Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: Western Force NRC Squad 2018

  1. #16
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,034
    vCash
    16298000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    The fact that we're still arguing the specifics of who said what over the name would indicate that there's nothing to be said about the squad.

    I personally hope Clay Uyen makes it in. Dunno whether Ryan Louwrens and Brynard Stander are still around but they would be good too.

    Would also be keen to see some genuine WA talent fly back over the Nullarbor for it, Haylett-Petty would be a good name (either or both)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  2. #17
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,328
    vCash
    5212000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The fact that we're still arguing the specifics of who said what over the name would indicate that there's nothing to be said about the squad.

    I personally hope Clay Uyen makes it in. Dunno whether Ryan Louwrens and Brynard Stander are still around but they would be good too.

    Would also be keen to see some genuine WA talent fly back over the Nullarbor for it, Haylett-Petty would be a good name (either or both)
    Surely both H-Ps will be drafted in to the Melbum Rising squad of 55, won’t they?!

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  3. #18
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,147
    vCash
    5342000
    I reckon the professional game in WA should be run by a professional outfit/business - but done in close collaboration with RugbyWA.
    This would be especially the case for the NRC - which brings the professional and amateur game together.
    Similarly the naming of the NRC team should be a collaborative effort - including the fans (but we can't expect to dictate - just influence).

    We only have the prospect of watching a professional team due to the intervention of Minderoo (aka Andrew Forrest).
    (That's also true for RugbyWA and the Future Force program)
    I'm happy to leave the naming rights of the team in the professional competition (hopefully the IPRC) to Minderoo as they have to be aware of the requirements and cultures of the other teams/countries involved.

    However, in this interim year I'm expecting the professional team to play under the Western Force banner.

    There's been a few hints flying around that RA didn't "give back" the Western Force IP to WA - just a peppercorn lease on an annual basis.
    That seems credible to me as it fits into the RA's desire to CONTROL even if they aren't CONTRIBUTING or maintaining any sort of pathway for professional players in WA. But it would be good to have it confirmed by anybody in the know.

    If this is the case then I can't imagine that Minderoo wants to put effort into a brand if the brand could be lost at the whim or fancy of RA.

    Will be interesting to see what unfolds but I don't need to have any involvement in the naming of teams.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #19
    Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    5342000
    Ive said before how good it would be if NRC had a bit of State of Origin about it. Players who are playing professionally coming back home to team up with the up and comers. Obviously there would have to be allowances and what not but hey they keep talking about tribalism what better way to unite fans. Players remaining with the same team throughout their careers.

    But included in the squad

    Pek
    What happened to Michael Hardwick?
    Kane Koteka
    Scoble
    Onehunga Havili

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #20
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    378
    vCash
    5256000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Its on the IP Australia website. There is also "Aussie Force" there as well. Pretty sure I posted this at some point previously...
    Perth Spirit and Western Force are listed as owned by the ARU

    Mineroo have registered the names Perth Force and RugbyWA recently

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    378
    vCash
    5256000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Perth Spirit and Western Force are listed as owned by the ARU

    Mineroo have registered the names Perth Force and RugbyWA recently
    Sorry, I meant RugbyRoos, not RugbyWA

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #22
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    378
    vCash
    5256000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I reckon the professional game in WA should be run by a professional outfit/business - but done in close collaboration with RugbyWA.
    This would be especially the case for the NRC - which brings the professional and amateur game together.
    Similarly the naming of the NRC team should be a collaborative effort - including the fans (but we can't expect to dictate - just influence).

    We only have the prospect of watching a professional team due to the intervention of Minderoo (aka Andrew Forrest).
    (That's also true for RugbyWA and the Future Force program)
    I'm happy to leave the naming rights of the team in the professional competition (hopefully the IPRC) to Minderoo as they have to be aware of the requirements and cultures of the other teams/countries involved.

    However, in this interim year I'm expecting the professional team to play under the Western Force banner.

    There's been a few hints flying around that RA didn't "give back" the Western Force IP to WA - just a peppercorn lease on an annual basis.
    That seems credible to me as it fits into the RA's desire to CONTROL even if they aren't CONTRIBUTING or maintaining any sort of pathway for professional players in WA. But it would be good to have it confirmed by anybody in the know.

    If this is the case then I can't imagine that Minderoo wants to put effort into a brand if the brand could be lost at the whim or fancy of RA.

    Will be interesting to see what unfolds but I don't need to have any involvement in the naming of teams.
    Community-building at the heart of Minderoo's new grassroots RugbyRoos initiative
    Media Release - Wednesday 7 February 2018



    Community-building at the heart of Minderoo’s new grassroots RugbyRoos initiative



    The heart of rugby in Western Australia – the community – will be strengthened by a new junior development initiative RugbyRoos, announced today by Minderoo with the help of RugbyWA.

    As part of a long-term vision to make rugby a major community-builder in Western Australia, Andrew Forrest AO said all future elite rugby union players contracted to play in the state would need to commit to devoting 350 hours of their personal time to community programs like RugbyRoos each year.

    “West Australians have well and truly demonstrated their passion for rugby – we want to put the community first and bring them with us as we grow,” Mr Forrest said.

    “The loyal, spirited fans in this state are the lifeblood of the sport. For rugby to continue to thrive in Western Australia, a grassroots-up approach to the game is needed, starting with our youngest stars – our kids.

    “As evidence of our grassroots focus, any future elite player in Western Australia will be contracted to do 350 hours in the community every year, including through RugbyRoos.

    “RugbyRoos will be rolled out across Australia, beginning here in WA, to develop the future leaders of our great game.”

    The RugbyRoos program will foster future rugby talent by providing a fun environment for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 to learn core skills they will use for life – from kicking, throwing and catching to balance, team work and following instructions.

    The initiative has a firm focus on inclusivity and will offer courses that tailor to different age groups and skill levels.

    The program will be rolled out with the help of RugbyWA development officers to assist in linking RugbyRoos participants with local rugby clubs.

    The RugbyRoos program will complement Rugby Australia’s Get into Rugby course, which is held at schools and is a non-contact rugby format. The RugbyRoos program will be held at clubs and provide kids with a stepping-stone from school rugby to club teams by learning the respect and discipline necessary for safe tackling. School holiday courses will also be available.

    The announcement builds on Minderoo’s previous commitment to provide funding for grassroots, women’s and development rugby, including the unique Future Force Foundation, which will be resurrected to help convert amateur athletes to professional players and be open to women for the first time.

    The RugbyRoos program starts now. RugbyRoos participants will receive a pack with a ball, jersey, water bottle and backpack on registration. Sign up for more information at www.rugbyroos.com . ENDS.



    Media contact:

    Tess Ingram +61 448 922 364 tingram@minderoo.com.au

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,283
    vCash
    3180000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    For the Western Force NRC 2018 Squad List please see this thread http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...054#post451054

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  9. #24
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,281
    vCash
    5432000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    So who will the Rugbyroo nippers be playing for and against?

    Is there going to be an allocation process?

    Is it true that all junior clubs (except for a select few) will have to disband immediately?

    Will the discarded clubs contribute, via RugbyWA, towards the freebies?

    Will Hodgeson's kid be captain?

    How does Nedlands/Woodhams feel about this incursion into their territory?

    Why doesn't Hansie step in to protect his club?

    Will the nippers be required to sign lifetime contracts to play for Cottesloe?

    Will WAJRU have to disband immediately, or will there be a transition period?

    These are important questions the answers to which should be made public NOW!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #25
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,104
    vCash
    5336000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Dunno.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No
    Dunno.
    Dunno.
    No.
    No.

    Howzat?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  11. #26
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,328
    vCash
    5212000
    TWF Contributor!
    I believe RWA is having an information evening for community rugby folk on 13 Feb, Fulvio. Hopefully you should get answers to your questions there. If you can’t get there I will see what I can find out for you.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  12. #27
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,281
    vCash
    5432000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I'm losing my touch ...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,444
    vCash
    5052000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Who’s idea was it to have a information night the same night as a training night?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,281
    vCash
    5432000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I find it ironic that an organisation that was in administration a few weeks ago is arranging a meeting where it purports to teach other organisations with money in their pockets how to raise money.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,104
    vCash
    5336000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I'm losing my touch ...
    I got it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Western Force Mauritius 10s Squad
    By Kalahard in forum Western Force
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-08-16, 11:17
  2. Western Force 2011 squad
    By James in forum Western Force
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 23-08-10, 20:57
  3. Western Force Squad October 08
    By Thequeerone in forum Western Force
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 27-10-08, 09:14
  4. Western Force Vs Hurricanes Squad
    By BaldCunus in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-03-07, 15:16
  5. Western Force Vs Hurricanes Squad
    By BaldCunus in forum Western Force
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-07, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •