Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What the FUARU has done to me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    For that England try, it did look as though the England winger (Daly?) might have been ahead of the kicker when the ball was kicked, but I never got to see a decent angle on the replay. But even if that had been looked at, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match
    I thought the same and did a slow mo replay after the game. He was NOT in front when the ball was kicked. Level but not in front. But that was not replayed was it!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    I thought the same and did a slow mo replay after the game. He was NOT in front when the ball was kicked. Level but not in front. But that was not replayed was it!!!
    Fair enough, but someone in the Wallaby set-up should have had a word with the ref such that the TMO had to look at it.

IMO, neither Hooper nor Moore before him are good at approaching the ref and asking for reviews; possibly because whenever they do talk to the ref they have a surly attitude and so he doesn't want to hear from them. From U7 all the way up to international level, you have to respect the ref and get him on your side; partly because reffing is a difficult and largely thankless job, and partly because refs are human and you aren't going to get the 50:50 calls if you've annoyed the ref!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    For Daly's try, the TMO checked he was onside first before the 37 replays of the ball bouncing 1/2mm just inside the touch line ...

As for referee respect and the fact that Hooper has now had 8 yellows in Intl rugby ... the highest number in Intl rugby, may have something to do with the environment he play's in ... kinda provided by the coaching staff !

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3