Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force could return to Super Rugby in 2021, according to players union

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Super Rugby is rooted in self interest, corruption, duplicity and deception.

That's what you meant to say, wasn't it, Exile?
    nah

Super Rugby is just f#cked.

I was trying to be polite.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hansie, John, listen carefully to me, because I don't think I'm isolated in my views.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENTER A RELATIONSHIP WITH RUGBY AUSTRALIA TO PROVIDE A PROFESSIONAL FIRST-TIER RUGBY TEAM TO A TOP LEVEL COMPETITION.

I will not be buying a membership, since it would contravene my personal rule of doing everything in my power to ensure they don't receive a cent.

There is not enough crow to be eaten in this, and all parallel universes, to make me change my mind on that stance.

I don't trust them, I don't like them, I don't respect them, I'd rather our pathway be integrated with lower quality players who have values.

Asia and IPRC are the go, Eastern Australia is a rotting corpse
    I can say " We hear you.."

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Ross Xenos and RUPA the organisation that was completely invisible and spine lacking when 1/5 of its member were made jobless.

Didn't hear a peep out of them. He is a weak yes man nothing more. Too little too late now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I can say " We hear you.."
    As long as this isn't the Japanese form of 'Hai' meaning either 'yes', or 'I hear you, but not necessarily going to do anything about it'!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I will not be buying a membership, since it would contravene my personal rule of doing everything in my power to ensure they don't receive a cent.
    Absolutely.
    Like QANTAS, FUSO, Massey Ferguson, Land Rover, Accenture, HSBC, Crowne Plaza, R M Williams etc, ARU/RA is on our black list - the NRL should be happy, since they are the ones most likely to get the money which in previous years flowed to the ARU/RA and other Rugby Union entities.

vCash
    So we're all in agreement - we're going to boycott the Western Force if they're readmitted to Super Rugby as a protest against them being expelled from Super Rugby.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    No, I think what is being said is that people will be very reluctant to commit any time, energy and money to anything that looks like repeating exactly the same mistakes. Especially if it is again controlled by the same governing body, who can be confidently expected to run it exactly the same way - same organisation, put in position by the same people, for all the same reasons, giving all the same outcomes. Surely that is understandable...would you buy a house from the same company that scammed you out of your last one?

I'd like a team to support, but to paraphrase the old saying, if the game is crooked, it isn't the only game in town.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Ross Xenos and RUPA the organisation that was completely invisible and spine lacking when 1/5 of its member were made jobless.

Didn't hear a peep out of them. He is a weak yes man nothing more. Too little too late now.
    I agree - he kept himself well hidden while the bored destroyed WA Rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post

Am I wrong to think that the RA fund RUPA? It still is no reason not to do your job though, but I can see that their inaction may have been because they were too gutless to bite the hand that feeds them

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Prospect
    vCash
    Pretty sure that players pay a fee to RUPA I don’t believe that FURA contribute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by F Man View Post
    So we're all in agreement - we're going to boycott the Western Force if they're readmitted to Super Rugby as a protest against them being expelled from Super Rugby.
    Yes, as insane as it sounds, that is exactly what I'm saying. I was pretty fed up with the shitty treatment the force suffered at the hands of the earu even I the lead up to the assassination, but I stuck with them out of loyalty to the team. Unless rats arse make some pretty bloody ironclad and massive reparations I will never have anything to do with them again. I will support the IPRC if ra aren't in control, I'll go to nrc games until ra charge an entrance fee. I'll pay to watch the spirit if Hansie can convince me that none of my money goes to ra, but I'm solid On this, they've lost my support entirely and they need to be the ones to build the bridge.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham1956 View Post
    Pretty sure that players pay a fee to RUPA I don’t believe that FURA contribute.
    In the ARU financial accounts there is a figure in Expenses called "Player payments and RUPA" so I think RUPA are beholden to their master

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Wouldn't mind hearing an announcement from the National Unions of Japan, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Sri Lanka, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, et al; the Asian Confederation and Rugby WA next week...

IPRC to kick-off in March 2018.

Let's get this show on the road already!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I wonder how all those South Sydney fans felt when their side got readmitted to the NRL?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    In the ARU financial accounts there is a figure in Expenses called "Player payments and RUPA" so I think RUPA are beholden to their master
    Isn't that an unusual occurrence given that RUPA is essentially a trade union.

I can't imagine the MUA taking payments from the Ports Authority, there would be too many strings attached wouldn't there?

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast