Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Western Force Memberships Open

vCash
    Member 1771, 1772, 1773 and 1774.

Lets make sure those pundits in the Eastern States see how many Rugby supporters are in WA. Lets try and outstrip those franchises....get on the train guys

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Some stuff I didn't know in there Kala.

I haven't really bought into the anti-Minderoo piss n moan, but you have certainly elaborated some strong reasons why it doesn't have any substance.

surely the commitment of a Billion dollars (if I read that correctly) is enough on its own.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    I dont really understand the whinging around that RugbyWA is providing services to Minderoo as a part of their partnership. Minderoo is doing so, so much for rugby in this state. The elephant in the room is that Twiggy has no obligation whatsoever to get involved but did so anyways. Lets look at some of the things Minderoo are bringing to the table.
    1 - Minderoo is sharing RugbyWA headquarters. This includes paying the rent on the facility which if i remember correctly is $360 000 a year. That is already over 10 times what any premier grade club is paying in team fees.
    2 - RugbyRoos. Minderoo is paying for the Western Force players to spend 350 hrs each towards development for 4yr olds to 12 yr olds to get into rugby and develop a life long passion for the game.
    3 - Future Force Foundation. Again another development program to take the most promising local playsrs and expose them to high performance pathways. Last i heard, a Future Force contract was worth about $40 000 a year per player. 30 players in the Future Force comes to a cost of $1.2 million for the year.
    4 - A direct cash injection into RugbyWA of $2 million to help them get back on their feet after Voluntary Administration.
    5 - Resurrecting the Western Force. Recruiting a new team ain't cheap.
    6 - Organising the World Series Rugby invitation matches. Again, it isnt cheap paying the appearance fees of these other teams to come to Perth.
    7 - Organising and Setting up the IPRC. Again, not a cheap thing to do.
    8 - Minderoo have committed to investing $100 million a year over 10 years into Rugby.

So before you piss and moan about where your $300 fees go, of which $115 goes to insurance leaving $185 for your club to operate and pay RugbyWA team rego fees, howabouts we actually recognize what Minderoo is trying to do for the whole rugby community. Also, before calling the new competition structure a disaster please remember this, the new structure allows for junior clubs to follow the senior clubs and play at the same grounds. Afterall, a replacement venue for Brittainia in Leederville has not been found or announced to my knowledge. Travelling with the senior club is a logical solution. Hiccups will occur but long term is a decent solution.

So, if RugbyWA providing a few contacts to Minderoo or doing some data entry or whatever is a huge issue for you, please keep in mind the hundreds of millions of dollars they are spending to benefit WA rugby into the future. It is certainly a much bigger contribution then a couple of forum commentators are making.
    Well said Kalahard. Twiggy is doing a massive job for rugby in WA. So are people like Hansie and Alison. I cannot believe the regular bitching and moaning that comes from a few of TWF regulars.

Champion
    vCash
    I was thinking the same! A few weeks ago we didn't even have the option of seeing our team again! I am eternally grateful to all involved and will embrace all that's coming with an open mind!!

vCash
    Well said, Kala. Without Minderoo, there would be no rugby of any kind right now except for in the schools and at junior level as RWA would have folded due to bankruptcy. Simple as that.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    1803/4/5/6 for my crew!!!

Keep those numbers rolling!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    No 1821 just now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sorry if people think I am negative by asking all the questions.. I am not negative at all I support the new generation of rugby here in WA.. I ask questions to get the correct answers.. from people who are at the cold face.. Its very hard to get good news in the bush.. My wife and I are over 100km to the nearest club in Narrogin.. Due to my work commitments It is not that easy to attend games.. I understand alot of you meet up at clubs over the weekends and disgust all the pros and cons of all thing rugby, I have supported the force since 2006 and wasa inaugural member with my wife.. I have only missed a few games in the history of the force.. over 500km round trip to games... I think Alison and all the TWF crew have done a great job

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Relax, Tonkar, the knives weren't out for you. My back is covered in 'em, but no one is prepared to admit they are Brutus by naming me.

Items 5,6,7 and 8 on Kalahard's list are a red herring in the context of the current discussion.

They represent what Twiggy does for Twiggy, and good luck, and good on him. I've said it before. There are benefits for us in what he has organised,we get to see quality games and get to say "up yours" to the ARU. A few amateur local clubs will occasionally get to field a few professional players when they have nothing better to do, and good luck to them too.

But none of this "belongs" to us, the punters, through our involvement in RugbyWA as the old Force did. It all belongs to Twiggy Forrest, he gets the well deserved credit, he says how, when, and where everything happens, if it is to happen. They are his players, his competition his Company. RugbyWA has no say whatsover, and by extension, neither do we.

As to Kala's other points, if Mindaroo is sharing the RugbyWA headquarters and are paying the rent, great. That's only fair, it's the Mindaroo players who will be using the greater part of the facilities, and the RugbyWA staff, all four of them, will be doing significant work for Mindaroo.

As for Rugbyroos, all I gather will happen is that professional players will be asked to do some work with juniors during the time Twiggy is paying them for anyway, and when he doesn't need them to do things for him. Great PR, like handing out free stuff as advertising, and getting a few extra bums on seats during his competitions games.

I would have thought the Future Force foundation would be an excellent (and relatively cheap) means for Twiggy to have a pool of talented players to call upon to fill holes in his team as and when they occur. And, despite Kala's assertion that the foundation players will receive significant stipends, only a few will do so, most will be their as a means to get noticed and fulfill their future aspirations.

And finally the $2,000,000 "Cash injection" into RugbyWA. If that's correct, then great.The inestimable Mr Forrest goes up even further in my estimation.

But forgive me if I wait until I see the audited accounts evidencing such payment, and an official acknowledgement from RugbyWA that it has been received, before I fall apart in rapture over the comments of an anonymous poster on a partisan fan site to that effect.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Well said, Kala. Without Minderoo, there would be no rugby of any kind right now except for in the schools and at junior level as RWA would have folded due to bankruptcy. Simple as that.
    Well Alison as a board member I find your remarks very disparidging
    Community rugby was around along time before the Force or the sea of blue and maybe even before you graced the hallways of rugby wa when the clubs run community rugby we had a great Comp administrated from memory by one person full time until the incompetence of the current regime got its mits on it so to say community rugby owes this lot anything is an insult to those past and present that give there time and resources for the love of the game not for a bitter and twisted group that can’t see through the forest
    There will be senior rugby in wa with or with out the chosen few
    Hope this doesn’t offend anyone as it is my opinion and should be seen by all agreeable or not

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    good to see the cynicism has not tempered in the past few years,Frank--keep that vino glass half empty,lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    Community rugby was around along time before the Force or the sea of blue and maybe even before you graced the hallways of rugby WA...
    Ken M, what bit of RugbyWA being in receivership and by definition club rugby in WA folding (as RA had zero interest in saving rugby in WA) don't you understand?

Christalmighty will you guys give it a rest with all them negative waves, you make me sick

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I am giving up on this site. It’s poisonous, full of some very sad, jealous and bitter people and a very unpleasant place to spend time.

Thanks for having me Coach.

Goodbye all.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    Community rugby was around along time before the Force or the sea of blue and maybe even before you graced the hallways of rugby wa when the clubs run community rugby we had a great Comp administrated from memory by one person full time until the incompetence of the current regime got its mits on it so to say community rugby owes this lot anything is an insult to those past and present that give there time and resources for the love of the game not for a bitter and twisted group that can’t see through the forest
    There will be senior rugby in wa with or with out the chosen few
    Hope this doesn’t offend anyone as it is my opinion and should be seen by all agreeable or not
    Umm.. as a club secretary some 20 years ago I sat in on a meeting where the young chap responsible for junior rugby stood up and asked the senior committee for a few dollars more than the $1500/year he was getting to wrangle his 4500 odd juniors. Maybe the current board places a bit more value on those 16 years and under, but this certainly has not always been the case.
    And the tone of the above message gives me the very strong impression the sport in WA is still dealing with jealousy, empire building and political gamesmanship.

..and yeah. You knew you weren't going to offend anyone.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I am giving up on this site. It’s poisonous, full of some very sad, jealous and bitter people and a very unpleasant place to spend time.

Thanks for having me Coach.

Goodbye all.
    Alison you are a super human who has gone above and beyond. Nevermind the minority the majority appreciate your efforts, passion and love for the game.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast