Poll: What rugby would you go see at the Craypot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What rugby would you attend at the Craypot?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

What rugby would you attend at the Craypot?

There's a bit of hate on the new stadium for rugby, and also the wallabies - but how deep does it go?

What would head there for?

This is for one off or exhibition matches. I would imagine regular comp matches would be at nib ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    I'm not sure my opinion fits an option. I'd got to all if the IPRC and Wallabies eligibility are approved - none of them otherwise.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Added IPRC option

vCash
    Thanks but I'll stick to "Other" with the above explanation I presume IPRC will be at NIB.

vCash
    I voted for what my opinion is at this point in time, which is nothing.

If the IRPC were to get approved with full Wallabies representation I'd consider going to Wallabies games again, might depend on whether any of the IRPC players were actually selected.

Assuming the IRPC gets the nod I assume it will be at NiB.

Not sure of the suitability for Rectangular Codes but I'm off to the Stadium for the NRL double header in March and already thinking about where to sit for the State of Origin Game in 2019.

Last edited by jargan83; 02-02-18 at 10:37.

vCash
    Thanks for the multiple choice option boss, I chose a couple of mutually exclusive ones.

IPRC For definite, I would probably only whinge a little bit about the money that would inevitably go back to Rat's Arse if IPRC was approved with Wallaby eligibility and no stupic clauses.
    Other....I'd probably go to exhibition matches, but again, I'd be making a case by case decision based upon Rat's Arse's responses in the nrear future. If reparations aren't made and a cent goes to Rat's Arse it'd end up being the Rugby is Dead option for any match that provides any funding at all to those duplicitous mothers.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    We want to watch Rugby at a dedicated rectangular stadium. The craypot is a compromise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I was thinking one off matches for the craypot - NIB would still be the current stadium of choice otherwise

vCash
    Even for one-off matches, the Craypot isn't particularly great for rectangular sports. It's more circular than Subi was, so you sit even further away from the sidelines (although it is less domed than Subi); if you want to sit behind the posts it might be a better ground.

But I'd rather have any match at NIB, even if it means we miss out on the big Bledisloe Cup style games. I'd rather watch the Wallabies playing Argentina in NIB than playing the All Blacks at the Craypot.

Keep the Craypot for what it was designed for: AFL & cricket, plus big concerts.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I went with "Other". I might attend a match there if it were big enough and meaningful enough for a team I support. Not seeing that being any team to do with RA anytime soon though, and whether it would be the IRPC will depend largely on whether that ever happens, in what form, and how they create meaning in the team and competition. Didn't think much of the ground as a potential rugby venue though...will be interested to hear how it goes when the League plays there.

Senior Player
    vCash

What rugby would you attend at the Craypot?

Options 3 through 7 are probably academic.

1. The NSWRU and the QRU have spent the last 12 years trying to shut down Super Rugby in WA. Now that they have succeeded, they are not going to let Super Rugby (or its successor) back into WA without the mother of all battles - "over our dead bodies" is the relevant expression.
    2. The NSWRU and the QRU have spent the last 20 or so years trying to stop Wallabies tests being scheduled in WA. Now that they will have succeeded after 2019, they are not going to allow Wallabies tests to be "wasted" in WA again without a fight - another case of "over our dead bodies".
    3. The ARU/RA model requires the WA Government or Tourism WA or the City of Perth or whoever to pay for the privilege of staging an ARU/RA promoted rugby match in WA. The present State Government has tried unsuccessfully to get out of the 2019 Bledisloe (and redeem its $5 million payment) and has stated that the contributions required by ARU/RA are too high. If any State Government tries to spend Taxpayers' money on supporting an ARU/RA promoted Rugby match in Perth in the decade or so after 2019, then it risks igniting a political firestorm.

Last edited by FingerTips; 02-02-18 at 14:34.

vCash
    Other:

It all depends on IPRC being appoved,

Wallabies eligibility, which then might re-ignite a once strong passion (only to games that would draw a good crowd otherwise hold it at NIB)

World Cup matches other than Wallabies.... Well thats all Perth got offered in 2003... Still depends if RA pull their heads out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Options 3 through 7 are probably academic.

1. The NSWRU and the QRU have spent the last 12 years trying to shut down Super Rugby in WA. Now that they have succeeded, they are not going to let Super Rugby (or its successor) back into WA without the mother of all battles - "over our dead bodies" is the relevant expression.
    2. The NSWRU and the QRU have spent the last 20 or so years trying to stop Wallabies tests being scheduled in WA. Now that they will have succeeded after 2019, they are not going to allow Wallabies tests to be "wasted" in WA again without a fight - another case of "over our dead bodies".
    3. The ARU/RA model requires the WA Government or Tourism WA or the City of Perth or whoever to pay for the privilege of staging an ARU/RA promoted rugby match in WA. The present State Government has tried unsuccessfully to get out of the 2019 Bledisloe (and redeem its $5 million payment) and has stated that the contributions required by ARU/RA are too high. If the State Government tries to spend Taxpayers' money on supporting an ARU/RA promoted Rugby match in Perth after 2019, then it risks igniting a political firestorm.
    The Reds are just bitter that the Force recruited Sharpe and mostly development players. They lost the most players to the Force due to the Reds being rubbish with a revolving door of coaches. No different to now. You can't blame the Force for targeting players to get out of dodge. The Brumbies lost the future half back pairing in Henjak and Giteau and didn't complain. The Waratahs also lost players to the Force and didn't whine as much as the Reds did.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The Reds are just bitter that the Force recruited Sharpe and mostly development players. They lost the most players to the Force due to the Reds being rubbish with a revolving door of coaches. No different to now. You can't blame the Force for targeting players to get out of dodge. The Brumbies lost the future half back pairing in Henjak and Giteau and didn't complain. The Waratahs also lost players to the Force and didn't whine as much as the Reds did.
    I think it's deeper than that.
    Both of the Heartland unions are ideologically opposed to investing effort and resources into Rugby Union outside of the Heartland.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    True and I have pointed out to both unions that bugger all resources went to the Force.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast