Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Western Force IP and brand,, Time to leave it behind and move forward..

vCash

The Western Force IP and brand,, Time to leave it behind and move forward..

I have been asking the question for a few weeks now on who holds the Western Force IP and Brand.. Well last night I finally got the answer and I am not happy with the outcome.. The IP and Brand is still owned by the RA and on a lease to Rugby WA with a right of Purchase.. ( Don't trust RA one bit) I think it is time to move forward and dump the name and brand Western Force.. I think moving towards a Perth included name like eg: Perth Force Name would be better, Until the West is completely stand alone from RA in the semi pro and Pro rugby era the RA will always dictate the terms and we will be at the mercy of the East Coast strong hold .. I am not sure that any player who returns to play IPRC for WA will even get a look in to Wallaby selection.. The RA will use it to rub salt into the wound even more.

I was of the understanding that the Senate Enquiry stated the IP was to be returned to WA .. I did not read that any conditions would be on the return of the IP ..

Please correct me if i am wrong..

Thanks open to hear all your thoughts..

I support IPRC I want Pro Rugby in WA .. But I want t without RA strings

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I was of the understanding that the Senate Enquiry stated the IP was to be returned to WA .. I did not read that any conditions would be on the return of the IP ..
    Ideally for a dollar.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Yes it is time to move on. Western what its a bit nowhere and they have never been a force.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
    Yes it is time to move on. Western what its a bit nowhere and they have never been a force.
    Western was to say that the team belonged to a region in the region based Super Rugby comp. Only the Rebels have called themselves under a city name.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Perth Pyrites for the NRC....gold and black

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I have been asking the question for a few weeks now on who holds the Western Force IP and Brand.. Well last night I finally got the answer and I am not happy with the outcome.. The IP and Brand is still owned by the RA and on a lease to Rugby WA with a right of Purchase.. ( Don't trust RA one bit) I think it is time to move forward and dump the name and brand Western Force.. I think moving towards a Perth included name like eg: Perth Force Name would be better, Until the West is completely stand alone from RA in the semi pro and Pro rugby era the RA will always dictate the terms and we will be at the mercy of the East Coast strong hold .. I am not sure that any player who returns to play IPRC for WA will even get a look in to Wallaby selection.. The RA will use it to rub salt into the wound even more.

Please correct me if i am wrong..

Thanks open to hear all your thoughts..

I support IPRC I want Pro Rugby in WA .. But I want t without RA strings
    Hi tonkar

I just wanted to provide you and others with some additional information.

If the desire is to have a Professional Team based in Western Australia, either as a part of Mr Forrests IPRC or the new and improved (if that is possible) Super Rugby competition. There will be RA involvement.

If the aim of our Professional Team based in Western Australia is to have a path for our looking for, wanting and deserving of representative honors in our National Team. That path way comes from Rugby Australia. This is why Mr Forrest, Hodgo and others are fighting Rugby Australia so hard on this very point.

If the IPRC wants World Rugby's tick of approval. That provides us with licensed and credentialed Referees. That Recognizes Caps or Games played. That Approval comes from the Local Affiliate of World Rugby that affiliate is Rugby Australia. A member of World Rugby since the inception of World Rugby in 1949.

RugbyWA is a Member of Rugby Australia. That is a fact. There is no way around that.

Whist I (and others dont have a lot of trust in the representatives of Rugby Australia at the moment. It does not change the facts that I have listed above.

I hope that this helps.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Tonkar did you ever get a follow up from the IRB?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I have been asking the question for a few weeks now on who holds the Western Force IP and Brand.. Well last night I finally got the answer and I am not happy with the outcome..

I take it you missed all these posts I've made repeatedly about this very subject.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Hi tonkar

I just wanted to provide you and others with some additional information.

If the desire is to have a Professional Team based in Western Australia, either as a part of Mr Forrests IPRC or the new and improved (if that is possible) Super Rugby competition. There will be RA involvement.

If the aim of our Professional Team based in Western Australia is to have a path for our looking for, wanting and deserving of representative honors in our National Team. That path way comes from Rugby Australia. This is why Mr Forrest, Hodgo and others are fighting Rugby Australia so hard on this very point.

If the IPRC wants World Rugby's tick of approval. That provides us with licensed and credentialed Referees. That Recognizes Caps or Games played. That Approval comes from the Local Affiliate of World Rugby that affiliate is Rugby Australia. A member of World Rugby since the inception of World Rugby in 1949.

RugbyWA is a Member of Rugby Australia. That is a fact. There is no way around that.

Whist I (and others dont have a lot of trust in the representatives of Rugby Australia at the moment. It does not change the facts that I have listed above.

I hope that this helps.
    EX` I do understand what you have said I have even had conversations with David Cariggy from World Rugby.. His response was this is a domestics problem.. My point in this post is that the RA are still playing with the minds of the people of WA and the board members of Rugby WA have taken a longtime to produce facts.. It would not matter how much the RA say they will sanction the comp or the team the selection of players will not happen .. The Other franchises and Member unions,, QLD rugby and NSW rugby will veto the show.. They are wanting to control Rugby in Australia.. Up until I found this out I was all for the wait for the RA to sign off on this comp .. But now I find that reading telastest from SANZAAR and Rugby OZ about looking at expanding the comp after 2020 into other markets Like the Pacific and Asia on the back of Twiggies hard work.. Up until Twiggy announcing his intentions SANZAAR had no interest in the Asian Market now they see the potential and want a slice of the pie... Read some of my other post back in from Oct and Nov 2017.. Re my phone calls to world rugby.. I actually shocked David Cariiggy with informing him of the Senate inquiry to which he had no knowledge of..

vCash
    Hi Tonkar,

Yes, the Senate Inquiry did make a (non-binding) recommendation about the IP. It said that the ARU should immediately “transfer” it to RugbyWA. I guess by giving us the right to use the IP and trademark, the ARU would say it had adopted that recommendation.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I take it you missed all these posts I've made repeatedly about this very subject.
    Sorry BnB I must have .. I had read so many that said it had been returned but none saying it was on a lease from RA .. Even the press release by Rugby Wa saying that it had been return but with no strings .. Now we have found out it has a big rope around its neck lol

Player
    vCash
    Now we have found out it has a big rope around its neck
    Maybe, but maybe not. It depends on the terms of the agreement, but if they were favourable it would effectively be the same as selling the IP but without the right to on-sell.

vCash
    Well, we can always call the team "Western Australia" and stick a State coat-of-arms on the jersey in the IPRC. Especially if the players are primarily local talent.

Last edited by chibi; 25-02-18 at 17:57.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Maybe, but maybe not. It depends on the terms of the agreement, but if they were favourable it would effectively be the same as selling the IP but without the right to on-sell.
    Steve RA has not set a buy back price.. The lease agreement is in stone but the final price has not been settled .. I have heard conflicting reports on this now.. Some one has mentioned 800k and the other is no set price..Again what do we believe.

Player
    vCash
    It took me time in the first few weeks to warm to the name the Force. I embraced and loved chanting it when we played.

What could we name the team if not the Force? The team is what I want if it’s not the force it has to be something with meaning. Similar logo etc someone said the other day the western Phoenix, quolls,

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast