Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: OH MY, OH MY!

Player
    vCash
    An assumption is two thirds of a stuff up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I am about to make a lot of assumptions
    Assume makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Just sayin'

vCash
    Enough of the Alison bashing..we have had enough negativity this past 12 months. Time to move on.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Assume makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Just sayin'
    And as I said in my post. IF I have made an ASS. I will apologise.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Despite that Hansie John was invited because he is RugbyWA CEO and he would have interacted with various MRRU and VRU board members including a person who admitted in his own evidence to the Senate Enquiry that the RugbyWA agreement "somehow" ended up on a table at a meeting, although no one knows how, and his PA then photocopied the agreement! The VRU and MRRU board were involved in what happened to the Force and I would not trust them at all. I say no "line in the sand" until Cameron Clyne and those people on the MRRU and VRU boards go!
    Agreed 100%.

Club infighting and politicking rows got the game in trouble in the first place. I posted on the Roar in a comment a long time ago that Rugby's biggest problem is from within. Fighting turf wars for no further overall gain.

Very few boards have a supporters group representative to put forward opinions of the people. Instead it is a cut and paste reply from an admin person who is not qualified to answer. Vary rarely would you get to converse with a representative online or through other mediums. Embrace it instead of bring up Sydney style us against them attitudes that belong and stay in the 80s.

Infighting is not going to bring autonomy. Rugby WA have the opportunity to start from scratch completely personnel and structure wise.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Looks like Joseph Goebbels is moderating this website now.

vCash
    I would like to congratulate Alison on her appointment to the Board of RugbyWA.

But I cant.

Let me explain.

I am about to make a lot of assumptions - if these assumptions are wrong I will offer an immediate apology to Alison.

Alison is a very vocal, card carrying member of the Western Force and, if you take a look at the Sea of Blue Facebook page the nominated leader of the Sea of Blue. According to
    and also said

If this was the Minderoo run Western Force board. I think it would be an inspired idea to appoint Alison and allow her represent the Sea of Blue and have a say in things.

But as clearly stated above by Hansie.

Here are my assumptions. I assume that Alison does not have a background in Sports Science or Sports Management. So would be unable to assist with the managing of the High Performance Academy.

Here is a big assumption. I am also assuming that Alison is not a member of a Club/Community Rugby side nor has been to many Club/Community Rugby matches.

This assumption goes on to assume that Alison has never attended Club/Community Rugby training. Helped set up for game day, cooked a sausage, sold a beer or a raffle ticket. Stood out in the rain for 5 hours to watch 4th grade than third grade, second grade and the First grade side run out to play and yelled herself horse for her team. Has Alison ever stood and formed the tunnel to cheer each of those teams on to the ground. Has Alison sung the Club Song along with the players and supporters after a win and then attended Speeches at the end of the day?

A big assumption isn't it. Like I said before, if I am wrong. I do and will humbly apologise.

The point I am trying to make is that being a representative of Club and Community Rugby there are hundreds of better qualified people living in and around Perth. Assuming my assumptions are correct.

Alison I hope that you understand the massive honor you have been given to represent RugbyWA. I hope that you go and watch many Club Rugby Matches this year. I hope that you get to experience what people like Fulvio, Westie, Darkness and others of TWF (including myself) week in and week out. I also hope that you show some respect for the hard working volunteers that do an awesome job for their clubs year after year.

Alison, I will admit. I am very jealous of your appointment. I wish you every success.
    I spose we appoint darkness or someone in a or the purple circle to be the rep of Sea of Blue (of which I include you and any one who cheers on our Western Australian side) you know those obviously born to the sport or what ever. This elitist shit can fuck right off.

Sorry my daddy didnt play, sorry my family couldnt afford private school, sorry in other people's circumstances they may of immigrated later in life and arent a part of "club rugby" but fuck me some how some of us stumbled across the sport and fell in love, in Alisons case I heard her vocally say at the rally attending games with her family back in UK puts a lot of time and effort in. Plus I think she has joined a club in the last year. Ever time I think of getting behind club you all do so well of reminding me why I wouldnt be welcome.

Exile ive always liked you and your opinions but are you "open arms" or "this is ours" spec because being a 10 year member of a sport i never played would you have a beer with me or am I a tourist to those "born with it"

God I hope we love our game and not ourselves

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I spose we appoint darkness or someone in a or the purple circle to be the rep of Sea of Blue (of which I include you and any one who cheers on our Western Australian side) you know those obviously born to the sport or what ever. This elitist shit can fuck right off.

Sorry my daddy didnt play, sorry my family couldnt afford private school, sorry in other people's circumstances they may of immigrated later in life and arent a part of "club rugby" but fuck me some how some of us stumbled across the sport and fell in love, in Alisons case I heard her vocally say at the rally attending games with her family back in UK puts a lot of time and effort in. Plus I think she has joined a club in the last year. Ever time I think of getting behind club you all do so well of reminding me why I wouldnt be welcome.

Exile ive always liked you and your opinions but are you "open arms" or "this is ours" spec because being a 10 year member of a sport i never played would you have a beer with me or am I a tourist to those "born with it"

God I hope we love our game and not ourselves
    Gday Leo.

First up, I would be happy to have a beer with you next time I am in Perth. All things being equal, My plan is to be there for the first Match of the new IPRC. I hope that I get to catch up with everyone. Including you and Alison.

I dont believe that Rugby Union in elitist and only belongs in Private Schools. I detest that stereotype. I was born in Perth and grew up in Geraldton Western Australia and for the first 20 years of my life I had no idea that Rugby existed. In 1990 I joined the Air Force and a few years later a boss of mine asked me to help him out by running the water for the Base Rugby League team. At the end of that season, the League players that also played Union asked me to run water for the Base Rugby Union side. Now I am a part of the committee of a club side in Sydney. I love it, and I truly believed it saved my life.

My point is that I got involved. I think it would be great if every member of TWF and the Sea of Blue got involved with Club and Community Rugby. IF I have at anytime by my words or actions discouraged you or anyone else from being a part of Club Rugby I humbly apologise.

If its true that Alison is a member of a Club in Perth than I do humbly apologise.

I dont hate Alison for being appointed to the RugbyWA Board. I am extremely jealous. If I was back living in Perth I can assure you that Hansie and John Edwards would have my Resume and I would offer my services on a very consistent basis until I had a role.

Rugby Union is the greatest game in the world. The more people involved the better it will be.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    And as I said in my post. IF I have made an ASS. I will apologise.
    Fu@k me! Obviously a love for the game isn't enough these days!

Maybe having a conversation with Alison to get things straight before calling her out and embarassing her on here would have been more tactfull.

Congrats on your appointment Alison. You deserve it!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Well Tim North doesnt have a back ground in sports science or sports management, I'm not sure, but I don't think he is a paid up member of any community club, I'm quite sure he has never cooked a sausage, sold a beer or a raffle ticket. However, I am sure that he and Alison have cheered on a third grade team, have formed a tunnel and sung the club song - also - not relevant to running a club.
    oh and by the way, T North was re elected as President of VRU this week - woo hoo - and soon, fingers crossed (sarcasm from me here) he will get his Order of Australia for services to Rugby.
    So is Alison qualified?
    Her passion and commitment and integrity speaks volumes and she s*&ts on most others - imo. Go Alison, rebuild rugby in WA and keep holding RA accountable.
    Well said Lou.
    Sorry X I can’t agree with you on what you’ve said in this post as most is totally irrelevant to have a seat on the or a board!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Thanks Exile for your comments. Please rest assured that I understand what an incredible honour it is to have been appointed to the Board and that I will treat it with the respect it deserves. Those who know me both personally and professionally will attest to the fact that I never give less than 100% in anything I do. My service to the Board will be no different.

Actions speak louder than words so I will leave it at that.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    One thing I have learned in the 20 plus years being involved in community rugby is that in many cases ( not all) successful clubs and organisations bring in skillsets "outside" of the club. Sometimes restricting leadership and management to club or organisational members to only those who have shown longevity or allegiance restricts growth. No doubt there are also failures. Personally I believe those failures are usually due to lack of transparency and not having the proper checks and balances in place.

We have our clubs and life members to give us our checks and balances and many more than appear here on TWF have done just that. I have been asked "Hansie - Why?" to which a complete and transparent answer is provided as best as I can.

Alternative passionate views from members on TWF have just jumped in, ASSUMED the decisions made have not been thought through, made personal attacks _ played the man not the ball - hidden behind cloak and dagger names just to satisfy their demonic thirst for insulting and hurt.

I have said numerous times, we have made the decision to be transparent. We have made the decision to be inclusive. we will make mistakes and we will make some incredibly good decisions.

So please if you make statements that attack me or my colleagues personally, be prepared because I shall respond in kind.

if you would like to know why and question a decision then I shall give you the courtesy and respect that questions deserves.

If you claim to represent the majority view and use statements along the lines of " Clubs will tear the barricades" then please substantiate that claim.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Thanks Exile for your comments. Please rest assured that I understand what an incredible honour it is to have been appointed to the Board and that I will treat it with the respect it deserves. Those who know me both personally and professionally will attest to the fact that I never give less than 100% in anything I do. My service to the Board will be no different.

Thank you for your reply and good luck with the role.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

You don't have to justify yourself...AT ALL.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Can we get back to having rugby in WA now (community and professional)?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast