Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will the Force get to play an exhibition game next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    How many of them have signed with the Rebels or another franchise here in Australia?

I wouldn't imagine many of the clubs that signed our players being very willing to release them for a mickey mouse tournament.
    The spirit players would be fine for the 10s tournament. Even the panasonic wild knights did alright and they are probably comparable to the spirit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    How far does the IP actually extend though?

The Western Australian based super rugby side was called the "Western Force" it had 2 names in it "Western" & "Force".

But could the name be rebranded to just "The Force" ? it has a different name for the first word "The" but shares the same name "Force" for the last word.
    I know there a different sporting body's that share similar names for teams but they are across totally different sports.

Could the "Force" name be used providing the "Western" name is not?
    According to the good Senator and I am sure Hansie has said this too that the IP includes the logo and other representative sides such as the Spirit and under age teams.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    According to the good Senator and I am sure Hansie has said this too that the IP includes the logo and other representative sides such as the Spirit and under age teams.
    But what about purely the name "Force" i could handle a new logo, it would be like rebooting the franchise so to speak. But its unlikely the ARU will hand over the iP for a dollar, they will want enough to cover the corrupt legal expenses & enough to cover what they originally paid for the IP, im assuming around 5million which we simply dont have.

vCash
    The spirit players would be fine for the 10s tournament. Even the panasonic wild knights did alright and they are probably comparable to the spirit.
    This season they are - not so much next year when everyone's buggered off east.

vCash
    Would be a brilliant time to blood the very best Pindan cup players, being only 10min a half they should cope with the intensity. There is unlikely to be big blowouts in such a short format too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But what about purely the name "Force" i could handle a new logo, it would be like rebooting the franchise so to speak. But its unlikely the ARU will hand over the iP for a dollar, they will want enough to cover the corrupt legal expenses & enough to cover what they originally paid for the IP, im assuming around 5million which we simply dont have.
    The buy back price was in the Alliance agreement, I assume it was the $800,000 they paid for it.

THere's a ballpark to start with, I think it would be pretty easy to argue that they've done more than $800,000 worth of damage to the brand and should give it back for free.

IMHO charging for it at all, in light of the fact that the agreement they killed themselves so they could damage the brand isn't really in keeping with the spirit of the recommendation (yes, I know how that sounds, the ARU aren't interested in the "spirit" of anything)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    This season they are - not so much next year when everyone's buggered off east.
    I wonder how many will choose to return as a show of loyalty.

They have been through a lot together and the nature of the team was pretty solid, I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of the boys who have had to go over east to put food on the table might choose to spend their "holidays" playing for Perth.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    I reckon you値l find that any of them that signed with Melbourne will be banned from playing for us out of spite to Rugby WA and Twiggy. The guys that went to the brumbies not so sure. The brumbies I知 hoping will be a little more accomodating.

vCash
    When the Force started we built from the ground up. I suspect we will have to do it again. I am not sure that loyalty will bring many of the boys home. They have a short career window and need to get the best they can from it. Saying that I hope a couple do, though the idea of rebuilding is not so bad - we know we can do it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How far does the IP actually extend though?
    Surely couldnt be too far from a "change in broadcast agreement"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    I reckon you値l find that any of them that signed with Melbourne will be banned from playing for us out of spite to Rugby WA and Twiggy. The guys that went to the brumbies not so sure. The brumbies I知 hoping will be a little more accomodating.
    Yeah I'm sure it will be out of spite and nothing at all to do with wanting to have their squad together so close to the start of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Yeah I'm sure it will be out of spite and nothing at all to do with wanting to have their squad together so close to the start of the season.
    Rebels + Common Sense (How do I do a does not equal sign?)

I will go with the spite thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    It is usually EPS, club players mixed with some wise heads and a marquee of Larkham and Walker's vintage that play in the 10s. Brumbies made the Final last season despite being one of the less fancied sides leading in. Pretty sure there is a pre-season trial being played on that weekend. That's what the Chiefs did they played the Bulls at Ballymore on the same weekend as the 10s.

When the Force started we built from the ground up. I suspect we will have to do it again. I am not sure that loyalty will bring many of the boys home. They have a short career window and need to get the best they can from it. Saying that I hope a couple do, though the idea of rebuilding is not so bad - we know we can do it.
    I say some will. Not everyone will become a Wallaby and even when you do the continuity in selection is not certain bar the chosen few.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    (How do I do a does not equal sign?)
    != or <> or copy and paste this: ≠

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Rebels + Common Sense (How do I do a does not equal sign?)

I will go with the spite thing.
    != or <> depending upon the language

C'mon the

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast