Poll: Should Rugby in WA secede from the ARU and become their own governing body?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Should WA Rugby secede from the ARU(RugbyAU)?

Rookie
    vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Here are some recent tweets from Iain Payten

More
    Replying to @iainpayten
    ARU say they've also "rejected a RugbyWA proposal to have their community funding reduced to offset some of this cost".
    3 replies 1 retweet 1 like
    Reply 3 Retweet 1 Like 1

Iain Payten‏
    @iainpayten
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    ARU have rejected claims they forced RugbyWA into administration. Say they've offered to settle for "less than one-third" of 1.7m in costs and believed they were still in negotiation. Pursuing "high net-worth" individuals who have assurances they'd cover RWA's costs.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    And you represent 3.45% of the vote. Think about that, and i mean REALLY think about that for a second. In a room of 100 people you would stand with 3 people in support! Sounds like the sorta numbers that Clyne , pulver and co entertain with all their analysis.
    Look I voted in the poll. Then I said so when somebody thought it was some stupid troll from another forum who has fuck all better to do than trolling all the silly bastards who take his bait day after day.

If you don't like that, I couldn't give a fuck. So just keep on ranting but don't expect me to answer any further.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    An article from Chris Dutton written in Canberra Times in October last year. The ARU offered the Brumbies a strategic alliance with a private equity partnership but not on the same terms as the Force. I am not sure if the Senate are aware of this.

ACT Brumbies concede rugby must change for financial future as ARU offers alliance

Chris Dutton

The ACT Brumbies say they will continue working with the ARU to find a way to make rugby financially viable, conceding the game must change for it to be successful in the future.

But interim Brumbies boss Phil Thomson says the Super Rugby franchise will not rush into a decision on any potential structural changes or a mooted alliance with Australian rugby powerbrokers.

The ARU is speaking with all Australian clubs in a bid to ease the financial strain on rugby, with chief executive Bill Pulver set to meet with the NSW Waratahs in the coming days.

Pulver was in Canberra last week to meet with Thomson and Brumbies chairman Robert Kennedy to discuss ways to secure the ACT club's future.

The Brumbies will report another financial loss at the end of the year and Pulver wants to break down traditional barriers to "streamline" some back-room operations.

"We all know there is a problem with the financial model of Australian rugby, which includes the ARU and all Super Rugby teams," Thomson said.

"We all need to work together to find the best model for everyone moving forward.

"Something's got to change, it has to. Rugby has financial issues right from the top down so we need to work together to come up with the solutions of the best financial model for long-term viability."

The ARU insists it is not interested in a takeover of Brumbies operations, similar to that of the Western Force, and is rather looking at a strategic alliance.

The ARU took control of the Force earlier this year but it's understood the Brumbies are in a stronger financial position and the ACT Rugby Union board is not willing to sell intellectual property.

The Brumbies signed a new deal with major sponsor Aquis on Friday to secure their short-term future despite a turbulent year off the field.

Officials are working on a strategic plan for the medium to long-term outlook to improve the club's off-field stability.

"There has been no decisions made, the board is conducting a strategic review of all of the options available to us to find additional revenue streams," Thomson said.

"We need to look at our operating model. Everything looks good for 2017 but we need to look at our financial viability for the longer term.

"There is definitely no rushing into things, we have to assess everything that's in front of us and look at what the best strategic options are for the Brumbies so they remain financial and in Canberra for the long term."

The Brumbies are in the process of finalising a shortlist to find a permanent chief executive.

The club's search for a leader stalled at the end of 2013 when the ARU was considering a centralised Australian Super Rugby model that would change the traditional role of club chief executives.

The financial pain in Australian rugby and growing angst to restructure the Super Rugby format to four Australian teams instead of five has prompted fears about which team would be cut in coming years.

The Brumbies' financial position has raised questions about their future while the Force and the Rebels are also considered to be on the radar for being axed or relocated.

The Brumbies want to stay in Canberra but speculation has raised the prospect of shifting home games to Perth or Melbourne or the ARU relocating the franchise to another city.

Thomson is confident the Brumbies are on stable ground in Canberra and the club is working with stakeholders to ensure long-term viability.

"We've had a couple of discussions with the ARU ... we're looking to the future and re-signing Aquis is a major step for the short-term and it's great to have them on board," Thomson said.

A couple of interesting articles by Georgina Robinson

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...tion-of-teams/

http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/st...plans/?cs=3674

Last edited by Bakkies; 17-11-17 at 22:28.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I didnt want to humilate you but if you actually read the first post in this thread PROPERLY you would have read the following:

Blah Blah blah.

Thanks for proving my point. INSURANCES FFS somrthing a few quid can cover - and we have billionaire philanthropist Andrew Forrest on our side..
    Are you kidding?

Well - I don't want to humiliate you. But here goes.

First up - I am the other guy that voted no.

How about a little bit of history.

The last people that left a Union. Were the people of the North of England. It was over insurance, and they ended up with Rugby League.

But that's not important.

They never had Billionaire Philanthropist Twiggy Forrest backing them. I'm curious SPaRTAN. Do you have access to Twiggys MasterCard? You seem to be able to spend his money for him. I'm having a problem with my mortgage. Its only a few quid.

Last time I looked - he was kind of busy trying to rid the world of Slavery, and establish a brand new Rugby Union competition so Western Australian Juniors have a pathway to the Wallabies.

I am curious exactly who will this new Western Australian International team play against. The All Blacks, South Africa, Argentina and Australia. We wouldn't even come up on their radar. Let alone fit in to their playing schedule that is worked out 2 or 3 years in advance.

So, we would have to start off small - like with, gee I dunno. Maybe Hong Kong or China or Malaysia. But wait - aren't we about 14 months away from doing that anyway? I think its called the Indo-Pacific Rugby Comp. Some crazy Billionaire Philanthropist is trying to establish.

Everyone is so quick to jump on the band wagon on leaving the ARU they forgot to check on with what our Rugby Administrators think about the idea. I cant speak for Mr Howarth or Hansie or John Edwards or someone like Matt Hodgson or Twiggy Forrest for that matter, but I bet they have zero interest in WA attempting to go it alone.

You know to belittle someones opinion because it differs from yours is - well lets go with disappointing.

I get everyone is upset.

But to suggest we divorce ourselves from Australian Rugby and going it alone is akin to a kid a telling his mum and dad he is running away from home because his favorite toy got confiscated.

Its time to grow up.

Lets stop expecting that Twiggy will bail us out every time the topic of money comes up. Lets put on the big boy and girl undies.

Lets come up with some real, practical ideas in helping RugbyWA getting out of their debts and back administrating Rugby in Western Australia.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Steady on Spartan you’ve only been here 5 minutes and you’re ragging on a fairly respected old dude.If you ask for people’s opinions then respect them. Otherwise you’re no better than that other piece of garbage that everyone has their knickers in a knot over. Remember opinions are like assholes everyone’s got one!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sorry about the old Shasta!😜😜😜🖕

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Sorry about the old Shasta!😜😜😜🖕
    yeah Shasta is old - and follows MungoBall.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    yeah Shasta is old - and follows MungoBall.
    Right between being an old fart and still having the Mungo's to follow, not too stressed.

But that bloke who is upset with me was right in one respect. I didn't read all of his post. My head would've exploded before I got to the end. There's only so many times you can read the same endless ranting.

BTW. I want to change my vote to stupidest idea since sports. Sporks. Damned spellchecker!

Last edited by shasta; 18-11-17 at 00:15.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Right between being an old fart and still having the Mungo's to follow, not too stressed.

But that bloke who is upset with me was right in one respect. I didn't read all of his post. My head would've exploded before I got to the end. There's only so many times you can read the same endless ranting.

BTW. I want to change my vote to stupidest idea since sports.
    I couldnt read it all - I tried.

I agree - I wish to change my vote too.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    I think the attacks on Shasta are uncalled for.

And as far as sporks are concerned, I find them more convenient than chopsticks, especially for curry and rice.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Steady on Spartan you’ve only been here 5 minutes and you’re ragging on a fairly respected old dude.If you ask for people’s opinions then respect them. Otherwise you’re no better than that other piece of garbage that everyone has their knickers in a knot over. Remember opinions are like assholes everyone’s got one!
    Well I dont appreciate people editing my posts without permission. Infact the admins of TWf should know better. Anyways if we are talking respect modying peoples threads should be something the admins also respect so it works both ways.

vCash
    Are you kidding?

The last people that left a Union. Were the people of the North of England. It was over insurance, and they ended up with Rugby League.

They never had Billionaire Philanthropist Twiggy Forrest backing them. I'm curious SPaRTAN. Do you have access to Twiggys MasterCard? You seem to be able to spend his money for him. I'm having a problem with my mortgage. Its only a few quid.

Last time I looked - he was kind of busy trying to rid the world of Slavery, and establish a brand new Rugby Union competition so Western Australian Juniors have a pathway to the Wallabies.

I am curious exactly who will this new Western Australian International team play against. The All Blacks, South Africa, Argentina and Australia. We wouldn't even come up on their radar. Let alone fit in to their playing schedule that is worked out 2 or 3 years in advance.

So, we would have to start off small - like with, gee I dunno. Maybe Hong Kong or China or Malaysia. But wait - aren't we about 14 months away from doing that anyway? I think its called the Indo-Pacific Rugby Comp. Some crazy Billionaire Philanthropist is trying to establish.

Everyone is so quick to jump on the band wagon on leaving the ARU they forgot to check on with what our Rugby Administrators think about the idea. I cant speak for Mr Howarth or Hansie or John Edwards or someone like Matt Hodgson or Twiggy Forrest for that matter, but I bet they have zero interest in WA attempting to go it alone.

You know to belittle someones opinion because it differs from yours is - well lets go with disappointing.

I get everyone is upset.

But to suggest we divorce ourselves from Australian Rugby and going it alone is akin to a kid a telling his mum and dad he is running away from home because his favorite toy got confiscated.

Its time to grow up.

Lets stop expecting that Twiggy will bail us out every time the topic of money comes up. Lets put on the big boy and girl undies.

Lets come up with some real, practical ideas in helping RugbyWA getting out of their debts and back administrating Rugby in Western Australia.
    We will have to agree to disagree. The Rugby League split was caused over player payments. Also players were unhappy having to work and play. But I am happy to be educated if there is something I missed but to say League originated because of issues with insurance is really twisting truth a little.

vCash
    Are you kidding?

I get everyone is upset.

Its time to grow up.

Well if Insurance was such a huge issue, so much so it would cripple RugbyWA to the point of insolvency (I dont buy it btw) then how do RugbyCanada and the USA governing body do it? It surely cannot be too hard? I think instead of thinking logically you are looking for the first thing to discredit the possible movement by rehashing the boring old insurance line.. so we all just continue to let our own governing body drive us(RugbyWA) into insolvency? but that is fine, we will stick with the ARU(RugbyAU) because they help keep our premiums a fraction lower.. we are a first world state and we can easily afford to insure our players if someone actually did the ground work to set this up. I am over watching RugbyWA be bullied whilst we literally do nothing but take it, over and over, all year and now and now we are in administration. I am done with RugbyAustralia.

I didnt say twiggy has an open checkbook (lol) but throwing 50million at grassroots (eg. 6mill per year) like his ARU offer is small fry when compared to what Twiggy was already willing to do. I am sure if he knew there was a secesion movement he would be willing to redirect a small amount of funds to help pay for the small amount of players we have playing in our state, the rest of the money would be raised the same way all the other 1st world nations raise the funds, through the sport and community. To say Insurance ties us to the devil(rugbyAustralia) indefinitely is just asking for more of what we have already experienced from the deceitful conduct of Pulver / Clyne/ Clarke/ North and co (the board).

I think a little reality check is in order, do you listen to the fans? Or do you know better? Because the ARU knew better and we are in this mess, RugbyWA knew better and they sold our IP, sorry but trust only lasts so long until enough is enough. I think for the fans RugbyWA owes it to them to do something constructive and seriously start the steps to leave the worlds worst governing body in any sport! Sounds like a no brainer really!

vCash
    Guys this is going to end up with the same conclusion. Spartan focus on giving Josephine Barker a shoeing on The Roar

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast