Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: OH MY, OH MY!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    IP is with RugbyWA. Loaned/leased/lent/licensed to Minderoo.
    Was that Alison idea Hansie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    God help us and Rugby in Aussie after switching of after half time what a rubbish product another long season for RA
    It was dire. Almost as bad as the voice on the female commentator. That was like fingernails on a blackboard.

vCash
    Didn't see the match. People will say that the Rabble had a big one but looking at that Reds pack with a red card to their second most experienced forward in Higginbotham you could say they cashed in on inexperience and facing seven men for 72 minutes.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Apprentice
    vCash
    IP is with RugbyWA. Loaned/leased/lent/licensed to Minderoo.
    Hansie, thanks for the clarification

Champion
    vCash
    You will remember a while back RA put the same value on the I.P. if we wanted it back as what they paid for it. We said - So you get a brand spanking high quality car, trash it, bash it and pull it off the road and expect the same???

While we still haggle, they have agreed to hand it back to RugbyWA, who in turn have passed it on to Minderoo to use for team, building, marketing, etc etc. Our feeling is that after some time and once a new management team is in place at RA, they will come to their senses and give it back to us.

vCash
    I understand that to mean that they haven't given the IP back to RugbyWA, they've just committed to do so.

Based upon all their other commitments, forgive me for being sceptical

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I understand that to mean that they haven't given the IP back to RugbyWA, they've just committed to do so.

Based upon all their other commitments, forgive me for being sceptical
    Agreed wouldn't trust them as far you could throw them.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Alison's role will be to appraise the board on fan engagement, keep fan expectations on the agenda and represent a major stakeholder. Alison's forensic examination of the ARU's accounts over the past number of years also provides the board with two aspects - 1 to make sure we keep our house in order and 2 we have someone who can question RA's annual reports. Even though we have had our team wrenched unfairly from us, we are still a member of the Australian Union and have a single voice to express.
    An absolutely outrageous set of circumstances.

Hansie drowning in the sea of blue....... and then he wakes up and finds out it's just a puddle of blue!

Nepotism is alive and well.

We've determined so far that the so-called sea of blue is comprised of Alison, some old lady and a guy who wears sparkly lights. Hardly a representative group.

If you want someone to examine the aru's books hire an accountant for 3 hours. A feeble excuse as criteria for a Board member.

There's no way the club's will support this and no way this could be sold to them. As I said, Outrageous. It's akin to Tony Abbott conferring a knighthood on Prince Philip.

This ain't going away.

vCash
    Would like congratulate Tim North on be re-elected as the VRU President.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You will remember a while back RA put the same value on the I.P. if we wanted it back as what they paid for it. We said - So you get a brand spanking high quality car, trash it, bash it and pull it off the road and expect the same???

While we still haggle, they have agreed to hand it back to RugbyWA, who in turn have passed it on to Minderoo to use for team, building, marketing, etc etc. Our feeling is that after some time and once a new management team is in place at RA, they will come to their senses and give it back to us.
    Hang on, What?

So we dont have our IP, we can just use it? Sounds eerily like a license we once had that we could use and then suddenly GONE.

This is ludicrous. So who is paying the fee to Nib stadium? Who gets the proceeds of any Merchandise?

Haggle, from a "trash it, bash it and pull it off the road" worthless IP to a brand Minderoo and WA will promote and make it "a brand spanking high quality car" then we will pay top dollar to those who killed it. So when the IPRC takes off RA still have us by the balls.

Anyone else see whats wrong here. We have paid not just finacially, to the bloody RA and they still want more. They used this in the media to promote themselves of finally being somewhat fair and it was all a sham.

All I can say is WTF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    An absolutely outrageous set of circumstances.

Hansie drowning in the sea of blue....... and then he wakes up and finds out it's just a puddle of blue!

Nepotism is alive and well.

We've determined so far that the so-called sea of blue is comprised of Alison, some old lady and a guy who wears sparkly lights. Hardly a representative group.

If you want someone to examine the aru's books hire an accountant for 3 hours. A feeble excuse as criteria for a Board member.

There's no way the club's will support this and no way this could be sold to them. As I said, Outrageous. It's akin to Tony Abbott conferring a knighthood on Prince Philip.

This ain't going away.
    I’d be happy to meet with you to chat. PM me your contact details and let’s set a date.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash

Sorry Hansie, but unless I'm reading it wrong, it feels like WA are being taken for suckers again here. Why invest money in building on a name if you don't own it?

Okay, as much as I like the NRC, the team names used there aren't so critical (call it the Spirit, Force ... even the pigs if you have to) because the NRC is a development comp with relatively modest investments from the teams.

But if the Minderoo investment is going to be tens of millions (or even $100m over time) with a much bigger profile, surely they would have to use IP and team name(s) they fully own?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Perth Force - IP owned by Minderoo is the name which will be used in the IPRC, teams with a city based identity.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Perth Force - IP owned by Minderoo is the name which will be used in the IPRC, teams with a city based identity.
    Alright. If that's the case then

It didn't seem clear when there was talk of "haggle" over IP and it being "passed on to Minderoo".

If it's haggle over the NRC name, then it's still an issue but a smaller one.

Last edited by Kiap; 24-02-18 at 10:08.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I’d be happy to meet with you to chat. PM me your contact details and let’s set a date.
    You really don't expect Darkness to reveal himself do you, but good on you for trying.

Congrats on the appointment too, I'm sure you will make a valuable contribution to Rugby in WA as you have done in the past, despite what a few may have to say to the contrary

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast