Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Pressure on ASIC to investigate Rugby Australia’s Melbourne Rebels dealings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

Another funny thought: There are some muslims that would say women should wear a burqa for religous reasons. I wonder how many people would support the freedom of speech angle if Folau had said "All women should be wearing burqas and not parading around like a piece of meat".
    Great opinion, we all have them and truthfully I liked reading yours. In my often misaligned opinion, you may have ruined it with the ending tho James . More power to you and May the 4th be with you as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well well the RA's Tahs got done by a team at home that got relegated from Super Rugby due to mismanagement and politics. Johann Ackerman said last year that they are still recovering financially. Just shows backing to organise fixtures (Lions had tours cancelled), $50 million, sponsored games and community Rugby funding goes a long way. Jaque Fourie who moved to the Stormers when the Lions were struggling should be the face of this.

I hope the Bulls coached by an ex Force coach do a number on Cameron's Rabble.

On the topic of Cameron or what the bell end calls himself on The Roar has got done like a dinner. The clown can't even work his way around moderation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Well well the RA's Tahs got done by a team at home that got relegated from Super Rugby due to mismanagement and politics. Johann Ackerman said last year that they are still recovering financially. Just shows backing to organise fixtures (Lions had tours cancelled), $50 million, sponsored games and community Rugby funding goes a long way. Jaque Fourie who moved to the Stormers when the Lions were struggling should be the face of this.

I hope the Bulls coached by an ex Force coach do a number on Cameron's Rabble.

On the topic of Cameron or what the bell end calls himself on The Roar has got done like a dinner. The clown can't even work his way around moderation.
    What was the crowd figure for that game. Looked absolutely abysmal. After last weeks 5500 attendance, the Waratah attendance surely wasn't much better!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    What was the crowd figure for that game. Looked absolutely abysmal. After last weeks 5500 attendance, the Waratah attendance surely wasn't much better!!!
    No idea the Waratahs stopped publishing crowd figures years ago.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Every pic of the match looks full of empty seats!!

vCash
    It is the duty of every single one of us who love Western Australia to get to the Force game on 4 May.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    It is the duty of every single one of us who love Western Australia to get to the Force game on 4 May.
    Hi Alison.

How are membership numbers going?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joblot View Post
    Hi Alison.

How are membership numbers going?
    I genuinely and honestly don’t know. The Force is under the stewardship of Minderoo, not RugbyWA.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Yep will do

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Great article from Alan Jones.
    Questioned the RA Board Selection Process
    Questioned the RA Dealings with the MRRU
    Questioned the RA Culling of the Force
    Questioned their ongoing actioned in relation to Israel Falou

All in one very clear article.......definitely keeping the 'candle in the wind' burning and the ASIC pressure on. WELL DONE JONESY.
    I'd like to say well done Nick Taylor. Jones has done a great commentary. But the stories have come from Taylor. Keep at it Nick.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I rang Senator Reynolds' office last week after I read Nick's articles. Just to be sure the senators were across those allegations. Naturally they are. Her office said Sen Reynolds has been keeping in touch with ASIC about these matters.

To my thinking the allegations show Clyne and Pulver straight out lied, not just about whether the Rebels were in the firing line right up until the transfer of the Rebels licence. But also that not only did they facilitate the transfer but they lied about whether there was an insolvency situation with Imperium prior to the transfer and also who made the cash injection to remedy that. If Nick's on the money it was Rats Arse themselves.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'd like to say well done Nick Taylor. Jones has done a great commentary. But the stories have come from Taylor. Keep at it Nick.
    Yep however Jones has got Nick's work in the minds of Rugby people outside of WA.

I see the Reds got routed by the Chiefs they looked gassed after 20 minutes. The Reds hadn't played a home match in six weeks that shows how poorly run the competition is.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Good win by the Bulls over the Rabble

Champion
    vCash
    The spin in the Rats Arse headlines is pathetic. "Resilient Rebels fall to Bulls" even though they were never in it. And last weeks "Rebels suffer shock loss to Jaguares" even though the Jaguares are basically an international team capable of beating anyone on their day. Stronger as four has been exposed as another crock of shit by RA. As soon as the Aussie teams are out of their protected bubble of derby matches they don't look competitive against anyone, South African or New Zealand. The reality is setting in that we just don't have the coaches, pathways or nous to improve under the current structures. Mentally our players are fragile after letting the rot sink in for so long, Rats Arse have no idea what they're doing or how they are going to fix it but hey they're hitting their superficial participation standards and the team they poached from other sports to play womens sevens is still semi successful yet has bugger all development under it to lift the standards instead of hoping the other countries do not improve. Some will call it sexists or whatever but the pinnacle of Australian rugby is mens 15s and while that continues to be a dogs breakfast, no other area of Australian rugby can flourish if the results aren't there and the prospect of the results changing remain non existent. Corporate spending is still diabolically high at RA headquarters. More consultants being hired with an already massively over staffed head office is killing the sport. Its sport administration for gods sake, shed some of the corporate dead weight, some of these incredible dodgy back door contracts you've let into the game, shed some salary cap burden and redirect resources to growing your grassroots competitions. Instead of complaining RA are going broke from external sources when its clearly their own ridiculous over spending, howabouts RA actually reign themselves in before its too late. Holding EGMs set up with VIC where the only way to get votes is to loosen the purse strings further is utterly contemptible. RA is killing the game through its own actions. No one has forced them to be so incompetent.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Vic led EGM was never going to work as them sabre rattling the hand that feeds them was just pure deluded.

I posted on Green and Gold Friday news in response to KRL who suggested that we support the RA's plans for the future in a polite way to tell him hell no:

- Cameron de Clyne first to go
    - Next the Sydney Uni led Nominations Committee so his replacement is not decided by the Friends of Sydney Uni Football Club
    - With the Nominations Committee gone the board all stand up for re-election as their selection was tainted by those who nominated them
    - A headcount to be done on the RA full time staff. Before they are offered redundancies they could be offered roles at state unions if they are needed there

Some good analysis on their forum finally as people have got their heads out of the sand.

The likes of Bumchin and de Clyne bang on about future planning what is it apart from being beyond bleak?
    - Despite the Ireland series the 4 Nations will see more unsold seats particularly the Bledisloe test in Sydney and the Argentina match on the Gold Coast
    - Only one home test against the ABs this year
    - No June tests next year due to the RWC and one less 4 Nations home match
    - 2020 schedule is still not decided and the Lions agreement that has expired still hasn't been renewed. There were suggestions of just two July tests after RWC years and just three in the AI period. 6 Nations unions have obligated themselves to play Georgia, Romania, Japan, etc in July which makes them less available to come to Australia
    - Two more loss making Super Rugby seasons coming up and the reality of SA moving more sides to the Pro 14 is more real with SARU directors being added to the board so they won't be kicked out and have a say in the running of the comp. They haven't properly negotiated with Twiggy

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast