Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future SANZAAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    The following is fiction and bears no similarity to real events;

"Ring Ring.....Ring Ring"

John E: "Hello john here"

Raelene: "Kiora John....it's Rae Rae from Rugby Australia. I have some exciting news for you on the future of Rugby and your opportunity to be part of this exciting new dawn. Yes..Project Fleece Twiggy.....oops...sorry John I'm looking at the wrong screen, just let me open the right file....yes....I mean Super Dooper Super Rugby 2020" its very exciting, our consultants say its the way of the future, Elon Musk is even onboard....well I'm not sure where he fits into the picture....but it's ELON MUSK! Our RA board is VERY excited!

John E: "Really, well of course were listening"

Raelene: "Yes...well John we at RA are very excited about Project Fleece......sorry I mean Super Dooper Super Rugby 2020 and to secure your place in it all we need is Rugby WA's commitment to be part of this exciting opportunity".

John E: "Well of course Rae Rae, we've always just wanted a seat at the table. To be part of the wider Australian Rugby community"

Raelene: "Excellent John.....excellent. Great to have you on board bro. Now of course when I say commitment I mean I need you to make me believe John....really believe Rugby WA and the Force want to be part of this. There are a lot of interested parties John, competing bids. NSW are very keen on a second team based out of Gunnedah and they have put in a particularly strong bid John. I can only hold them off for so long, I'd hate to see you miss out. I need that commitment John.

John E: "Rae of course were interested but we need some further detail before committing"

Raelene: "Of course John...how silly of me, the details. The details, are Commonwealth Bank.....BSB 066124.....sorry John can you hold on for a second someones talking in the background. What's that Cameron....I'm on the phone to John.....$50 Million for the bid you say......OK I'll let John know".

Raelene: "Hello John....I'm back......hello.....John can you hear me......John.......JOOOHHHHHHNNNNNNNN!
    Nice work.

RA seem to think we are all gullible idiots here in the West. Well Raelene, your comments are attrocious so you and the dirty mongrels on the board, do us all a favour and just F%$K OFF, please.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So, have I got this right ....

If we are good Dawn French and Rats Arse just might let us bid for a spot in their comp, along with anyone else who wants to play. They then enter all the details of every bid into a great big spreadsheet which will spit out the winner in a reasonable time frame, say 48-72 hours.

Sounds fine to me, let's do it!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydemon View Post

If we are good Dawn French and Rats Arse just might let us bid for a spot in their comp, along with anyone else who wants to play. They then enter all the details of every bid into a great big spreadsheet which will spit out the winner in a reasonable time frame, say 48-72 hours.

Dawn French, ha ha - pay that (cracked me up)!

It's no coincidence that Enemy starts with an 'E' - secession's looking good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydemon View Post

Will we have another senate inquiry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UkCol View Post
    Dawn French, ha ha - pay that (cracked me up)!
    Although I called her Dawn French from the first time I saw her I believe that someone else beat me to print by several,weeks so I can't claim credit. The same is true, I think, of 'Nessa' (Ruth Jones from Gavin and Stacey).

Slightly nicer names than her predecessor copped 😀

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Waratahs boss Andrew Hore welcomed that initiative but said NSW had already started down the track of exploring the future of rugby in Australia.

“We felt it was important we play a prominent role in this,” said Hore. “We’re defining our position but we’re still at the preliminary stage. We’ll be discussing this at our board meeting next week.”
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

For the Heartland Unions, the "future of rugby in Australia" is the future of rugby in NSW and QLD.

For NSW, it is all about establishing the primacy of the Shute Shield competition and preserving the exclusive dominance of the Heartland Unions.

The Heartland Unions don't give a stuff about anyone south of the Murray River and west of longitude 129 E.
    Having got rid of professional rugby union in WA, they are not going to let it back into WA without one heck of a fight.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Having got rid of professional rugby union in WA, they are not going to let it back into WA without one heck of a fight.
    Nearly, they will let it back in if it's required to secure a place in any new competition (say trans Tasman series once SA bugger off to Europe) but will dump it again in a heartbeat if necessary to secure their place in said competition.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

For the Heartland Unions, the "future of rugby in Australia" is the future of rugby in NSW and QLD.

For NSW, it is all about establishing the primacy of the Shute Shield competition and preserving the exclusive dominance of the Heartland Unions.

The Heartland Unions don't give a stuff about anyone south of the Murray River and west of longitude 129 E.
    Just remember that the above NSW and QLD are also the history or Australian rugby and look at the bloody mess Australian rugby is in at present.. Over 100 yrs of history and they still can't run a profitable organisation lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2