Poll: Should the Force Play a Match Versus the Rebels?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Should the Force Play a Match Versus The Rebels?

vCash
    Jono Lance is with the Reds, not the Rebs, I think?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Jono Lance is with the Reds, not the Rebs, I think?
    Agree.
    But that's because he knew that JD was the preference at 10.
    I thought Jono played the house down in the UK.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Be interesting to see if any of the planned friendly fixtures against super teams, if the strongest teams are sent to play us or reserve squads.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Be interesting to see if any of the planned friendly fixtures against super teams, if the strongest teams are sent to play us or reserve squads.
    If played in June Test window, they will never be the strongest teams as the Wallabies will be out. Only the Internationals would be the A Teams.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Interesting analogy.

In time that is indeed a worthy aim and something to hope for. But having literally just come out of an acrimonious break-up where they took everything including the house and dog, and just as we are trying to get together with someone new, would it really be normal that one of the first things we do is throw a party for our ex and their new partner? I mean, we are just trying to show how well we are doing, right? That is why we are dressing up and making a fuss, absolutely no warning signs there...everyone stays besties with their ex and the one they were cheating on us with, don't they? No possible chance there is anything else going on, perfectly healthy. Completely normal first date, nothing for the new love interest to worry about at all; they'll probably just find our maturity real impressive and sexy.

If your kid or a sibling behaved like that, you'd seriously have no concerns...?
    This analogy is getting deep!

All I mean is that bitterness does us no favours. It doesn't change the past. When we make decisions the question we should ask ourselves is: Is this good for the Force? Nothing else really matters. Is playing a game to prepare our squad for the NRC and IPRC? Yes. Perhaps if it were a choice between the Rebels and someone else it would be a different matter. Personally, it might not be a bad idea to maintain links with pur former brethren now at the Rebels. Might make it easier to rip them back over here.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Interesting analogy.

In time that is indeed a worthy aim and something to hope for. But having literally just come out of an acrimonious break-up where they took everything including the house and dog, and just as we are trying to get together with someone new, would it really be normal that one of the first things we do is throw a party for our ex and their new partner? I mean, we are just trying to show how well we are doing, right? That is why we are dressing up and making a fuss, absolutely no warning signs there...everyone stays besties with their ex and the one they were cheating on us with, don't they? No possible chance there is anything else going on, perfectly healthy. Completely normal first date, nothing for the new love interest to worry about at all; they'll probably just find our maturity real impressive and sexy.

If your kid or a sibling behaved like that, you'd seriously have no concerns...?
    But if that party is being thrown by your new Multi Millionaire Father in Law to show off his new toys, why not

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    All I mean is that bitterness does us no favours.
    If there had been a proper, open and accountable process, if the ARU hadn't colluded with the VRU and MRRU, if there hadn't been dubious conduct by officers and representatives (including lying to a Senate inquiry), if the Rebels hadn't cleaned out their list in anticipation of an influx of players, even if RA came out now and said "we goofed, we shouldn't have done it, apologies" I might be willing to move on.

Until then (to continue the analogy) you are encouraging an abused spouse to go back for more for the sake of the kids.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SteveWA; 23-02-18 at 10:29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    If there had been a proper, open and accountable process, if the ARU hadn't colluded with the VRU and MRRU, if there hadn't been dubious conduct by officers and representatives (including lying to a Senate inquiry), if the Rebels hadn't cleaned out their list in anticipation of an influx of players, even if RA came out now and said "we goofed, we shouldn't have done it, apologies" I might be willing to move on.

Until then (to continue the analogy) you are encouraging an abused spouse to go back for more for the sake of the kids.
    No, the kids have been adopted out until the divorce is finalised and they can come home to Mummy

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Is this good for the Force?
    And that is exactly my point. Regardless of how we may or may not feel, is it good for the Force? As TiF noted on the other thread, "The Force" is now specifically the IPRC team. So when one of the major sticking points in RA approving the IPRC is it lasting more that a couple of years, and RA has suddenly rediscovered the possible attraction of expansion, and are publicly stating that they've given an undertaking to "The Force" that they will be given the chance to bid to rejoin SR, giving the clear implication that such an undertaking was both asked for and welcomed, that is the moment when "The Force" starts cosying up to the other Australian SR teams and organising friendlies against them? What is the visual on that for someone outside Australian rugby - does it give the impression of a deep committment to the IPRC as an enduring competition? It certainly makes me wonder, and I'm not even someone being asked to put faith in the competition or money on the line. They seem pretty obvious questions, that have been raised before now with less obvious cause...are they in the best interests of the Force?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    No, the kids have been adopted out until the divorce is finalised and they can come home to Mummy
    Yeah the kids are with the abusive ex's new partner who the abusive ex had been planning to hang with long before the divorce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Yeah the kids are with the abusive ex's new partner who the abusive ex had been planning to hang with long before the divorce
    Yes; the new partner was definitely not the abusive ex-partner's partner at the time the new partner got the gig. The abusive ex was still honestly evaluating which party was to become the long term partner at that time. It all depended on whether the ex could wiggle out of a solemn vow made to the party who was the current partner - at that time. BUT; the new partner is definitely the long-term partner now. Subject to change at any time of course. No bullshit.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post

I would say that I am encouraging an abused spouse to attend a single mediation session in order to support a cleaner break in future and increase the chance of maximum custody of the kids.

AndyS makes a good point about some interesting changes in language. Given a choice, I'd prefer IPRC than readmission into Super Rugby. Given a choice, I'd prefer readmission into Super Rugby over nothing. Given the costs associated with setting up a new competition, I sincerely doubt the IPRC will be set up as a stop-gap measure.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    I would say that I am encouraging an abused spouse to attend a single mediation session in order to support a cleaner break in future and increase the chance of maximum custody of the kids.
    With a mediator who was part of the abuse.

Let me be blunt - I would be happy to support a Force game against the Rebels if organised by The Force. I absolutely refuse to endorse (in any way) the legitimacy of the events of last year. And, in my opinion, accepting an invite for corporate hospitality from the Rebels at a Super Rugby game does just that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I sincerely doubt the IPRC will be set up as a stop-gap measure.
    That is precisely what RA are trying to make happen.

vCash
    .....and the kids are being interfered with while away from Mummy.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast