Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RA missed a huge opportunity that the NRL have taken at optus stadium

vCash
    Rugby Australia should have fixtured a 6 Nations game at Perth Stadium

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Im confused. What opportunity did RA miss? According to the majority of the members of TWF none of you would attend anything that RA promototed or supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    1. Refresh of board (only want those who will abide by the constitution)
    2. Return of IP to WA (the Black Swan is ours, the Sea-Of-Blue is ours)
    3. Western Australian rugby to be Wallaby eligible (through their incompetence rugby in Aus is hurting, allow a philanthropist to fix their failings and help contribute to rugby as a whole)

Minimum
    1. Still waiting on Board members to be kicked
    2. Still waiting on IP to be returned - Loaning it is a little too close to an alliance agreement
    3. RA have acknowledged that players in a Western Australian team will be eligible but are dragging their arse on letting a comp exist

Nothing would make me happier than to be a Wallaby supporter again but I still feel deeply betrayed, it will take some good will from RA side of things to change my feelings. All anyone in WA want is a board that cares for Rugby, its promotion and its growth. So far I havent seen that

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sounds to me like the bogan needs to be embraced, bums in seats equals good product equals sponsors/broadcast dollars and there might be more than me walking around in black jeans and DBs haha

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Leo agreed 100%. I have heard and read that WA players will be eligible for the Wallabies however I have not seen Castle state this in a press conference or press release.

I had this chat with Topo Rodriguez on the Roar over the weekend. It is astounding that the RA are treating these blokes this way. Even more petty if it is to get back at Alan Jones.

Cheika was bang out of line attacking Michael Lynagh who was just doing his job as a Sky panellist. I put the boot in to people online who were supporting Cheika over this.

2 days ago
    Bakkies said
    Topo has the RA realised that you would make a good coach?

REPORT COMMENT REPLY
    2 days ago
    Enrique TOPO Rodriguez said
    Hi Bakkies, thanks for your visionary and futuristic backing (at least in this blog).

Just to give you some answer, it appears that RA RA RA has not realised about my potential as a coach.
    That magic phone call has never eventuated since 1995 when I was Forwards Coach for the Australian Under 21’s. (they are not known for talent identification and development skills).

Maybe my funny weird accent is hard to understand and incompatible with the “selected personnel ‘inside the proverbial tent”: officialdom? – Or maybe I’m not a yes-man (I generally need to reason things in order to comprehend them? – Or maybe some may think I’m too old for the gig? – Who knows….? Either of the above, I’ve given up on that idea until somebody taps me on the shoulder…

Best regards,
    Enrique TOPO Rodriguez

REPORT COMMENT REPLY
    2 days ago
    Bakkies said
    Hi Topo good to see you back online telling it how it is.

It is absolutely astounding the wasted coaching experience out there in Australian Rugby and the provinces end up hiring P plate coaches like McKellar and Stiles from their car park. This restricts the options available for the Wallabies to replace Cheika who I believe should go after the RWC regardless of the result outcome. The Wallabies are looking for a scrum coach and they have yourself and Pato Noriega who could do the job.

You would be aware that Knox, Phil Mooney (former Reds and Aus under age coach) and Brian Smith are coaching at schools where they only play a handful of competitive games a year.

Campo now that he is back in Australia won’t get a call either.

Pat Howard was a highly rated coach at Leicester and his wasting his time with Cricket. With his qualifications the bloke doesn’t need the big dollars the ACB are paying him.

REPORT COMMENT REPLY
    2 days ago
    Enrique TOPO Rodriguez said
    Hi Bakkies,

Agree wholeheartedly. It is astounding indeed, and it defies any logic that a national sports body does not care for its own history, legacy, intellectual property, etc. I feel here in Australian Rugby there is a case of intra-generational discrimination manifested by animosity, conflict or even jealousy.

Believe it or not, the majority of players under Alan Jones (84-87) have been ‘minimally’ utilised for coaching postings or responsibilities (whether Wallabies, state selections, clubs or schools). Attention, I’m not saying (None) but a minimal percentage. I feel perhaps it is or was a vendetta against Alan Jones (and his boys?)

On the other hand, the percentage of players from 1995 onwards is much higher. Also participating in media and TV. Therefore, in my modest opinion perhaps ‘the Culture’ prevailing with those players is perceived as ‘different’. Truth be said the bases of rugby has changed very little. Its principles are the same. So, in terms of strategies, tactics and technique nobody has been disadvantaged from playing in the amateur era.

In fact, we were never intimidated by losing a salary or pay packet. We read it as it was and we were very frank with our assessments and corrections needed. I doubt these days when a coach looks for opinions not many will be put forward (coach hears what he wants to hear). Having the almighty dollar in your bank account or not moulds the attitude and sincerity of current players. There may be some exceptions…not many.

REPORT COMMENT REPLY
    22 hours ago
    Bakkies said
    Topo absolutely the RA have been ruined by bankers and marketing gurus for far too long.

The blokes with Rugby nous have been outnumbered by these ‘people’ who try to run it like a business than a sporting organisation.

On the topic of marketing they were willing to sacrifice their strongest Super Rugby team for the sake of keeping a side in a large market throwing dead money at it (money such as the $13 million write off).

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3