vCash
    My sentiments exactly, Jargs! I think they should go to the NZRU

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Drop them off in North Korea.

vCash
    Where they can talk about great big buttons instead of great big spreadsheets.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    What did the people of Ushuaia do to deserve having a pair of turds like those two dumped on them?
    We'll they ARE in Argentina. Gus PIchot is one reason the force got boned, basically to ensure Argentina didn't. Is that enough?

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash

It might be mungo-ball but WTF

A block of Diamond seats at Origin 1 on 6 June at the G, instead of a block of seats at the Bledisloe in Sydney in 2018.

That's $2K+ which won't be finding its way into the pockets of the ARU/RA in 2018.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Drop them off in North Korea.
    Bugger that. Those dodgy bastards would probably be brokering sanction-busting fuel shipments across the border within 48-72 hours. The bottom line is all that matters.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    We'll they ARE in Argentina. Gus PIchot is one reason the force got boned, basically to ensure Argentina didn't. Is that enough?
    The Jaguares were never going to get cut. Their union would never vote to cut their own side given that they had to fight through the IRB to get in to the competitions and SARU are also a supporter of theirs. SA has done a lot for Argentinian Rugby.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ok. Let's have a numerical example.

As a 12 year gold member of the Western Force and an annual attender at Rugby Championship tests for the past 10+ years, I regard myself as a stakeholder in the WA Rugby Community. The ARU/RA, with what I believe is the complicity of the VRU, has given the finger to the WA Rugby Community, and I believe that it has sought to destroy the sport of Rugby Union in WA.

I also believe that the sponsors of the ARU/RA and the Melbourne Rebels have by their sponsorships endorsed the actions of the ARU/RA in its campaign against the WA Rugby Community.

Therefore, I believe that I have been given sufficient reason to avoid future personal and commercial dealings with the ARU/RA and their sponsors, both direct and indirect.

Personal dealings.

For each of the last 10+ years, it has been my practice to attend the Bledisloe test in Sydney and the Australia vs South Africa RC test, where-ever it has been held in Australia, and to take 4 to 8 guests from Sydney, Perth or Brisbane to the tests.
    In 2017, I paid
    1. $958.40 for two Gold Western Force memberships (used to be 4 Gold memberships, but the tin lids have grown up)
    2. $1,637.80 for 8 Platinum seats at the Bledisloe test in Sydney on 19 August 2017
    3. $1,305.30 for 8 Platinum seats at the Australia vs South Africa test in Perth on 9 September 2017.

Total: $3,901.50

The total payments to the ARU/RA in 2017 were a bit lower than prior years because Platinum seats for Lang Park usually are more expensive than the equivalent seats at nib. In a few previous years, after a particularly good P&L, I have paid out up to $6,400 per test for hospitality packages (but that's not been the norm).

In 2018, for the first time in over 15 years, I will not attend an international rugby union test in Australia, nor will I be taking any guests. Instead, I will find alternative sporting events for myself and my guests. For example, this month I have paid $2,347.20 for 8 Diamond seats at Origin 1 in Melbourne on 6 June.

I don't imagine that anyone in the ARU/RA will lose any sleep over the loss of my paltry $4,000+ in 2018. However, if on average say 1,000 of the Sea of Blue had been spending similar amounts and now plan to spend no more money with the ARU/RA, then the loss of revenue from the WA Rugby Community in 2018 could become something like $4 million and that would probably get the attention of the bean-counters in the ARU/RA.

Following recent statements by the ARU/RA and its apologists about WA Rugby, I cannot envisage a time in the future when I may reconsider my decision to not attend any more events hosted by the ARU/RA, unless there is a tangible and positive improvement in the relationship between the WA Rugby Community and the ARU/RA.

I note that the premium sponsors of the Melbourne Rebels at present are Fuso, Massey Ferguson, Land Rover and BLK. I believe that by their sponsorship of the Melbourne Rebels, these organisations have endorsed the activities of the Melbourne Rebels and the VRU which are hostile to the WA Rugby Community.

I shall bear in mind BLK's sponsorship of the Melbourne Rebels when I next visit a sporting goods store to purchase merchandise, and I encourage all other members of the WA Rugby Community to similarly reflect upon BLK's sponsorship of the Rebels the next time they buy any sporting merchandise.

Commercial dealings.

We will remember FUSO's sponsorship of the Rebels if and when we advise our METS clients about their truck and bus requirements.

My businesses run fleets of 4WD vehicles (mainly Toyota and Nissan but occasionally Land Rover). 2018 is a replacement year for part of the fleet. Guess what, Land Rover - you won't make our short-list in 2018.

We will remember Massey Ferguson's sponsorship of the Rebels in our dealings with clients and contacts in the Wheat-belt.

QANTAS is a major sponsor of the ARU through its sponsorship of the Wallabies and I believe that in the absence of any related denials by QANTAS, the continuing sponsorship of the ARU/RA/Wallabies is an endorsement by QANTAS of the actions taken by the ARU/RA against the WA Rugby Community.

For several years now, QANTAS was my companies' preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel - QANTAS do not fly direct from Perth to the locations of our major international clients (i.e. Africa), so they have been getting little or none of our international travel spend. However, in late 2017, my companies' preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel changed; QANTAS's support for the ARU/RA was a factor in that change. I and my employees now collect Velocity frequent flyer points.

I expect that the consequent loss of $250K to $500K in annual revenue from my companies will not show up as even the slightest blip on QANTAS's revenue charts and will be of absolutely no consequence to QANTAS. However, if a good portion of other companies in the METS sector in WA were to change their supplier of intra-state and inter-state travel away from QANTAS, then the blip in revenue might become more noticeable.

BTW, when I and my guests fly to Melbourne in June for Origin 1, we will fly Virgin. In all previous years, we have flown QANTAS.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 13-01-18 at 12:51.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post

As a 12 year gold member of the Western Force and an annual attender at Rugby Championship tests for the past 10+ years, I regard myself as a stakeholder in the WA Rugby Community. The ARU/RA, with what I believe is the complicity of the VRU, has given the finger to the WA Rugby Community, and I believe that it has sought to destroy the sport of Rugby Union in WA.

I also believe that the sponsors of the ARU/RA and the Melbourne Rebels have by their sponsorships endorsed the actions of the ARU/RA in its campaign against the WA Rugby Community.

Therefore, I believe that I have been given sufficient reason to avoid future personal and commercial dealings with the ARU/RA and their sponsors, both direct and indirect.

Personal dealings.

For each of the last 10+ years, it has been my practice to attend the Bledisloe test in Sydney and the Australia vs South Africa RC test, where-ever it has been held in Australia, and to take 4 to 8 guests from Sydney, Perth or Brisbane to the tests.
    In 2017, I paid
    1. $958.40 for two Gold Western Force memberships (used to be 4 Gold memberships, but the tin lids have grown up)
    2. $1,637.80 for 8 Platinum seats at the Bledisloe test in Sydney on 19 August 2017
    3. $1,305.30 for 8 Platinum seats at the Australia vs South Africa test in Perth on 9 September 2017.

The total payments to the ARU/RA in 2017 were a bit lower than prior years because Platinum seats for Lang Park usually are more expensive than the equivalent seats at nib. In a few previous years, after a particularly good P&L, I have paid out up to $6,400 per test for hospitality packages (but that's not been the norm).

In 2018, for the first time in over 15 years, I will not attend an international rugby union test in Australia, nor will I be taking any guests. Instead, I will find alternative sporting events for myself and my guests. For example, this month I have paid $2,347.20 for 8 Diamond seats at Origin 1 in Melbourne on 6 June.

I don't imagine that anyone in the ARU/RA will lose any sleep over the loss of my paltry $4,000+ in 2018. However, if on average say 1,000 of the Sea of Blue had been spending similar amounts and now plan to spend no more money with the ARU/RA, then the loss of revenue from the WA Rugby Community in 2018 could become something like $4 million and that would probably get the attention of the bean-counters in the ARU/RA.

Based upon current communications from the ARU/RA, I cannot envisage a time in the future when I may reconsider my decision to attend no more events hosted by the ARU/RA, unless there is a tangible and positive improvement in the relationship between the WA Rugby Community and the ARU/RA.

I note that the premium sponsors of the Melbourne Rebels at present are Fuso, Massey Ferguson, Land Rover and BLK. I believe that by their sponsorship of the Melbourne Rebels, these organisations have endorsed the activities of the Melbourne Rebels and the VRU which are hostile to the WA Rugby Community.

I shall bear BLK's sponsorship of the Melbourne Rebels in mind when I next visit a sporting goods store to purchase merchandise, and I encourage all other members of the WA Rugby Community to similarly reflect upon BLK's sponsorship of the Rebels.

Commercial dealings.

I shall remember FUSO's sponsorship of the Rebels if and when I advise our METS clients about their truck and bus requirements.

My businesses run fleets of 4WD vehicles (mainly Toyota and Nissan but occasionally Land Rover). 2018 is a replacement year for part of the fleet. Guess what, Land Rover - you haven't made our short-list in 2018.

I will remember Massey Ferguson's sponsorship of the Rebels in my dealings with clients and contacts in the Wheat-belt.

QANTAS is a major sponsor of the ARU, through its sponsorship of the Wallabies, and I believe that the sponsorship of the ARU/RA/Wallabies is an endorsement by QANTAS of the actions taken by the ARU/RA against the WA Rugby Community.

For several years now, QANTAS has been our preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel - QANTAS do not fly direct from Perth to the locations of our major international clients (i.e. Africa), so they get little or nothing of our international travel spend. However, from late 2017, our preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel changed. I and our staff now collect Velocity frequent flyer points.

I expect that the consequent loss of the $250K to $500K in annual revenue from us will not show up as even the slightest blip on QANTAS's revenue charts and will be of absolutely no consequence to QANTAS. However, if a good portion of other companies in the METS sector in WA were to change their supplier of intra-state and inter-state travel, then the blip in revenue might become more noticeable.

BTW, when we fly to Melbourne in June for Origin 1, we will fly Virgin. In all previous years, we have flown QANTAS.
    Excellent have you forwarded that in a letter format to the relevant organisations?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post

Personal dealings.

In 2017, I paid

Based upon current communications from the ARU/RA, I cannot envisage a time in the future when I may reconsider my decision to attend no more events hosted by the ARU/RA, unless there is a tangible and positive improvement in the relationship between the WA Rugby Community and the ARU/RA.

I shall bear BLK's sponsorship of the Melbourne Rebels in mind when I next visit a sporting goods store to purchase merchandise, and I encourage all other members of the WA Rugby Community to similarly reflect upon BLK's sponsorship of the Rebels.

Commercial dealings.

I shall remember FUSO's sponsorship of the Rebels if and when I advise our METS clients about their truck and bus requirements.

My businesses run fleets of 4WD vehicles (mainly Toyota and Nissan but occasionally Land Rover). 2018 is a replacement year for part of the fleet. Guess what, Land Rover - you haven't made our short-list in 2018.

I will remember Massey Ferguson's sponsorship of the Rebels in my dealings with clients and contacts in the Wheat-belt.

QANTAS is a major sponsor of the ARU, through its sponsorship of the Wallabies, and I believe that the continuing sponsorship of the ARU/RA/Wallabies is an endorsement by QANTAS of the actions taken by the ARU/RA against the WA Rugby Community.

For several years now, QANTAS has been our preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel - QANTAS do not fly direct from Perth to the locations of our major international clients (i.e. Africa), so they get little or nothing of our international travel spend. However, from late 2017, our preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel changed. I and our staff now collect Velocity frequent flyer points.

I expect that the consequent loss of $250K to $500K in annual revenue from us will not show up as even the slightest blip on QANTAS's revenue charts and will be of absolutely no consequence to QANTAS. However, if a good portion of other companies in the METS sector in WA were to change their supplier of intra-state and inter-state travel, then the blip in revenue might become more noticeable.

BTW, when we fly to Melbourne in June for Origin 1, we will fly Virgin. In all previous years, we have flown QANTAS.
    Wish I could do the same but don't supply any business to any of them as a stay at home Mum who works a day a week. 😳

vCash
    I just don't get the Massey Ferguson sponsorship at all. Pie guts Turinui said that they are a privately run team for the city of Melbourne so if an official of the club says they are a city based team stuff the bush and you aren't going to sell any tractors.

The only tractors you will see Rebels supporters drive are 4WDs down Toorak, Kew, Brighton, Balwyn, Hawthorn, Camberwell, Canterbury and Malvern then on to their annual trip to Mt Buller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I just don't get the Massey Ferguson sponsorship at all. Pie guts Turinui said that they are a privately run team for the city of Melbourne so if an official of the club says they are a city based team stuff the bush and you aren't going to sell any tractors.

The only tractors you will see Rebels supporters drive are 4WDs down Toorak, Kew, Brighton, Balwyn, Hawthorn, Camberwell, Canterbury and Malvern then on to their annual trip to Mt Buller.
    totally agree - must be owned by a true believer

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Wish I could do the same but don't supply any business to any of them as a stay at home Mum who works a day a week. 😳
    A few weeks ago there were a few guys on Facebook who wrote to Taylors winery and said they not be ordering any wine from them anymore because their sponsorship of RA. They got a call from Taylors, so Taylors got their message through loud and clear.
    http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/wal.../Partners.aspx

vCash
    Please post this on Facebook Fingers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    A few weeks ago there were a few guys on Facebook who wrote to Taylors winery and said they not be ordering any wine from them anymore because their sponsorship of RA. They got a call from Taylors, so Taylors got their message through loud and clear. http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/wal.../Partners.aspx
    It seems social media is the way to do that. I emailed Taylor's and didn't even receive a reply

C'mon the

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast