Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pressure on ASIC to investigate Rugby Australia’s Melbourne Rebels dealings

vCash
    Hansie,

Those words (or very like them) should be the introduction to the first meeting she has with Rugby WA

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    And may to let them know exactly where things are at, said by Mark McGowan...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Ms Castle, we don't hold you responsible, but your organisation we do. ...

Well may your board say they cut us adrift for the greater good of the game. The process was unconscionable and may even be proven to have been illegal, you never engaged with us, the Force team playing under the Rebels banner may beat a kiwi team in 2018, they may even top the Australian Conference, but they will not win the competition.
    The process was inequitable, discriminatory and disrespectful.
    It was unsporting.

The principal avenue of reply for the estranged members of the WA Rugby Community is to withhold money from the ARU/RA and its co-conspirator unions.
    In the case of those who own or who have substantial holdings in proprietary companies, there may be another avenue of reply, namely ceasing to do business with the sponsors of the ARU/RA and the sponsors of the co-conspirator unions.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 18-01-18 at 19:06.

vCash
    Hear hear Hansie! Well said and I hope you have sent this to Ms Castle. With out a doubt most of us feel the same way and I do wonder if they realise how many dreams were destroyed by their actions, the players, future players, clubs and fans have all had dreams and aspirations burnt, destroyed or if they are lucky simply buried.
    My plan/dream was to go to all the away games in 2020 well I’m now thinking of something else and it won’t involve Rats Arse or Super Rugby which I have watched since it started even though I was living overseas back then.
    SR and Australian Rugby Union is dead to me and I don’t think that there’s much they will do to change that bar reinstate the FORCE.
    I will be going up Joondalup Brothers soon to take out a social membership and that will now be my rugby future.

Ps if anyone can let me know when someone will be at Brothers club house doing memberships please let me know.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Well said Hansie.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Hear hear Hansie! Well said and I hope you have sent this to Ms Castle. With out a doubt most of us feel the same way and I do wonder if they realise how many dreams were destroyed by their actions, the players, future players, clubs and fans have all had dreams and aspirations burnt, destroyed or if they are lucky simply buried.
    My plan/dream was to go to all the away games in 2020 well I’m now thinking of something else and it won’t involve Rats Arse or Super Rugby which I have watched since it started even though I was living overseas back then.
    SR and Australian Rugby Union is dead to me and I don’t think that there’s much they will do to change that bar reinstate the FORCE.
    I will be going up Joondalup Brothers soon to take out a social membership and that will now be my rugby future.

Ps if anyone can let me know when someone will be at Brothers club house doing memberships please let me know.
    Save up for the 2021 Lions Tour to SA or the 2023 RWC. You won't regret either. Neither is organised by the RA so it won't be cancelled.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    The 2021 Lions Tour to SA is where my savings are going!

The stadiums and ticketing arrangements/costs for the RWC in Japan have led me to write that tournament off.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The 2021 Lions Tour to SA is where my savings are going!

The stadiums and ticketing arrangements/costs for the RWC in Japan have led me to write that tournament off.

Have the general sale ticket prices been announced for Japan? I have not had any emails about it?

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Have the general sale ticket prices been announced for Japan? I have not had any emails about it?
    https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/showNews.html?idNews=100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It’s a bit of a shemozzle if you ask me. And I’m not keen on the fact that many of the stadiums seem to be shared rugby/athletics venues where the pitch is so far away from the seats. Worse than watching rugby on an AFL Oval from the photos I’ve seen. Maybe those who’ve experienced Japanese rugby in person can put me right?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It’s a bit of a shemozzle if you ask me. And I’m not keen on the fact that many of the stadiums seem to be shared rugby/athletics venues where the pitch is so far away from the seats. Worse than watching rugby on an AFL Oval from the photos I’ve seen. Maybe those who’ve experienced Japanese rugby in person can put me right?
    That's no different to hosting RWCs in Australia and NZ where you have AFL, Cricket and Speedway (yes the Kiwis used the ground in Palmerston North that has a Speedway track around it) hosting matches. If you watch a Cricket match from Eden Park you see how oddly shaped that stadium is. I wouldn't use that as a reason not to go to a RWC.

I have watched at least 6 tests at the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne and the viewing is fine as long as you aren't up top where the bars that form part of the roof obstruct your view.

Haven't been to Murrayfield you can still see the Athletics track next to the broadcast touchline.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Hansie - your words are those of a true and inspirational leader.
    Some people have said that of Donald Trump!

Tell the aru we ain't interested, lets get our own comp underway. The aru are just a distraction in 2018. Why would you even entertain the idea of sitting in the same room with them or even receiving a call from them.

Our future is north not East. Lets make the mind shift now.

Anything east of the wa border doesn't exist. Once you start thinking like this things become much clearer and simpler.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    God help me

^^^^this^^^^

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Some people have said that of Donald Trump!
    Tell the aru we ain't interested, lets get our own comp underway. The aru are just a distraction in 2018. Why would you even entertain the idea of sitting in the same room with them or even receiving a call from them.
    Our future is north not East. Lets make the mind shift now.
    Anything east of the wa border doesn't exist. Once you start thinking like this things become much clearer and simpler.
    Your best post

vCash
    One gets the feeling that Rugby WA don't really want to entertain the idea of going there own way, they seem to be holding on for dear life to the idea RugbyAustralia will one day be inclusive on Western Australia despite the fact they have spent almost a decade and a half putting roadblocks in front of our state. There seems to be a very real mentality here than even if we are bullied by our superiours whether it be in sport or politics we will stay regardless despite things getting worse and our state continuously getting taken advantage of. When you look to other parts of the world, eg. Parts of Europe/ America they tend to have a get stuffed we will do it ourselves kinda attitude, whether it be creating their own nations/ Brexit/ or Marijuana legislation, whilst we in WA just tow the party line even if it makes everything worse.

Strong leaders are strong.
    Gullible leaders are gullible.

I guess as a rugby state we are at the crossroads and whatever way our leaders chose to go I sincerely hope they take the right path for everyone's sake, especially all our children/ Volunteer that have given everything to the sport and haven't received much back in return.

I tend to agree with the public sentiment in just packing our bags and going our own way, worst case we get the IPRC by leaving, however worst case by staying with the RA is the end of the spirit and no pro rugby for our state

vCash
    I think you might be on the wrong train with your worst case.

Worst case is a legal battle with world rugby over (at least) copyright infringement, zero players, officials and administrators signing on to a new league and nobody tp play against.

It might not come to that extreme end, but it's a valid worst case scenario.

C'mon the

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast