Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: New boss of Rugby Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So pretty much everyone is boycotting at this stage.

But if Raelene gets her shit together with RA (endorse IRPC & Wallabies eligibility), then we're all going?
    Seems a good idea to me that Twiggy should have a IPRC game at the NIB same day as the Bledisloe game in Optus stadium Perth.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Seems a good idea to me that Twiggy should have a IPRC game at the NIB same day as the Bledisloe game in Optus stadium Perth.
    I would rather live in hope that by then our players will be eligible for Wallabies selection and we'll be wanting to go and watch the Western Wallabies smash the Blacks.

BUT, if that is not the case, why not. It would send a strong message.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Based upon the comments that have flown around this thread and this thread alone, I don't think that would be a smart business decision.

I'm confident most diehard Force fans would gleefully boycott the Wallabies and watch the IPRC at NIB, sure, but....

NIB holds about 21,000 (iirc) and Optus holds 60,000, selling out both would still make IPRC look like small potatoes
    The Force had about 10,000 members for the last few years, not all of those would be as diehard as the faces on here, so there's no guarantee that NIB would even be full
    THe ABs on the other hand will draw any numpty who knows little about rugby just to see the "best team in the world" add to that the expat Kiwis who would most likely thirst for a glimpse of their hometown heroes, I'm pretty confident that Optus will be at capacity.

If Optus isn't filled by honest market forces, who would put it past RA to give free tickets and airfares to selected Rebels and Tahs fans just so they don't lose face?

Therefore naming that day as the day to put IPRC head to head with the Rugby Championship would be marketing suicide.

Much better to wait until the promised delivery of "rugby content" in the form of a Tahs vs Rebels match, nobody will come to watch that, but all the diehards will pay good money to attend an IPRC match that runs against it head to head.

We could play it at Lark Hill and still beat the numbers that Super Rugby would generate!

C'mon the

vCash
    Has anyone noticed that the new name format and logo style for the VRU are the same as those for the ARU? Did the ARU pay for both re-brands? Are they now openly one and the same organisation?

I see also that the VRU is holding a cocktail party next week to launch a "new era in Super Rugby" for the Rebels. A new era, huh? A new era heralded by getting the Clyne gang to king hit Western Australia, steal its babies, lie, connive, and deceive with impunity. Wonder if the VRU President - Timbo North - will be acknowledging that when he fawns all over his audience of sycophants at the launch.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the new name format and logo style for the VRU are the same as those for the ARU? Did the ARU pay for both re-brands? Are they now openly one and the same organisation?

I see also that the VRU is holding a cocktail party next week to launch a "new era in Super Rugby" for the Rebels. A new era, huh? A new era heralded by getting the Clyne gang to king hit Western Australia, steal its babies, lie, connive, and deceive with impunity. Wonder if the VRU President - Timbo North - will be acknowledging that when he fawns all over his audience of sycophants at the launch.
    That's a typo, Alison. It's supposed to be a "new error in Super Rugby". Bloody speech-to-text and auto-correct!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

Wonder how many turns Weary Dunlop would make in his grave , having the VRU do this and use his name for their top club? Interesting line on his Wikipedia page:

"After 1945, with the darkness of the war years behind him, Dunlop forgave his captors and turned his energies to the task of healing and building. "

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    the RA VRU branding thing was noticed before the RA crap was launched.

I remember having conversations about it on here.

as for new era, for Melbourne, surely that would mean running the organisation with integrity and fiscal responsibility, so I'm assuming there'll be a jumbo sized can of Smoke 'n' Mirrors

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Wonder how many turns Weary Dunlop would make in his grave , having the VRU do this and use his name for their top club? Interesting line on his Wikipedia page:

"After 1945, with the darkness of the war years behind him, Dunlop forgave his captors and turned his energies to the task of healing and building. "
    Excellent points BnB. Hadn't considered the question but the answer is more than obvious. Sadly.

vCash

Yes I noticed it in the shots from the Vikings match against the Rising.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Weary actually went on to say "Forgive, but NEVER forget!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Weary actually went on to say "Forgive, but NEVER forget!"
    A wise man and good advice.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Its sad that the biggest issue in Australian rugby according to the RA is Izzy Folau. Just shows how out of touch they really are!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Rugbysheds

Why Austrlia is brilliant in all sports

If we start to analyze the Australian Passion regarding sports game, we will find Australian on top board. Can anyone tell why

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 30-09-18 at 17:40. Reason: SPAM

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19