Thread: Just for good measure FU ARU/Rugby East Australia

vCash

Just for good measure FU ARU/Rugby East Australia

One year on and I am almost certain that this would have been the Force's best year on record, maybe the Eastern rugby union saw this coming and could not allow the West to be the best so kill them rather than to let them excel
    We will see how the Rebels do in a year's time and that would be a pretty good measure to go by
    Once again FUARU or whatever you want to be called

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    One year on and I am almost certain that this would have been the Force's best year on record, maybe the Eastern rugby union saw this coming and could not allow the West to be the best so kill them rather than to let them excel
    We will see how the Rebels do in a year's time and that would be a pretty good measure to go by
    Once again FUARU or whatever you want to be called
    We were a roadmap /benchmark to a successful franchise. We showed up the establishment due to our success and probably due to this it cost us our franchise.

FORCE 40- 11 WARATAHS

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Would that that were true. We did everything their way right from the start, seemingly blind to the self-evident fact that success for us was never in their game plan. Right up to handing them our license, because they obviously had our best interests at heart. We were always the weakest link, because that is what they intended for us to be and we allowed them to make us.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And just for good measure, the Women’s Central Coast Council 7s have had to fold.
    One of Australia’s biggest domestic Sevens tournaments may have been run for the last time.

The Central Coast Sevens, which has become a regular preseason fixture for Australia’s men’s and women’s sevens, has announced its 2017 tournament was its last under the current administration.

Aussie Sevens veteran and Central Coast local Jesse Parahi was one of the ambassadors for the tournament, which has attracted plenty of high-profile teams in recent years.

The national men's and women's development sides took out the most recent edition of the tournament.

Tournament director Craig Morgan posted a message on the tournament’s Facebook, lamenting the situation.

“It is with a tinge of sadness that we wish to advise that we have made the decision to no longer facilitate the Central Coast Sevens,” he wrote.

“We are extremely proud of the tournament and all it has achieved and what the CC7s has stood for, for close to a decade.

“We are truly humbled and grateful for the tremendous support shown by our official partners, the teams, players, officials, friends, ambassadors and everyone who has followed and enjoyed the tournament with a special mention to our families and our very small but loyal and dynamic tournament crew.”

Morgan said the time felt right to step away from the tournament, and has been looking for a number of organisations to take on the running of the event, in the hope it can continue.

“The decision to finalise the tournament has not been made lightly or easily, however it is felt that the time is right personally to move away from the tournament with other goals to achieve and greater focus on family after the many years of sacrifice,” he wrote.

“We have reached out to a number of “Rugby Organisations” exploring their interest in acquiring the event in the hope that the tournament can continue to provide opportunity and continue to be a benchmark for Australian Sevens, however should interest not be forthcoming the Central Coast Sevens will then be finalised in its entirety.”

Central Coast has become a much-hyped part of the domestic Sevens calendar since its inception, in a program that is constantly changing.

North of the border, a brand new women’s Sevens competition will be run in Brisbane for the first time next month, called the Super 7s.

ONYA ARU! How’s that “Supporting Rugby in Australia National Footprint” thing working for you so far?

vCash
    Pieter raises an important question. To Maintain the Rage, should we make August 10th National FU ARU day? where we, and all Force supporters send RA a big FU either via email, facebook, whatever?

I'm sure our beloved webmaster could put it in the calendar function to remind us?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Pieter raises an important question. To Maintain the Rage, should we make August 10th National FU ARU day? where we, and all Force supporters send RA a big FU either via email, facebook, whatever?

I'm sure our beloved webmaster could put it in the calendar function to remind us?
    I like this idea, problem being August 10 was significant to us, unfortunately not to RA.

What about in the week leading to first round of Super or first round of Rugby championship. a #ShameRugbyAustralia, invite all fans to participate, wearing their colours. Show that all fans are not happy. All supporters, amateur players feel ripped off.

The only way for change is to show that not just the West has had enough but Australia has had enough. Unlike the RA board we can think beyond 1 coastline.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I like this idea, problem being August 10 was significant to us, unfortunately not to RA.

What about in the week leading to first round of Super or first round of Rugby championship. a #ShameRugbyAustralia, invite all fans to participate, wearing their colours. Show that all fans are not happy. All supporters, amateur players feel ripped off.

The only way for change is to show that not just the West has had enough but Australia has had enough. Unlike the RA board we can think beyond 1 coastline.
    I saw a promo video for 2018 Super rugby on Fox last night. They managed to 100% edit out any footage of Force jumpers or Force players, or Force tries, Force tackles etc from previous years highlights. The four Australian team logos were superimposed across the map of the whole of Australia, including the third of the Australian land mass that is WA. "the best teams in Australia" or similar bullshit words etc etc.
    It was so sadly pathetic, that I just had a laugh instead of crying.

The Force will be back one day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post

August 10 is too long. Need to target junior and senior registration days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I saw a promo video for 2018 Super rugby on Fox last night. They managed to 100% edit out any footage of Force jumpers or Force players, or Force tries, Force tackles etc from previous years highlights. The four Australian team logos were superimposed across the map of the whole of Australia, including the third of the Australian land mass that is WA. "the best teams in Australia" or similar bullshit words etc etc.
    Wankers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Wankers
    That's being polite.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board