who is going to go when the press and the teams themselves put it out in the public domain that the SA teams don't draw.

It is not Super Rugby who are poor at scheduling. 6pm Friday night and 6:30 pm Sunday games are a joke. The AFL have tried late Sunday games and the fans hated it.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I think the coverage Foxsports gives SuperRugby is shocking.

A super Rugby match has nothing but commercials for Rugby League.

On FoxSports News 500 Channel. The first headline a few weeks ago was RugbyLeague Trials - Super Rugby matches are 5th on the list.

On FoxSports.com.au The Sports scores at the top of the page is League first, then A-League. You need to scroll thru 2 or 3 pages of Sports before you can find the SuperRugby results.

Exile
    Sydney

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    The format needs an overhaul. Too many teams, quality thinly spread.
    It may well be true, but until there are regularly games on free to air (or conveniently streamed) it would be difficult to reach this conclusion.

With the NRL, AFL and NBL fans can (mostly) expect a home game every second week and an away game at a convenient time, and so it is much easier to become "engaged".

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I think the coverage Foxsports gives SuperRugby is shocking.
    The value depends on what you are paying

Foxtel are currently running a promotion where new customers get an IQ3, Sports HD, plus Lifestyle+ for $39 per month guaranteed for 12 months, with no lock-in contract. A number of existing customers (myself included) have been able to get this deal.

Details are at https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru...t=2696647&p=25 but basically all you have to do is get through to the Loyalty Department and tell them you want the deal. You might have to threaten to cancel to get through to the Loyalty Department though.

It turns out the Loyalty Department is in South Africa. I spoke to a lady who is a Shorks supporter. She was horrified by what was done to the Force, was aware that we have 2 Springboks playing with us this year, and was very pleased when I said I’d be supporting the Shorks against the other AU teams. I doubt that influenced her, but you never know.

If you are a Foxtel subscriber give it a go, and never accept a "no" from someone without authority to say "yes". In my case it was the difference between staying or cancelling.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SteveWA; 19-03-18 at 17:32.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I went the Sydney sevens. Good atmosphere,etc. But sitting in the sun all day is a bit of a pig. Reserved seating is the opposite the sunny side. They said they are knocking it down this year, so don’t know where sevens will be moving too. Suncorp or Optus must be favourited I guess.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I went the Sydney sevens. Good atmosphere,etc. But sitting in the sun all day is a bit of a pig. Reserved seating is the opposite the sunny side. They said they are knocking it down this year, so don’t know where sevens will be moving too. Suncorp or Optus must be favourited I guess.
    If it stays in Sydney it may go to the new Parramatta stadium which is nearly finished.

But I havent heard anything. But there is a political shit storm here in Sydney about the spending of some huge money on refurbishing both the Football stadium and Olympic Stadium at the same time.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If it stays in Sydney it may go to the new Parramatta stadium which is nearly finished. But I havent heard anything. But there is a political shit storm here in Sydney about the spending of some huge money on refurbishing both the Football stadium and Olympic Stadium at the same time.
    We'll they surely can't expect rugby to pay for their facility to be upgraded can they. Maybe they can convince the WA government to chip in

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    The value depends on what you are paying

Foxtel are currently running a promotion where new customers get an IQ3, Sports HD, plus Lifestyle+ for $39 per month guaranteed for 12 months, with no lock-in contract. A number of existing customers (myself included) have been able to get this deal.

Details are at https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru...t=2696647&p=25 but basically all you have to do is get through to the Loyalty Department and tell them you want the deal. You might have to threaten to cancel to get through to the Loyalty Department though.

It turns out the Loyalty Department is in South Africa. I spoke to a lady who is a Shorks supporter. She was horrified by what was done to the Force, was aware that we have 2 Springboks playing with us this year, and was very pleased when I said I’d be supporting the Shorks against the other AU teams. I doubt that influenced her, but you never know.

If you are a Foxtel subscriber give it a go, and never accept a "no" from someone without authority to say "yes". In my case it was the difference between staying or cancelling.
    I just signed up for a new deal with Foxtel

I got Sports package with Entertainment ( I tried to give that back - they wouldnt let me) for $23/per month for 12 months no contract. With a IQ3.

Not a bad deal. Too bad I missed out on the 6Nations the games I downloaded were crackers.

Exile
    Sydney

Apprentice
    vCash
    Anybody able to find out the crowd numbers? I’ve looked everywhere but it seems like a secret. Even the fox commentators didn’t mention about the crowd. I suppose the weather may have had something to do with it.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Anybody able to find out the crowd numbers? I’ve looked everywhere but it seems like a secret. Even the fox commentators didn’t mention about the crowd. I suppose the weather may have had something to do with it.
    i don't know about here in oz, but the crowd figures have to be announced by the police in the uk.
    so when arsenal or man utd claim 60k & 75k, that is season tickets and tickets sold.
    the real figures are 55k and 60k as the police need to know exactly how many bums on seats (pun intended)
    i don't know if the NSW police publish the figures.
    uk figures are obtained from police data through the freedom of information act.

cider my arse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast