Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New boss of Rugby Australia

vCash
    We should tell her the is nothing to discuss whilst Clyne et. al. are still on the board, then politely tell her to get back on the plane.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Emphasis on the word “Try”. The bridges were burnt & destroyed & irretrievable.
    Not much good dwelling on the past. However I hope Rugby WA take a little of the time to fill her in on the true details of the bastardry that was done. I'm sure those lying creeps at Rat's Arse won't have.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe get her to do a compare and contrast between what happened to the Force, and an equity stripping scam...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreclosure_rescue_scheme

Maybe mention that it now reflects how most fans in WA now view their national governing body.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I don't know what the heck she is coming for and what she's going to talk about for 2 days.

Perhaps she might spend a bit of time with Premier McGowan and Minister Murray explaining how the ARU/RA intends to reimburse the WA Taxpayer and Government for the millions of dollars which WA was encouraged to sink into now useless rugby assets in WA?

Perhaps she thinks she can sashay her way out to Floreat from her 5 star accommodation, speak in fluent cliche about all the "chellanges" which she and the ARU/RA face, hand out 2018 Bledisloe hospitality passes to the Rugby WA Board members and their partners, and hope that the Rugby WA Board will be so overcome by this largesse that they'll all say in unison "Oh wow, thank you for your generosity, Raelene; all is forgiven. And don't you worry, we'll speak to Mr Forrest about making that cheque for $50 million payable to Rugby Australia and putting it in the mail."

Or perhaps she will say "Too late now, suckers. Tough titties. This is the line in the sand, and you're on the wrong side of it. And by the way, Pulves was telling porkies - you aren't in the NRC anymore."

Last edited by FingerTips; 29-01-18 at 11:53.

Champion
    vCash
    I'd say more likely option 2!! Perhaps with the giant spreadsheet just to be sure we get the point!! Now both men and women have won in Sydney it's the rise of the the All conquering Rugby Eastcoast in 2018!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    What time on Thursday?
    Is there actually going to be a welcome party? If so, where and when?
    ( I'm not on Facebook so have to get my news from this site)

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    Baying crowd:
    'carn Raelene, show us ya giant spreadsheet!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Brett Gosper putting the foot down on the RA

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/01...ugby-world-cup

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Given past statements and current performance, he'd surely have to be telling them they're dreaming...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Brett Gosper putting the foot down on the RA http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/01...ugby-world-cup
    I didn't read that as being any kind of stomping, it sounded more like a plea for ra not to bugger it up.

Last edited by GIGS20; 29-01-18 at 10:54.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Brett Gosper putting the foot down on the RA

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/01...ugby-world-cup
    Brett Gosper:
    "But there certainly seem to be some constructive dialogue going on in that area and for World Rugby, if someone is intending to invest the kind of money we are talking about in other parts of the region, that's interesting for us.

"It's not every day you get a third party investor coming along to talk in that manner with that amount of money.

“We hope something comes out of this, where the investment happens in a good way for everyone.”
    Is the CEO of World Rugby telling the ARU/RA Board (and Ms Castle) to start acting like sensible adults and not let Mr Forrest's generous offer of millions slip through their fingers?

Last edited by FingerTips; 29-01-18 at 15:32.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I didn't read that as being any kind of stomping, it sounded more like a pleasant for ra not to bugger it up.
    From reading the parts about other geographic areas are involved, they are sorting out the calendar issues so they can't play that bs card and they highlighted Twiggy's finances it doesn't sound pleasant. They have backed the RA in to the corner by highlighting those points.

The stuff about affecting other competitions is irrelevant clap trap. The Force and other interested parties don't compete in Super Rugby and the games won't be played 1am in Sydney or at breakfast time so it won't affect Super Rugby broadcasts.

The RA and the lunatics ruining Sydney clubs can't legally stop non contracted or expired contracted players from signing with IPRC teams. Blocking registrations will end up in court and they will lose to Jack Ma, Twiggy and other governments who are financing IPRC teams.

The Sydney clubs per the Robbie Coleman and Anthony Hegarty cases have a laughable argument. Manly whinged when the Brumbies told them that they had to play for ACT clubs per their Brumbies contracts (it was a foreigner in Jake White who stood up to the Sydney clubs and pulled them out whereas Andy Friend was unsuccessful when he tried). Manly told the Brumbies to get their own players.

What the Manly f..kwits fail to realise is that they weren't their players to begin with and had no contractual obligations with Manly to begin with. Coleman and Hegarty are also ACT juniors returning home so Manly should get their own players. Coleman had the title of Prince of Queanbeyan, you don't get that by growing up in the northern beaches with floppy hair.

vCash
    I would have thought it would be appropriate to refer to the Senate report recommendation number 6 and ask her what measures the RA are considering
    outside of state based bodies which ensure the involvement and engagement with grassroots Western Australian rugby union supporters, particularly in relation to consultation in decision making processes that concern significant change to the nature and future direction of the sport.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Lou you know the answer is nothing.

Love this from Concerned Supporter on the Roar

TWAS, you say,
    Rugby WA spread plenty of lies and misinformation.””
    You are a disgrace TWAS, you are the greatest proponent of misleading &deceptive statements of any Roar poster.
    You and Cameron Clyne are in the Grand Final for miss truths.
    Please , please tell us what lies that Rugby WA has spread
    The recent Senate Enquiry was held because of actions & statements by the ARU/RA not Rugby WA.
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2018/01/26/dear-aru-sos/

I like this new South Australian poster Joshua Butler. He has really unloaded on the RA.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Just written to the QRU

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to express my concerns in to the governance of Rugby in this country. I have already expressed my concerns to the New South Wales Rugby Union and it is just as relevant to the Queensland Rugby Union as you have the voting power to drive change in Australian Rugby.

In the recent Senate Inquiry last year it was unveiled that the Western Force didn't receive significant money from the so called Australian Rugby Union, they were also under funded like other unions outside of Victoria so it is wrong for New South Wales and Queensland to target the Western Force as receiving money hand over fist to the detriment of grassroots Rugby in their respective states.

The target should be the reckless governing body for Rugby in this country and the Melbourne Rebels who have wasted tens of millions of dollars that should have gone to the actual grassroots of the game across the country not just in New South Wales and Queensland. Particularly Country Rugby clubs who have to travel long distances to games and for that matter training.

The Queensland Reds benefited little in terms of player personnel from the axing of the Western Force. Recently you signed a player who had a contract with the Rebels from their oversized squad.

I know the Queensland Rugby Union has its own issues mostly of their own doing as the Reds were extremely well run for at least three years. You have shown how much potential the game has when the front office is well run.

It is time to man up against the governing body who have destroyed the game in Australia for the sake of putting money down a bottomless pit in Melbourne. Queensland Rugby could have done with the extra money (particularly from the obscene $13 million debt write off money the game will never see again) to re-establish itself and have extra money to distribute to the grassroots. Having viewed the funding arrangements for the grassroots the distribution to each state union is woeful and won't do much to help the sport grow.

Push another vote of no confidence against the board at an EGM and in particularly their embarrassing Chairman so they could be rid of. I have no faith in them in providing the Chief Executive Officer a unified platform to drive change in Australian Rugby. The key Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer positions still remain vacant. The longer they remain vacant the more money it costs the game.

This time you should get the support of the New South Wales Rugby Union as you hold the voting power to vote out the Chairman and his board. You have to also support RugbyWA (I don't mean financially as you have your own issues) who have come out of voluntary administration due to the incompetency of Mr Pulver and Mr Clyne at board level to get moving again in their future competition so more players are eligible for Wallabies selection.

The ASIC investigation in to the Rugby Australia and Melbourne Rebels dealings also has to be backed as you need to know where the money has gone to the detriment of grassroots and schools Rugby. The book needs to be thrown at the people responsible for the financial mismanagement in Australian Rugby.

The governing body is certainly not your friend so fight against them.

Regards

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast