Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: New boss of Rugby Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So pretty much everyone is boycotting at this stage.

But if Raelene gets her shit together with RA (endorse IRPC & Wallabies eligibility), then we're all going?
    I'm sticking with my point of Reparations being made. I can't say at this point whether IPRC endorsement and eligibility will be enough, I think I would at least require a public apology and admission of wrongdoing.

But my tune might change once the actual pillaging stops.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Sir Geoff will never die of a stroke will he?
    Not sure about a stroke however he will hit with a stick of rhubarb.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I think many also want a spill of the Board and some changes to the ARU constitution as well, TIF. I do anyway.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor
    vCash

But if Raelene gets her shit together with RA (endorse IRPC & Wallabies eligibility), then we're all going?
    Nope.

All the talk of spills, reparations, IPRC etc imply some immediate rapprochement. Not going to happen as far as I'm concerned - how RA went about things told volumes about what sort of people and organisation it is. That doesn't change with a new face or even a couple of backflips; they are still the same organisation and any sudden change in direction could just as easily be reversed next week. They've destroyed whatever trust there was, and that was little enough after their behaviour over the last 12 years and more (frankly, I'm still baffled as to how someone was so naive as to stick our head in the noose this time).

To be honest, I can't see how it could change without a fundamental change of approach to rugby as a national sport. At the moment we have and always will be seen as a poor relative to organisations that have always commandeered all the revenues as if by right. And naturally, they are pretty happy with that status quo and have no interest in changing it. But until it does change and they start treating the sport as a national structure, they are just slapping spackle over fundamental flaws. And that applies as much or more to places like South Australia, West Sydney and Newcastle as it does WA.

But we'll know by their actions, and over a long period of time. At the moment there is just talk, lots of it, and it is all worthless. Shut up and show us.

vCash

Can't say we all will but I will.

vCash
    I take it reparations would cover the lost revenue that the Force wil endure this year?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I take it reparations would cover the lost revenue that the Force wil endure this year?
    Maybe, maybe not.

AndyS put my feelings forward much more eloquently than I ever could. They could reinstate us, endorse the IPRC, repay all the money we lose, and all that other stuff, but I'm still not sure I'd be sold. To be perfectly honest I don't really know what it would take for me to trust the administration of Australian Rugby again, all I know is that it would take a significant shift in the way the administration approach the management of the game and that means not just the way the deal with WA, but the way they deal with the sport Nationally (and within their frame of reference globally)

That's why I'm using an indefinite term such as reparations. I'll only know what reparations it takes once I can feel trust and loyalty again...until that uncertain point in time I won't be interested in the organisation that governs Aussie Rugby.

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If I can get the money together for airfare and ticket - I will go.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Those of you who follow the Sea of Blue Facebook page will see that I posted this about an hour ago (whilst on the train on the way home from work).

“When we had our meeting with Raelene last week, I told her that, as things currently stand, a lot of sea of blue members had lost interest in the Wallabies and would not be attending the Bledisloe game scheduled to take place in Perth next year.
    She was sceptical about that so I’m interested to know what you guys think.
    If the ARU doesn’t agree to WA having an elite team again, would you boycott the Bledisloe game (and any other Wallaby game for that matter)?”

I have been totally blown away by the response - about 100 posts in support of a boycott, in about the same number of minutes since I made the post.

If any of you want to add your feedback but aren’t on FB, feel free to do so on here!
    In 2018, for the first time in more than 10 years, I, my family and my guests (usually 8 of us) will not attend a Bledisloe Cup test in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
    (Instead, we are going to Origin 1 in Melbourne, which will be the first time that any of us has attended an NRL State of Origin match.)

I have no plans to attend the Bledisloe Cup test in Perth in 2019.
    Indeed I will encourage my family, my friends and my employees to likewise boycott that Bledisloe Test in Perth.

My reasons should be perfectly clear.

If any of my companies were to be treated by a supplier of goods or services with the same inequity and disrespect which the ARU/RA has applied to the WA Rugby Community and its members, then my companies would no longer trade with that supplier (unless faced with an unavoidable monopoly situation).

I handle my and my family's personal transactions in the same way that I handle my commercial transactions.

As a member of the WA Rugby Community, I believe that I have been treated inequitably and with discrimination by the ARU/RA.
    My response to that treatment is to cease doing business with the ARU/RA.

I believe this to be a reasonable response to the discriminatory and disrespectful actions of the ARU/RA against the WA Rugby Community.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 06-02-18 at 21:23.

Player
    vCash
    I wont go and I won't go to the RWC in Japan. I've been a Wallabies supporter for 40 years and traveled to NZ, France, Wales and Hong Kong to support the Wallabies but no more unless things change drastically within RA

vCash
    Now Ms Castle has totally lost me!!
    So the pathway for WA rugby players is Club Rugby - NRC - East Coast Super Rugby Team - Wallabies.
    And this was said AFTER RA's new CEO had come to Perth.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/r...pathway!663135

vCash
    This just proves how out of touch with the fan base in WA she is. If it was a 'listening tour', she like all the ARU before her have not listened. Fan's subscribing to Foxtel, local registrations and fans going through the gate to watch their team is what makes the ARU money. As IF we actually want to go ahead and continue propping up Eastern State teams via NRC, Future Force etc. She has NO idea.

Roll on the ASIC findings.....not expecting War and Peace from them but hopefully a little fire to burn a few toes..

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    What makes people here think that a career administrator, with no hands on, base level experience of Rugby, no knowledge of the people involved in the sport in WA, directed as to every move she makes and word she utters by a cabal of unscrupulous, vindictive swine in the East, who has not been in the job more than a few weeks, on probably her first trip to Perth in her life, who values her job, because jobs that pay her sort of salary aren't there for the picking by just anybody with absolutely no knowledge, experience, connections or interest in the sport, who has been told by her superiors to say nothing, smile sweetly, and look like she gives a toss, is going to say absolutely anything worthwhile, meaningful, and of benefit to WA rugby?

But keep on dreaming.
    I think I had her pegged right about here ...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    So the pathway for WA rugby players is Club Rugby - NRC - East Coast Super Rugby Team - Wallabies.

Which I think neatly sums up the fundamental difference between hearing something, and actually listening to it
    (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...b829da91b7b64d)

Someone needs to point out to her that the NRC does not have any player development element...that all remains with the SR teams. It's why Australia won't be catching up with NZ anytime soon...RA can similarly look at something, but not see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post

No no - that was an interview she gave last Friday morning. Behind her is the new stadium. If she is still taking that line in a month’s time, then we have cause to climb the barricades!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast