Poll: Should Rugby in WA secede from the ARU and become their own governing body?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Should WA Rugby secede from the ARU(RugbyAU)?

vCash

Post Should WA Rugby secede from the ARU(RugbyAU)?

Should WA secede from RugbyAU?

That is the ultimate question…

This is not something I would consider lightly but considering all the evidence is has become apparent that there simply is no other choice for the now almost insolvent RugbyWA to let go of the noose and chain and move on.

The ARU have never had any meaningful consideration for the Force since their inception. Let’s be honest, WHAT HAVE THE ARU/RugbyAU/EARU/Rats Arsehole done for the state of WA since the Force were admitted into the super rugby competition? I sit here wondering what the positives were? All I can think of was the embarrassment the ARU faced if they didn’t have WA Rugby the super rugby licence when thousands of rugby supporters turned up in an enormous display of passion when the bidding war was underway, The rally was unbelievable, and myself like many could not resist the temptation to buy a family membership and spend every winter weekend screaming and hoping our side would win against the greatest club rugby teams the world has ever faced.. But it soon become apparent the ARU didn’t actually want us in, they felt compelled due to the community support to give us the licence. And 5 years later John ‘Neil, despite the ARU financially being on its knees, finally threw us the Death Knell that fast forward to 2017 ended the Franchise forever.

What has the ARU ever done to support Western Australian Rugby and its professional team? I am struggling to find the answers, All I can find is things that were done that the ARU were obligated to do being custodians of the game, but I cannot find any special treatment/preferences other than the Alliance agreement which was actually a form of sabotage (by design) to rid us from the sport for all eternity, it was the document that slayed a franchise, a document we were all too willing to agree on, an agreement we were bullied into, and a contract that started our inevitable doom!

As much as I am disappointed that the ARU betrayed RugbyWA I am equally disappointed that out leaders in RugbyWA were all too willing to sign over our IP and trademark rights to the ARU when we knew they were never on our side, for that I feel the people who were there when that decision was made should leave RugbyWA immediately and resign, a lot of people suspected it would result in foul play, a lot of fans questioned the decision, but ultimately our own governing body signed our death bed and put us in a position which resulted in the ARU taking away our beloved franchise. I am happy to forgive those people as it was ONE mistake, unlike the many attempts from our own custodians to wipe us from the history books and delete our franchise from existence.

So what has RugbyAU (ARU) ever done to benefit Rugby WA or the Force, because it is becoming increasingly apparent that all they ever did was put roadblock after roadblock in our way and waited for the franchise to eventually fall into a financial position of regret and then they pounced like a lion on a lonely hyena in the cold heart of the night, it wasn’t swift, it was painful and humiliating by design and we were consumed alive whilst kicking and screaming and hoping everything could change before it finally happened: The WESTERN FORCE HAVE BEEN TERMINATED!

So it leads me to question a lot of what the ARU did and why we still bend over taking it from them/ the East coast/ The political parties/ and live a life of being bullied and humiliated and just take the torture and punishment like the bitches we Western Australians have become. That’s what we are! Bitches!, from the secession movement in the early years of 1933, then there was the royalties debacle, then the GST debacle, and ofcourse the exclusion from generous infrastructure grants that we need more than any other state due to our remoteness, then ofcourse the eradication of the Western Reds (they were forced to pay for the airline fares of all visiting teams until they went broke)/ and now the humiliation of our very own community built WESTERN FORCE! When will we as a state actually stand up and do something, or have we become a state that just accepts being bullied? And why can’t we become a state of domination, a state that refuses the humiliation, a state that actually fights back and makes change for the good of their citizens, it’s not like we wanted to be apart of the Australian Federation, if the British Parliament didn’t force us to stay with the federation we would have been our own country 80 years ago!

These are the roadblocks the ARU have put in place to help speed up our inevitable doom:

·******** Lack of ARU super rugby grants and funding that doesn’t equal what the other franchises were entitled to- The Western Force historically received the least amount of money from the ARU with the super rugby grants, and here is the kicker, up until last year we had never asked for a loan, yet we received the LEAST amount of funding! Fuck U ARU! NSW received a bailout in the 90s, ACT have received bailouts/ the Reds have asked for a bailout recently, and here is the kicker 10’s of millions of extra dollars meant for grass root went to the Melbourne rebels, but if you thought that was the kicker it isn’t, this is the real kicker, those funds when to propping up an insolvent business owned by a New Zealander which was brought for $1 and pocketed 10’s of millions of dollars that were poured into unit trusts that some people had interests in (You think that is the kicker?) Then it turns out a particular person of the VRU board has an interest in these Unit trusts!

·******** They tried to kill us off during the firepower fiasco!

·******** The ARU forced Michael Foley upon us and ruined our momentum, it took David Wessel’s ONE season to inherit the players/ build his new side, and then dominate every heartland and financially favourite franchise the ARU was nurturing in their little purple circle.

·******** The ARU negotiated the Alliance agreement in bad faith, The ARU minutes submitted to the senate inquiry clearly showed that discussions were underway between the ARU board about axing a super rugby side prior to the alliance agreement being signed. That is a contract signed in bad faith, further exasperated by the fact that they didn’t declare any probably changes to their company on the financial reports for that very year. Which actually has raised a possibility of an ASIC investigation.

·******** The ARU had made a decision in April 2017 to axe the WESTERN FORCE before any decision making process had been announced and stuck to their guns to ensure the franchise that was culled was the Western Force despite having topped a number of lists in the imaginary (transparent) ARU/ Rats Arsehole spreadsheet we were all lead to believe existed.

·******** The ARU put up a charade and lied to Rugby WA and their supporters about a bullshit transparent process that did not exist, their dishonesty and betrayal is simply unforgivable! They then culled us as soon as it was legally able to do so when all impending court action has deceased.

·******** Rugby WA accepted Arbitration when let’s be honest they should have contested the Alliance agreement in the supreme court in full, not back down to the fuckwit south African lawyer from NSW and let him determine that the alliance agreement would stand and that the ARU were free to terminate the force [If we as a state were going to fight, then we should have actually fought, Arbitration is what pansies do when they are too gutless to take on the opposition and it made a mockery of our legal position! David Hammerschlag serious GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE SLIMEBALL, I hope you burn in hell!

·******** The ARU are forcing us to pay the legal costs for defending our very own super rugby side from being axed when we all knew the corrupt process was occurring and being undertaken by the ARU, and to make it significantly worse the ARU have fudged their legal costs to exploit Andrew Forrest (Cheers Andrew for being a man and withdrawing the offer/ Now Clyne knows exactly how it feels)

·******** The governing body has had a Senate Inquiry launched against them and have been found by this very own inquiry to have questionable tactics and payments to other franchises

Despite all the above and many more we are still affiliated with this corrupt basket case governing body which has destroyed our fan base, taken our franchise name from us, has attempted to BANKRUPT us and EXPLOIT us and when I look on line we are still the bitches we are and being bullied by this governing body and we still stand affiliated with this abomination!

So it leads me to question RUGBY WA themselves, why? Why are we still affiliated with RugbyAU or shall I say the EARU? I challenge Rugby WA to come up with the reasons why we still stand beside a governing body hell-bent on eradicating us? If you think the Melbourne Rebel sale was questionable then I say the exact same thing to RugbyWA, standing beside the ARU/EARU/Rats Anus/ is just as questionable, infact it makes no sense, infact it actually makes less sense than the dodgy Rebels deal which was made to benefit a small pocket of people, by standing next to the RugbyAU I see no benefit moving forward. Simply saying we pay less for insurance is a cowards answer, WHAT DO WE STAND TO GAIN BY STANDING WITH THE GOVERNING BODY THAT NOT ONLY ERRADICTAED OUR PROFESSIONAL TEAM, BUT BANKRUPTED US AND FORCED US TO PAY BACK EVERY CENT/ IF NOT MORE IN LEGAL FEES?

Let’s pull together, lets stand together, LETS SECEDE! Let’s finally show Australia that enough is enough, that we are Australians too, Western Australians, and if there is nowhere for us to stand together beside our eastern cousins then lets stand together ourselves as true WESTERN AUSTRALIANS and grow rugby ourselves for the benefit of us and only us and get rid if the ARU forever, who agrees?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Another rally?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Another rally?!
    Great idea. An exhibition game might be
    good.
    What is our anthem for when we are lining up at stade de france 2023?
    Hope its not this.. doesnt seem to set the heart racing

https://youtu.be/QnKWmZzaBNI

Last edited by terrycobner; 17-11-17 at 20:23.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    Well said . Agree 100%.They have shafted us for too long. Enough is enough. Not just time to break free. Time to fight back and show these motherf******.
    Seriously though surely we have to become our own rugby entity. Lets get a WA team into the asia rwc qualification. Wales scotland play seperately. Why not us? They are no more a seperate political jurisdiction than we are from east coast. There has to be a way.
    There is a way. RugbyWA have to be the ones to do this and that means convincing the very people who signed away our IP with the alliance agreement to now do the right thing and start our own governing body.

If Wales/ Scotland can be their own entity when they are technically part of Great Britain then there is nothing stopping us doing the same. We just need strong leaders, revolutionary leaders, true rugby leaders, we are at the crossroads, will we make the decision that truely benefits WA moving forward, or will we pander and be submissive and bend over to our political and colonial overlords from the east coast?

Vote YES

vCash
    ‘Hall of Fame’ by the Script!

vCash
    ‘Hall of Fame’ by the Script!
    What about White snake: Here i go again on my own..

Great song and fits with the cause

vCash
    Leaving Home by Jebediah

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Leaving Home by Jebediah
    How about we secede first and then find the appropriate song. I think we may be jumping the gun abit.

vCash
    Another rally?!
    Actually a rally purely for this would be good. Dont know if we would get the numbers there as before though.

vCash
    TWAS must have signed up and voted NO!

Someone has.

vCash
    Australia you can go get f@@aed
    You take it up the arse
    In rugby terms you're full of shit
    Your house is made of glass
    Us westerners are greater now
    You make us want to spit
    Together we will all tear you a brand new place to shit

Sung to the tune of advance Australia fair. (if Wales can have a specific rugby anthem, why not us?)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Australia you can go get f@@aed
    You take it up the arse
    In rugby terms you're full of shit
    Your house is made of glass
    Us westerners are greater now
    You make us want to spit
    Together we will all tear you a brand new place to shit

Sung to the tune of advance Australia fair. (if Wales can have a specific rugby anthem, why not us?)
    I actually read that to the Advance Australia fair tune and it fitted perfectly!

Prospect
    vCash
    I see this as a great opportunity.
    Don’t forget that rugby existed in Western Australia for a long time before the Australian Rugby Football Union came along (1949 I think). Western Australia probably would have been a rugby state if the Victorians hadn't invaded in the 1890's.
    Forget voluntary administration, liquidate the WARU. I dont know where this would leave the member clubs financially, but hard to imagine the EARU would pursue the clubs for its costs. I think action along those lines really would get national media attention.
    Let’s form a new, squeaky clean WA rugby union. Judging by past actions, it would not be a surprise if the EARU refused to allow it to affiliate with them. But this would be ok. With many instances of the EARU not acting in the best interests of rugby in WA, the new union would surely have a good case to affiliate directly with the World Rugby board. A member of World Rugby in the same manner as England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. WA has similar legal status to these countries (not Ireland).
    Imagine the upside to this, eligible to compete for the world cup, world U20, world womens, world sevens championships. I could easily see the All Blacks coming to play WA in a pre Rugby Championship game. And easy to see WA arranging fixtures against any international teams touring the Eastern States.
    Downside, not eligible for the wallabies. But let’s face it. With the Force gone, it's hard to imagine a local WA player ever making the wallabies again. Personally, doesn't concern me. As for the olympics, sevens teams are not actually ARU teams, they are AOC teams, the ARU just organise them. The AOC would insist that WA players be considered. Good luck getting selected though.
    And this is where Mr Forrest comes in. The new WARU would join the Asian rugby federation. There is only one team in Asia that WA would not immediately be competitive with. With a bit of seed capital from Mr Forrest, imagine it, Western Australia versus China at the Perth Rectangular Stadium in a fair dinkum World Cup qualifying match! Forrest would have to like that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

Someone has.
    I did.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

Someone has.
    It had a UK IP address

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast