Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Optus Stadium

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Yeh I think so. What got me is even though I knew about the differences between the playing surface vs subi, the ground does reflect a more circular shape than the oval I was use to at subi. I was discussing the rectangular suitability for the stadium with another sp3ctator. They were saying that’s the reason the boundary is so high up from the playing surface so more seating can be brought in to make a rectangular field. I was trying to visualise last night just not sure what alignment the rectangular pitch will have on the stadium.

The light show was pretty special.
    Well it is shorter but wider than Subi. Fence to fence it is 175m/140m, with the added 7 rows in front of the raised ground tier it will still be 163.8m/128.8m which is nothing to celebrate. That's only 5m narrower than Subi and the Adelaide Oval and 3m wider than Kardinia Park in Geelong.
    This stadium has a steeper rake angle than Subi but I'd still hate to sit on those bumped in seats for a Rugby or Soccer match.
    Optus Stadium is only the one off special event option for Rugby in WA. Anything more and we'd see the same thing all over again with crowds as happened to the Force at Subi and Reds at the WACA.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I reckon the rickshaws should get a licence to ride spectators too and from the stadium to Burswood 😃

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2