Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: IPRC TEAM & COACH

vCash
    Super Rugby in its current format is on its way out, and with no broadcasting opportunity on the horizon it won't be able to continue. Therefore isn't Wallaby eligibility unless you play in a Super Rugby team a moot point? It's a pretty stupid narrow minded stance to have considering the lack of talent shown thus far by the Wallabies aka Tahs. They need new blood but the stranglehold the Tahs have on the Wallabies team plays a big part in dissuading players hoping for a callup. Why else would so many have chased the bigger bucks and playing opportunities overseas that they can't get here. As Berrick Barnes said - If you get offered $200,000 to play overseas then why not? instead of being treated like shit by your own country.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Andrew Forrest’s Western Force push goes into overdrive
    Nick Taylor | The West Australian
    Thursday, 8 February 2018 8:00AM
    Nick Taylor
    Matt Hodgson, left, and Andrew Forrest, right, with students from Holy Spirit Primary.
    Matt Hodgson, left, and Andrew Forrest, right, with students from Holy Spirit Primary.Picture: Mogens Johansen
    Mining magnate Andrew Forrest has vowed that his Indo Pacific Rugby Championship will go ahead — with or without Rugby Australia approval.

Forrest, who is in talks with RA, said his IPRC would fill the void created by the culling of Western Force and that the new competition would turn professional rugby “on its head”.

As he launched RugbyRoos, a program to foster young talent, Forrest pledged that the competition, due to start in March next year with six teams, would proceed.

“We’ll either get Rugby Australia’s approval or we won’t but either way we are going to roll and we’ll be playing internationally,” Forrest said.

“We are still negotiating with Rugby Australia but we have had endorsement from Rugby Asia, we know that World Rugby is completely onside, we’ve had interest from the United States, from Canada, literally all over the world.

“The process just has to roll forward now. We get closer every day. Everything which we do is great for rugby in Australia.

“If you have a legitimate love for the game and a legitimate interest in what’s best for the players, you’ll back the new tournament.

“This is a tournament which is waiting to happen and will be fantastic for Australia. We’ve had something like 250 inquiries from elite players around the world.”

A major stumbling block in IPRC talks with RA has been Wallabies eligibility for IPRC players. Currently, players have to play for an Australian Super Rugby side or if playing overseas have to have appeared in 60 Tests to qualify.

Mate time this summer McGrath Pink Stumps Day
    McGrath Foundation Sponsored
    Forrest wants all Australian players in IPRC clubs, based in places like China, Hong Kong and Japan, Malaysia and Singapore, to be eligible.

Meanwhile, he said RugbyRoos would eventually roll out as a national program and all elite players contracted to play in WA would have to commit 350 hours to the initiative and other grassroots coaching.

It is a five-week program for 4-12 year-olds aimed at teaching rugby skills in a fun environment and talks have already taken place about taking it across the country.

“We’ve had discussions with Rugby Australia. They, of course, would love every bit of help they can get with the community,” Forrest said.

“Rugby has been struggling a bit in the Eastern States at the community level.

“Rugby starts at the grassroots and finishes with elite. It’s about getting the community on board, its about building within the community

vCash
    Isn't that the same as yesterdays' article in the Age?
    TW what's happened about the ASIc report supposed to have been out today? I'm hoping its good! Maybe Twiggy knows something we don't, and hence the timing of IPRC announcement as Clyne & the Board head off to jail!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    If they were going to do that, they should have thought things through more and done it first time around. Wouldn't fly now...would just be an obvious workaround.
    Yeah....and??

They're on record with all the smaller Asian Unions falling over themselves to get involved, but RA doesn't want to touch it. Why should they not pivot to a model where the customer base that wants the product can have it?

They could even start it as an Asian-only league then introduce the Force at a later date.

World Rugby has made pleasant noises about the Asian engagement aspects of the plan, the Asian leagues seem to be on board, the only stick in the mud is Australia, why would you not look for a work around?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Because when I say it's a workaround, it is not a workaround of the ARU, it would be an obvious workaround of WR. That is who you'd be making look stupid.

vCash
    I really do hope Twiggy takes the nuclear option and utterly decimates superrugby by buying every decent player he can. Doubt many would care about Wallaby eligibility seeing they all seem to head north anyway.

Maybe if its a rebel league he can change some of the shitty laws that plague rugby eg. A scrum clock.

This is getting more exciting the closer it seems we are heading for the nuclear option. Stuff RA, let them squirm. Come 2021 Twiggy can decide whether to include Superrugby in his comp and not the other way round

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I really do hope Twiggy takes the nuclear option and utterly decimates superrugby by buying every decent player he can. Doubt many would care about Wallaby eligibility seeing they all seem to head north anyway.

Maybe if its a rebel league he can change some of the shitty laws that plague rugby eg. A scrum clock.

This is getting more exciting the closer it seems we are heading for the nuclear option. Stuff RA, let them squirm. Come 2021 Twiggy can decide whether to include Superrugby in his comp and not the other way round
    We could come up with all kinds of crazy laws!

Name:  101313patsms38.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  84.6 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

Actually I kinda like the idea of throwing a shitload of money at every Australian player who is in SUper Rugby and getting them all to play as marquees overseas. (except those who play for the Force) and I mean do this while Superugby is still going. Sure some tahs will make the 60 cap limit, but done correctly, RA would have to choose between selecting players who are obviously inferior because they're playing Superrugby or loading the team with a bunch of Forcemen.

It would be shitty business, but I'd love to watch it!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Actually I kinda like the idea of throwing a shitload of money at every Australian player who is in SUper Rugby and getting them all to play as marquees overseas. (except those who play for the Force) and I mean do this while Superugby is still going. Sure some tahs will make the 60 cap limit, but done correctly, RA would have to choose between selecting players who are obviously inferior because they're playing Superrugby or loading the team with a bunch of Forcemen.

It would be shitty business, but I'd love to watch it!
    Definitely agree. It could be a new era of the Wallaforce, with the end of an era to the Wallatahs

vCash
    So whobare the possible/ probables?
    I have Pek Cowan, Heath Tessman, Nick Jooste?

vCash
    Considering (someone mentioned, somewhere) that both Pek and Tessman were having their contracts paid out by RA, would they be allowed to play in the IPRC? Would they have to pay back some of the pay-out?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    From the contracted players in 2017 left there is

Scoble
    McCallman
    Cotterall Rebels
    Stander
    Koteka
    Matuato
    Havalli
    Short Waratahs

Plus Gaffney was a coaching consultant

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 09-02-18 at 13:19.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Is Benny Mac still in Perth, TIF?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    From the contracted players in 2017 left there is

Scoble
    McCallman
    Cotterall
    Stander