Thread: IPRC TEAM & COACH

Champion
    vCash
    Another Van Humphries story

New Western Force assistant Van Humphries stays close to home
    Nick Taylor | The West Australian
    Sunday, 25 March 2018 2:00AM
    Nick Taylor

Four weeks ago former Super Rugby second-rower and Wallabies squad member Van Humphries was pondering a coaching move overseas.
    But then mining magnate Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson, his head of elite performance at the new Western Force, came calling and he is now forwards coach at the organisation.
    "It came about rather suddenly. Andrew Forrest flicking the switch and me talking to Hodgo," Humphries said.
    "I threw my hat into the ring and here I am. It's been a bit of a whirlwind but I'm so appreciative of being able to be a part of something that is unprecedented in rugby.
    "I've been very impressed with what everyone has done to sign this group of players when they are not usually available in this window.
    "There is a huge amount of energy that we'll look to tap into as coaches."
    Humphries has been coaching at Brisbane Souths but was looking for a move.
    "There are very limited opportunities in Australia in terms of progression and we were looking overseas," he said.
    "We wanted to stay in this country and this has come up at a very opportune time."

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88784851z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great to see the new Western Force players and coaches along with Andrew Forrest at the Western Force Fan Day.
    Name:  Westren Force 2018.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  92.4 KBName:  Westren Force 2018 3.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  147.7 KBAttachment 5238
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JPR; 26-03-18 at 08:14.
    One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

vCash
    Some of the players look depressed when Hodgson is speaking.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Nah, there was a lot of laughter and a great atmosphere. Peter Grant told me he was enjoying his rugby and looking forward to running out for both Cottesloe and the Force.

All in all a great event, and the highlight for me was seeing all the kids playing "rugby" with their heroes.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Quite the opposite everyone including Matt who said that this was a big change from the last rally he had stopped crying, and the crowd on Sunday was very positive and looking forward to a new Western Force. So good to see the kids enjoying themselves and the interaction from players old & new.

The important message is; Get your gear ready for May 4th against Fiji @ NIB.Tell everyone to be there because the Western Force are back!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JPR; 26-03-18 at 10:03.
    One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Nah, there was a lot of laughter and a great atmosphere. Peter Grant told me he was enjoying his rugby and looking forward to running out for both Cottesloe and the Force.

All in all a great event, and the highlight for me was seeing all the kids playing "rugby" with their heroes.
    That's great then. They just put up a bad photo shot.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash

Player
    vCash
    Any word on how to watch? Hoping they will have a streaming option for those of us outside Oz.
    With my now lack of interest in Super Rugby I have signed up for the NRL's option "WatchNRL" (don't judge me, it's that or ice hockey\NFL ) and I'm impressed. I can watch all matches on demand or live and great quality on phone, computer or TV (with chromecast) and it's only available outside Aus, NZ and Pacific Islands i.e. reaching areas that may not have had any access at all and\or would have limited access (show only 1 game a week etc) if they sold the rights.

Super Rugby and Aviva premiership is available on one of the Canadian cable TV channel's online platform but our cable provider doesn't include access in their packages. And the games wouldn't be on at convenient times anyway.
    I think it's been said before but this is where Rugby needs to pick up it's game, instead of selling all the rights to TV channels all over the world and limiting access, keep a hold of the digital rights and provide options in these non-core areas. I reckon viewership and revenue would be a lot more.

Hope the Minderoo team are thinking along the same lines.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Any word on how to watch? Hoping they will have a streaming option for those of us outside Oz.
    With my now lack of interest in Super Rugby I have signed up for the NRL's option "WatchNRL" (don't judge me, it's that or ice hockey\NFL ) and I'm impressed. I can watch all matches on demand or live and great quality on phone, computer or TV (with chromecast) and it's only available outside Aus, NZ and Pacific Islands i.e. reaching areas that may not have had any access at all and\or would have limited access (show only 1 game a week etc) if they sold the rights.

Super Rugby and Aviva premiership is available on one of the Canadian cable TV channel's online platform but our cable provider doesn't include access in their packages. And the games wouldn't be on at convenient times anyway.
    I think it's been said before but this is where Rugby needs to pick up it's game, instead of selling all the rights to TV channels all over the world and limiting access, keep a hold of the digital rights and provide options in these non-core areas. I reckon viewership and revenue would be a lot more.

Hope the Minderoo team are thinking along the same lines.
    Are you in Toronto? Have you been following the Wolfpack?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Have you been following the Wolfpack?
    I have (surprise, surprise ). He wouldn't have - unless he signed up to the Wolfpack's own streaming service. All their matches this season have been in the UK so far. They don't start playing at home until the end of April.

I thought they would struggle this season, being promoted after an unbeaten season in League 1. But so far they are 5-1-1 from seven matches with wins over Featherstone Rovers and Halifax - 2nd and 4th respectively behind the promoted Hull KR last year. Only one Canuck born player so far but the RFL have really got behind this expansion team and are hoping for more in the future. Unlike another governing body we know of.

There are quite a few Australians in the team. Three of whom, including The Coal Train and Fui-Fui were let go pre-season for off-field indiscretions. Old habits and all that.........

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Great to see the new Western Force players and coaches along with Andrew Forrest at the Western Force Fan Day.
    Name:  Westren Force 2018.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  92.4 KBName:  Westren Force 2018 3.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  147.7 KBAttachment 5238
    Thanks for taking and uploading the pics JPR - greatly appreciated.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Are you in Toronto? Have you been following the Wolfpack?
    Nah nowhere fancy like that. 😂
    Labrador City, middle of nowhere in Eastern Canada. Haven’t been watching the Wolfpack but will look into it.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Nah nowhere fancy like that. 😂
    Labrador City, middle of nowhere in Eastern Canada. Haven’t been watching the Wolfpack but will look into it.
    Ah, Labrador City, where -35C is a warm day ... and a big day out is going to Tim Horton's.

Veteran
    vCash
    Dazlo - so you got it! congrats bud.

You'll have to fill me in on how its going, and send me any job ops

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Ah, Labrador City, where -35C is a warm day ... and a big day out is going to Tim Horton's.
    It got up to 0 yesterday, it was almost a heat wave 😁. And yes people do have an unhealthy obsession with Timmies, the drive through line up is ridiculous for a cup of coffee.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast