Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scotland Vs Eastern Australia Wallabies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Not really. Rugby in Australia seems to have been going downhill for years. 10 years ago a Bledisloe Cup game in Sydney would be an automatic sell out and was considered a genuine event on the sporting calendar but now they struggle to sell 60k tickets even with all the kiwis in Sydney. There is no growth in the heartland and the area where there was genuine growth has just been stabbed in the back with a samurai sword.

Sure there have been a few bright spots such as the Reds run to the title and NSW actually winning something in front of a crowd of 70k or even the Wallabies charge to the final at RWC 2015 but it just feels that Rugby has been sliding for sometime and now as far as I care it has dropped off of a cliff.

Last night would have been an automatic “stay up and watch” for me 12 months ago, much like the rest of the tour but I haven’t watched a minute of it and I just don’t care. I read an article about the game this morning and that was mostly because the headline was “Wallabies suffer historically awful loss” and I even laughed at them while reading it.

That is what the current ARU board has done to the game. The current board are reaping what they have sown.

As for the initial comment, the Socceroos have just qualified for a 4th straight World Cup, the Rugby League World Cup has been pretty successful with some genuine breakout performances from Tonga and Fiji. The AFL is good at staying the headlines even though there isn’t much happening apart from the draft. Cricket has the Ashes in which will dominsate a lot of sports chat for the next 6 weeks. While the Wallabies have just been hammered by a side that usually battle with Italy for the 6 nations wooden spoon.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 26-11-17 at 08:49.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Well let’s see if FOXTEL will print this on their piece about 5 things we learnt segment

I would have thought that
    number 1 point we learnt last night was that Australian rugby is in disarray!
    Number 2 a new coach is needed NOW
    Number 3 selection is still based on post code not ability
    Number 4 the rot starts in the head and filters down
    Number 5 vote out the current board and start again.
    Hear hear!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Not really. Rugby in Australia seems to have been going downhill for years. 10 years ago a Bledisloe Cup game in Sydney would be an automatic sell out and was considered a genuine event on the sporting calendar but now they struggle to sell 60k tickets even with all the kiwis in Sydney. There is no growth in the heartland and the area where there was genuine growth has just been stabbed in the back with a samurai sword.

Sure there have been a few bright spots such as the Reds run to the title and NSW actually winning something in front of a crowd of 70k or even the Wallabies charge to the final at RWC 2015 but it just feels that Rugby has been sliding for sometime and now as far as I care it has dropped off of a cliff.

Last night would have been an automatic “stay up and watch” for me 12 months ago, much like the rest of the tour but I haven’t watched a minute of it and I just don’t care. I read an article about the game this morning and that was mostly because the headline was “Wallabies suffer historically awful loss” and I even laughed at them while reading it.

That is what the current ARU board has done to the game. The current board are reaping what they have sown.
    Hear hear!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Six Nations looks interesting next year. First time in a while that I've been genuinely interested in it. Very curious to see what the Celtic Nations can do.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Anyone who has watched Glasgow play in recent years would know that the Scots would have that in their locker. Wallabies played to their strengths

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Red card ten minutes from half time, sorry I missed it. Does anybody know if there'll be a replay on fta?

C'mon the

vCash
    39th Scotland scored off the line out. Should be up on YouTube

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    To be fair Aus had no chance playing with 14 men for 60 minutes... Was nice to see Scotland playing expansive rugby which NH teams seem to be allergic to.
    Nearer 40mins and surely the worlds 3rd should at least be able to stay in touch with the worlds number 7/8? Not sure of exact positions but that’s reasonabley close. Sorry no simpathy from me.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Not really.
    Yep. Thought you might get a bite tho. I feel exactly the same. The Kangaroos are a very impressive team right now. The best since Lewis, Daley, Meninga & Co. But it's been that way for a long time. Love the Ashes too. But the team I really look forward to watching is the Socceroos. They took the hard road but I enjoyed every minute. In fact the extra playoffs felt like a bonus. I suppose it's because in both AFC and WC qualifiers there are so many crucial matches. That's how I always felt about Rugby Tests. Not ATM, sadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Red card ten minutes from half time, sorry I missed it. Does anybody know if there'll be a replay on fta?
    http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/deta...17&fta=1&fox=0

My sock draw needs a tidy, so will miss it unfortunately

vCash
    Thanks,

I'll be happy to watch all those Tahs and Rebels be embarrassed

C'mon the

vCash
    just watching the replay i thought Scotland were the better team even b4 the red card if that is the best team and playing to what they have been coached to play they not we anymore are in deep s--t

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Scotland had around 19 players out injured and Hogg did his groin in the warmup

vCash
    Even before the card Scotland were breaking the gain line time and again and definitely looked the better team.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    The implosion continues..apparently they dont need WA
    Please.
    Everyone should understand clearly that this is all the fault of the Western Force and rugby in Western Australia.
    That is why Rugby Eastern Australia has expelled Western Australia from the Australian Rugby Union Community.

If the Western Force had not been created in 2006, then Australia would have won each of the last 12 Bledisloe test series and beaten England in every test since 2006 - dead set.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast