Poll: Should the Force Play a Match Versus the Rebels?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Force Play a Match Versus The Rebels?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Yes or No?
    Can you add a "Piss Off" option?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    IF this game was an inititive of Minderoo as part of the preparation of building a team to help provide some players for the NRC and in preparation for IPRC in 2019.......

ABSOLUTELY!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes. And I would go to the match if I was in Perth.

We are bigger than bitterness. We don't want to be the jaded ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. We want to be the transformed hottie that does not care what the others do/did and are happy with how things are going for us. We want to be big enough that the Rebels are just another team. Given the choice of flexing the Western Force's muscles against a Super Rugby team, I would take that choice. Whether it is the Rebels or someone else- no matter.

It is what is best for WA rugby.

I agree 100%

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    please tell me out of all the teams why would we play them and NO i wouldnt go

vCash
    begrudgingly.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes. And I would go to the match if I was in Perth.

We are bigger than bitterness. We don't want to be the jaded ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. We want to be the transformed hottie that does not care what the others do/did and are happy with how things are going for us. We want to be big enough that the Rebels are just another team. Given the choice of flexing the Western Force's muscles against a Super Rugby team, I would take that choice. Whether it is the Rebels or someone else- no matter.

It is what is best for WA rugby.
    Interesting analogy.

In time that is indeed a worthy aim and something to hope for. But having literally just come out of an acrimonious break-up where they took everything including the house and dog, and just as we are trying to get together with someone new, would it really be normal that one of the first things we do is throw a party for our ex and their new partner? I mean, we are just trying to show how well we are doing, right? That is why we are dressing up and making a fuss, absolutely no warning signs there...everyone stays besties with their ex and the one they were cheating on us with, don't they? No possible chance there is anything else going on, perfectly healthy. Completely normal first date, nothing for the new love interest to worry about at all; they'll probably just find our maturity real impressive and sexy.

If your kid or a sibling behaved like that, you'd seriously have no concerns...?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 22-02-18 at 19:26.

vCash
    Im not saying I wouldnt attend. I will become a member like usual and if this is one of the games included I would begrudgingly go (if in Perth) but if there is any choice, not the Rebels, not this year.

I voted no especially for this year and maybe next.

How does RA think its going to reconcile with WA fans by parading the team they stole in front of them

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'm morally a big no! Quite frankly I reckon the rebels will turn up with their absolute b grade side. Most of the ex WA lads will be selected for the Wallabies and the other regular starters will be given a rest with the bullshit excuse fed to us that they have niggling injuries so can't travel. Why entertain the thought?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Interesting analogy.

In time that is indeed a worthy aim and something to hope for. But having literally just come out of an acrimonious break-up where they took everything including the house and dog, and just as we are trying to get together with someone new, would it really be normal that one of the first things we do is throw a party for our ex and their new partner? I mean, we are just trying to show how well we are doing, right? That is why we are dressing up and making a fuss, absolutely no warning signs there...everyone stays besties with their ex and the one they were cheating on us with, don't they? No possible chance there is anything else going on, perfectly healthy. Completely normal first date, nothing for the new love interest to worry about at all; they'll probably just find our maturity real impressive and sexy.

If your kid or a sibling behaved like that, you'd seriously have no concerns...?

Interesting Analogy.

I am curious about something.

We are talking about Professional Sportsman. Whose team was no longer permitted to participate in a competition.

They all earn their money by competing in their chosen sport. What team is the acceptable option for them to sign with?

If they all signed with the Waratahs would that have made it alright? Or would we than have to hate to Waratahs (more than we already do)?

If they all signed with the Sunwolves?

Should they have all moved to Europe?

What were they supposed to do? Sit outside cafes in Subiaco for the next 12 months sipping lattes and saying remember when we kicked the shit out of the Tahs in 2017 43-10 and Hodgo kicked that last penalty?

If something Changes in 2020-21 and we want all of "our players" to come back to us. Shouldnt we show them some support whilst they are away. Why would they want to come back to us if we start to treat them like crap?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If something Changes in 2020-21 and we want all of "our players" to come back to us. Shouldnt we show them some support whilst they are away.
    No.

In fact if the Rebels were to lose every game between now and the end of the TV deal that would make me pretty happy.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    We are talking about Professional Sportsman. Whose team was no longer permitted to participate in a competition.
    No, we are talking about a team and it's supporters, an organisation that f***ed it over, the layabout waste of space team they favoured in its place and our other prospective partners who must be backing out of the room thinking we have proper issues the way we keep chasing after them.

The players involved are an irrelevance. I supported a team. I supported the players that played for that team, because they played for that team. I even managed to support Matt Dunning and Tatafu Poloto-Nau, something I would have found genuinely unimaginable a year prior. And it wouldn't have happened without the team.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Interesting Analogy.

I am curious about something.

They all earn their money by competing in their chosen sport. What team is the acceptable option for them to sign with?

If they all signed with the Waratahs would that have made it alright? Or would we than have to hate to Waratahs (more than we already do)?

If they all signed with the Sunwolves?

Should they have all moved to Europe?

What were they supposed to do? Sit outside cafes in Subiaco for the next 12 months sipping lattes and saying remember when we kicked the shit out of the Tahs in 2017 43-10 and Hodgo kicked that last penalty?

If something Changes in 2020-21 and we want all of "our players" to come back to us. Shouldnt we show them some support whilst they are away. Why would they want to come back to us if we start to treat them like crap?
    I think the point is that the Super Rugby cull was a two man race.....the Force and the Rebels. It is the fact that the majority of our players then relocated to the team we were in the crosshairs with is what makes it so disagreeable. No one is proposing that we treat any of our former players like crap, I don't know where you get that idea from. But by the same token we also don't need to be a vocal and active supporter of the Rebels in the interim just because half the team is ex-Force players. They are now Rebel players by accident or design.
    Whilst we may still support and admire certain players in the end it is the team, our team the Force we support.

When and if the time comes that some or all of our ex-players choose to return to whatever professional side rises out of the ashes here in WA they will or course be treated as they always were, with admiration and respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    No. In fact if the Rebels were to lose every game between now and the end of the TV deal that would make me pretty happy.
    +1 I would actively seek ways in which I could help them lose more games than they play. It's got nothing to do with the players. I just hate the team. I hate the rebels even more that the hatred I have for the tahs.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Call me tragic but I feel smited in a big way! The first game to rub salt into the wound is tomorrow my B’day! 😳
    That’s just shite timing.ill be watching reruns of last years tahs game till tv stops working I think.

As for playing the rebels it seems to soon and not sure how I feel about it with all the x players in the side.

vCash
    The Brumbies were the team we struggled to beat.
    The Reds became our bunnies. Loved that 1st win at Suncorp.
    The Tahs were always the most joy to beat just as they had so many prima donnas playing for them who not only lost for the Tahs but were also behind many of the Wallabies' losses. Enjoyed Michael Foley's W:L record against the Tahs. How fantastic was Round 17 last year!!
    The Rebels were the most frustrating team as we always had the team to beat them but we found it so hard. Was it 4W wins from 12 encounters?? Melbourne's my home town so it was always a good excuse to fly over but I don't think that I ever saw a win there!

Would gladly watch the Rebs in Perth as have enjoyed the efforts of so many of our lads who have joined the Rebs.
    I hope that all 12 WF players get lots of game time and they are constantly let down by their Reb team mates.
    Would be great to have some of them return home for the IPRC in 2019 and beyond.

PS Can't believe that the Rebs have brought back Jack Debreczeni in preference to Jono Lance as I don't rate JD - softest big bloke in the game - actively avoids contact. Poor choice by somebody as Jono would outplay him every game. Loved his 60m try against Tahs in Round 17 last year when Hooper put in little more than a token effort to run him down (Jono's not that fast!).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast