Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 98

Thread: The Western Force IP and brand,, Time to leave it behind and move forward..

  1. #16
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,465
    vCash
    5104000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Western Force has been synonymous with Rugby in Western Australia since 2005. I simply cannot believe that anyone would want to throw the brand away.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #17
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    392000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I have a real problem.

    OK I have lots of problems.

    But on my left Shoulder Blade I have a tattoo of the Western Force logo. It has been there for 10 years. I am kind of attached to it.

    Is it possible that I am in trouble with that RA mob?

    Do I have to get rid of my Tattoo if we change the logo? Or the name?

    The mind boggles.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!”

  3. #18
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,077
    vCash
    16398000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I have a real problem.

    OK I have lots of problems.

    But on my left Shoulder Blade I have a tattoo of the Western Force logo. It has been there for 10 years. I am kind of attached to it.

    Is it possible that I am in trouble with that RA mob?

    Do I have to get rid of my Tattoo if we change the logo? Or the name?

    The mind boggles.
    It's OK Ex, they'll lease it to you if you need that.

    Or you could buy the rights for $800K you sold your apartment didn't you?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  4. #19
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    392000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It's OK Ex, they'll lease it to you if you need that.

    Or you could buy the rights for $800K you sold your apartment didn't you?
    jeeze GIGS how much money do you think I have?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!”

  5. #20
    Player UAUdiver1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mullaloo
    Posts
    360
    vCash
    5410000
    So much negativity and self destruction going on lately. We bonded like super glue after what the ARU did to us and in a couple of day of pure BS we are assassinating each other.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    304
    vCash
    5344000
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    So much negativity and self destruction going on lately. We bonded like super glue after what the ARU did to us and in a couple of day of pure BS we are assassinating each other.
    Stay strong folks, it's darkest just before the dawn. A helpful rule is "only react to criticism from people whose opinion you respect". It saves a lot of otherwise wasted energy.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #22
    Veteran beige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    5000000
    Is it any wonder when we can't even agree on whether "Western Force" should be a thing? We're literally arguing over the one reason we're all here.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,617
    vCash
    5136000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."
    (Just as Rugby Australia will smell as a Turd)
    It is only the team; the team's the thing...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #24
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    392000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I really dont give a shit about RA owning the IP.

    The fact is we are allowed to use it.

    Since 2006 the Western Force has been my team. I have cheered and cried for them.

    I refuse to let some dicks in Sydney - no not me - prevent me from supporting my team.

    Its the team I love, the logo I proudly have embedded in my skin and the name I recognise.

    Its our 13 year history and I am not going to give up on it.

    My Western Force

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!”

  10. #25
    Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    5440000
    I dont wanna lose The Western Force, the logo, the colours, any of it.

    It may only be 13 years... but thats only for now

    Andrews stickers captured it perfectly I Am The Western Force (WA collectively)

    This is my major concern of RA owning it, they're not exactly about the best interest to the game let alone to WA.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,617
    vCash
    5136000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I really dont give a shit about RA owning the IP.

    The fact is we are allowed to use it...
    I would agree up to a point. So long as the contract allowing use has been very clearly read and understood for what it actually is, not what is hoped or optimistically believed. Specifically, that not only can the team use it, they can do so in perpetuity, without any get out clauses or triggers for renegotiation, no means of suddenly increasing any rent or lease cost, etc, etc. But I bet we don't have that, otherwise they might as well have just transferred it. But they've held onto it, so there either is, or RA believes there is, a good reason they want to retain ownership of the name.

    After last year, that is enough for me. Use the name in the NRC if obliged to by the CBA, but if so my guess is that it will prove just another leash they have put on WA. I'd put money on it that come 2020, any ongoing involvement in thc NRC will be conditional on continuing to use the name. Ultimately, no-one would renovate or extend a place they are renting - all you are going to wind up with is eviction or higher rent. So why put money or worth into a brand you don't own? The IP was sold; either pay the price to get it back or move on. But you add value to it, even if it is only value to yourself, the price will only go up.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #27
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    392000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I would agree up to a point. So long as the contract allowing use has been very clearly read and understood for what it actually is, not what is hoped or optimistically believed. Specifically, that not only can the team use it, they can do so in perpetuity, without any get out clauses or triggers for renegotiation, no means of suddenly increasing any rent or lease cost, etc, etc. But I bet we don't have that, otherwise they might as well have just transferred it. But they've held onto it, so there either is, or RA believes there is, a good reason they want to retain ownership of the name.

    After last year, that is enough for me. Use the name in the NRC if obliged to by the CBA, but if so my guess is that it will prove just another leash they have put on WA. I'd put money on it that come 2020, any ongoing involvement in thc NRC will be conditional on continuing to use the name. Ultimately, no-one would renovate or extend a place they are renting - all you are going to wind up with is eviction or higher rent. So why put money or worth into a brand you don't own? The IP was sold; either pay the price to get it back or move on. But you add value to it, even if it is only value to yourself, the price will only go up.
    Andy I believe that RA are hanging on to the IP for no other reason than to try and pull 800k out of Mr Forrest and or RugbyWA.

    Soon enough - one side or the other will blink.

    I refuse to give up our history, we fought hard for it.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!”

  13. #28
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,617
    vCash
    5136000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    I understand the sentiment, but my observation is that there is nothing that would force RA to blink. They are in the position of owning a website someone wants...costs them nothing to own it, gets them nothing to give it away.

    If we really want it for nothing, we will need to create a situation where they are forced to hand it over. One certain thing, saying they should isn't going to do it and the more value pumped into the brand, the bigger the stick (or sticker) will need to be.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 26-02-18 at 12:41.

  14. #29
    Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    271
    vCash
    5124000
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I refuse to give up our history, we fought hard for it.
    RA put a bullet in the history.

    It seems the most they're gonna allow is for the "Western Force" name to be on loan (e.g. for the NRC).

    They're not going to just give it back as a token of good will, like it or not.

    Hell, the RA would take away the IP of the remaining Supe teams as well if they could. Even that of the Tahs, who had to downsize their admin recently to stay free from the clutches of Brett Robinson's cronies.

    If the name is only going to be used on loan for the NRC (as run by RA), well, it might be okay to go along with that shit sandwich.

    The history at least survives in a token form.

    Comparatively little should be invested from WA into the NRC. Just keep using it as a development comp while it lasts.

    Not one red cent should be spent rebuilding the brand owned by RA, IMO.

    The focus should be on the new Perth pro team they don't have claws in. If that name is the Perth Force, then all good.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    357
    vCash
    5000000
    I agree with most of the comments above. There is no point establishing a history, ethos, an identity and most importantly shared memories, all under the guise of the Western Force to then throw that out and re-brand with an entirely new name etc. Some tinkering around the edges is fine, but the roots now firmly established should not be ripped from the ground.

    Great sporting clubs and their importance to the communities in which they are embedded, are built on tradition and the bonds established through sharing the highs and lows on and off the field, the victories and the defeats.

    We are known as The Force, we play in Blue and Black and we carry the black swan logo over our hearts.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brand new Western Force jacket
    By WFDom in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-14, 13:55
  2. Western Force look forward to home run
    By PeterM in forum Western Force
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-13, 11:00
  3. 'I'm looking forward to getting some game time with the Marlins'
    By travelling_gerry in forum Willie Ripia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-11, 03:06
  4. Time for Force to move into new era
    By travelling_gerry in forum Cameron Shepherd
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-06-11, 09:42
  5. From PerthNow: Giteau confirms he will leave Western Force
    By TraceTrace in forum Western Force
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 21-02-09, 18:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •