Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Optus Stadium

  1. #1
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    271
    vCash
    5086000

    Optus Stadium

    Went to first trial match tonight! It was a great venue like nothing perth has seen before. The light show was sensational. Cricket was good too.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Champion andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    1,110
    vCash
    5278000
    Worth going to watch a Dockers game?

    From another website
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4628

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    271
    vCash
    5086000
    Yeh I think so. What got me is even though I knew about the differences between the playing surface vs subi, the ground does reflect a more circular shape than the oval I was use to at subi. I was discussing the rectangular suitability for the stadium with another sp3ctator. They were saying that’s the reason the boundary is so high up from the playing surface so more seating can be brought in to make a rectangular field. I was trying to visualise last night just not sure what alignment the rectangular pitch will have on the stadium.

    The light show was pretty special.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    271
    vCash
    5086000

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    fremantle
    Posts
    497
    vCash
    7512000
    Was there as well I found that there was heaps of room on the concourse as well. Lots of leg room between seats as well. Sitting in the front row was good as well because your 4 foot above the playing surface.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,722
    vCash
    5440950
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Yeh I think so. What got me is even though I knew about the differences between the playing surface vs subi, the ground does reflect a more circular shape than the oval I was use to at subi. I was discussing the rectangular suitability for the stadium with another sp3ctator. They were saying that’s the reason the boundary is so high up from the playing surface so more seating can be brought in to make a rectangular field. I was trying to visualise last night just not sure what alignment the rectangular pitch will have on the stadium.

    The light show was pretty special.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  7. #7
    Player Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoR
    Posts
    318
    vCash
    5018000
    Looking forward to seeing myself on 28th next month ... however that's for another game played on a round pitch !

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

  8. #8
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,706
    vCash
    5198000
    Looks similar to the Stade de France.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  9. #9
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,282
    vCash
    3178000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Let's get the name right from the start, it's going to be called The Cray Pot, not Optus, not Perth Stadium, it's The Cray Pot.

    And yes it is an awesome venue

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  10. #10
    Champion andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    1,110
    vCash
    5278000
    And how do we get there? through the Polly pipe or taking a bus from Betty's Jetty

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,444
    vCash
    5052000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Train strikes me as a good bet.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,104
    vCash
    5334000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Let's get the name right from the start, it's going to be called The Cray Pot, not Optus, not Perth Stadium, it's The Cray Pot.

    And yes it is an awesome venue
    Great name

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Let's get the name right from the start, it's going to be called The Cray Pot, not Optus, not Perth Stadium, it's The Cray Pot.

    And yes it is an awesome venue
    I'd prefer to call it the Eagles Nest but that may still have some lingering fascist connotations

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    fremantle
    Posts
    497
    vCash
    7512000
    Trained it there yesterday from Perth and then bus back to Betty's Quay afterwards. Was pretty easy! But originally being from Sydney i'm used to doing that to and from events. Can't understand why people want to drive to events here and then sook about having to park.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,444
    vCash
    5052000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Trained it there yesterday from Perth and then bus back to Betty's Quay afterwards. Was pretty easy! But originally being from Sydney i'm used to doing that to and from events. Can't understand why people want to drive to events here and then sook about having to park.
    I was riding home yesterday and I saw plenty of people parking in the Burswood area. Balbuk Way near the Boat ramp and Riversdale Road seemed to be popular locations.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-02-16, 07:02
  2. Optus vs Virgin Mobile
    By jargan83 in forum Geek Speak
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-06-13, 23:44
  3. NIB Stadium
    By andrewM in forum Western Force
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-12-11, 21:09
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 14-11-08, 13:39
  5. No Stadium?
    By Bronski Beat in forum Western Force
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 25-06-07, 20:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •