Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Pressure on ASIC to investigate Rugby Australia’s Melbourne Rebels dealings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Have passed that on to those who have been in contact with the committee. The deceit with that as it ties in with the Armageddon Agreement should be chucked in with the ASIC investigation.
    Good work. Keep up the pressure.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    My concern with the government report response in relation to recommendations 4 and 5 is that there doesnt seem to be any rush to complete the investigation and with my limited knowledge of judicial matters I worry that anything they find will be swept under the carpet due to statute of limitations (which might be seven years).

The Federal Police recommended ASIC investigate the ACT Brumbies land deal in 2016 and two years later there has been no response from ASIC about this either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    My concern with the government report response in relation to recommendations 4 and 5 is that there doesnt seem to be any rush to complete the investigation and with my limited knowledge of judicial matters I worry that anything they find will be swept under the carpet due to statute of limitations (which might be seven years).

The Federal Police recommended ASIC investigate the ACT Brumbies land deal in 2016 and two years later there has been no response from ASIC about this either.
    They can't rush it as there is far more evidence that they are going through then ourselves and the Senate Committee know about. The Inquiry only scratched the surface.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    [B][I][I]

The Australian Government notes this recommendation. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has advised it is reviewing the matters raised during the Senate inquiry.

The Government has been informed by ASIC that it will provide a response to the Senate Committee separately. Due to the volume of the material and the nature of the matters raised, ASIC has advised the Government it does not believe it will be able to provide that response for some time, but that it will progress matters should the evidence warrant it.
    That’s code for swept under the carpet.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24