Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: OH MY, OH MY!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the case everywhere, but with sales falling and advertising income crashing, some news outlets have been cutting their staff to the bone and journalists simply don't have time to do much more than regurgitate press releases.
    Actually, my recollection was that they were pretty much just regurgitating the content of the RWA letter to members. My assumption was that was actually written by RA for RWA to release, but that might be optimistic...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just listened to this podcast with Jeremy Paul no. 39

https://www.blog.pickstar.com.au/off-field

0-36 mins he talks about his upbringing in NZ and Aus, mateship in the squads, the stuff they got away with on tours under Macqueen and Eddie Jones. After that he puts the boot in to John O'Neill, the lack of planning about the development of the game, talks about why the Force should have stayed and the importance of Twiggy's capital, the reckless spending at the Sydney clubs (Norths have said their Rugby program would cost 500k that would pay off the bulk of Rugby WA's IP bill) how bad things are at Penrith (too hard basket for the NSWRU) and what went on with Nucifora losing his job at the Brumbies. He is probably the only one from that era has put out his neck. The rest are either employees as coaches, on boards, working for partners of the RA as commentators or pushing for board nominations.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 27-02-18 at 20:46.
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Typical NSW

Stadium rebuild ‘too small for rugby Tests’
    NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres. Picture: AAP
    NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres. Picture: AAP
    The Australian12:00AM February 28, 2018
    Save
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on email
    Share more...
    ANDREW CLENNELL
    NSW POLITICAL EDITORSydney
    @aclennell

The original $705 million plan of NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres for the knockdown and rebuild of Allianz Stadium drawn up by KPMG included playing field dimensions not big enough for an international rugby match.

The gaffe is just one reason the proposed cost of the new Sydney Football Stadium will blow out once the final business case done by Infrastructure NSW is presented to government within days.

Government MPs say they are being bombarded with complaints about the $2.5 billion-plus the government has promised to spend on Sydney stadiums, after Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Mr Ayres last year announced $705m for an Allianz knockdown and rebuild at Moore Park and $1.25bn for the knockdown and rebuild of ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park.

The costs come on top of more than $300m spent on the new Parramatta Stadium and $200m spent buying ANZ Stadium from the private sector.

The Australian has revealed that Cricket NSW, despite repeated promises it would not have to move, was recently told the designs of Allianz Stadium had changed and their headquarters and training facilities at the SCG would now need to be demolished.

The government is rumoured to be considering a windback of the policy, but colleagues of Mr Ayres are speculating that any such windback was likely to risk the future of the minister, as his position would be viewed as untenable.

The head of the Department of Premier and Cabinet, Tim Riordan, is now investigating whether a leak of the strategic business case for Allianz prepared by KPMG, to The Daily Telegraph yesterday, came from Mr Ayres.

Mr Ayres denied to the Premier’s office yesterday that he leaked the story, which was favourable to Mr Ayres’s position, and emerged after The Australian asked his office questions about the KPMG report and that Infrastructure NSW was not involved when the minister presented the $705m figure to the public.

The KPMG strategic business case will be superseded by the INSW final business case going to cabinet, which is expected to show a blowout in the original $705m estimate — potentially by hundreds of millions.

One Liberal MP said yesterday his constituents had made it clear to him they were not in favour of the policy.

“They could probably live with one stadium; they can’t cop two,” the MP said.

“Whatever project (where) we say ‘no, we can’t afford to’, they’re saying ‘but you can afford $2.5 billion on stadiums’.”

Coffs Harbour Nationals MP Andrew Fraser said: “We’re getting a lot of comments in relation to it from people around the place.” Liberal MP for Davidson Jonathan O’Dea said: “I’m playing a team game but there’s no doubt there’s mixed feedback.’’

Upper house Liberal MP Matthew Mason-Cox said: “Everywhere I go, people raise the $2.5bn stadia spend with me. There are more pressing priorities for the NSW government such as the 55,000 children and their families being abandoned by our child protection system every year.”

One MP even described the way Ms Berejiklian and Mr Ayres had handled the matter as similar to how former premier Mike Baird handled the “greyhound ban issue”, in not taking it to the partyroom first.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Oh how I wish we could get back to arguing about whether our professional team's number [insert any number from 1 to 23 here] is better than the bloke wearing that number for the Wallabies.

A guy and gream right?
    Hooray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Hooray
    Good point, so who reckons we still have the strongest back row in the country?

C'mon the

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11